Prestigio 4055 - Perfect for the money.
Still is ONE OF THE BEST BUY product.
Robin, 22 Jan 2014Today i have purchased 4055 Duo mobile from Bangladesh. How can i update 4.2.2 or later ? is i... morewhy do you hurry so much to update? play a little with your device. its an excellent phone out of the box. take your time to learn something about the phone and then go for the update.
Prestigio 4055 DUO - AnTuTu Benchmark Scores:
From 9104 to 9636,
See screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/E1YJ3
Prestigio 4055 user, 17 Jan 2014Yes Skype works well on this phone. I use Skype version 4 installed 5-6 months ago and it work... moreThe same situation is with Whatsapp messenger.
Whether you phone is single SIM or Dual SIM, you can install Whatsapp messenger application only once via Google Play Store. So, only 1 phone number can be registered via your phone and you can use only 1 number in your dual-SIM phones. However, if you use an Android phone (single SIM or Dual SIM), you can not use multiple accounts and multiple installations of Whatsapp on your phone, because this app do not support multiple accounts or two numbers connected to the same account.
Robin, 22 Jan 2014Today i have purchased 4055 Duo mobile from Bangladesh. How can i update 4.2.2 or later ? is i... moreLatest official Prestigio OS is 4.1.1 / Firmware version (build number) 1.0.28 from 17.12.2013. Whether and when Prestigio planning to upgrade OS to some of the later versions (4.2, 4.3 or 4.4) who knows?
But you can try to install unofficial, modified ROM on your own risk.
Try to search on some prestigio compatible ROMs on xda-developers forum or some of the russian forums:
Do not rush before you decide to install some custom ROM, consider the implications (consequences) and review the experiences of those who have already tried – good, cons, etc. ... the loss of warranty ...
Today i have purchased 4055 Duo mobile from Bangladesh. How can i update 4.2.2 or later ? is it possible.
kirca, 07 Jan 2014I updated two weeks ago via OTA and I running the latest firmware version 1.0.28. Today I che... moreThere is a version between 1.0.22 and 1.0.28.
Some of the Russian market currently have version 1.0.26 and seems can‘t do update to the latest version 1.0.28.
Perhaps would for soon come some newer version and then would make upgrade.... http://cs7004.vk.me/c311930/v311930160/5003/zcKcXDZzfuI.jpg
viber on 2sim, 17 Jan 2014How works Skype and Viber?
How to use Viber on dual SIM phone?Yes Skype works well on this phone. I use Skype version 4 installed 5-6 months ago and it works good. Can be use and video calls too.
I haven't try to use Viber on this phone, but can use it - no reason why can not.
According to experience of some Viber users on dual SIM phones, you can use a Viber application, but only 1 number/SIM you will be able to register to the application.
I search internet and as reply of this question: (“Is it possible to include a second telephone number on my Viber account?”), I found this answer from an official representative of Viber:
- Viber currently supports only one phone number per device. We might add an option to have few numbers connected to the same account in the future.
(Answer is from 2 years ago, but still nothing is done?)
How works Skype and Viber?
How to use Viber on dual SIM phone?
Additional Prestigio 4055 product pictures review:
Prestigio MultiPhone PAP 4055 Duo - White color
At this link: http://imgur.com/a/naxdn
scroll down to review all info pictures.
Prestigio MultiPhone PAP 4055 Duo - Black color
At this link: http://imgur.com/a/jEENd
scroll down to review all info pictures.
Raojee, 08 Jan 2014i plan to buy this phone plz and disadvantage of this phonePrestigio 4055 good features:
*Solid design and strong body (comfortable and well fits in hand, stylish with ribs back cover to protect sliding and sweating hand, plastic body does not creak under the fingers, and on touch not look like cheap made)
*The screen is covered with protection glass, not plastic like some cheaper Xperia
*Good SIM Manager, easy and simple to operate
*Good headphones (strong, deep and quality sound)
Prestigio 4055 bad features:
*Not too much of customization choices (very poor finishing - upgrading system from Prestigio, no good clock widget, weather widget, no skins, themes... ...widgets are mostly native Google - must download additional widgets from Google Play Store)
*Noise (sharpness grain) and low sensitivity camera to dim light and dark
*2 way G sensor for display rotation works in extreme positions
Overal rating: 7/10
1. Ergonomics, design and build quality (8/10)
2. The screen and keyboard (7/10)
3. Battery (9/10)
4. Operating system and ease of use (7/10)
5. Technical baseline processor and RAM (6/10)
6. Camera (6/10)
7. Connectivity, memory and multimedia (7/10)
Raojee, 08 Jan 2014i plan to buy this phone plz and disadvantage of this phoneAdvantages:
- Pretty fast and stable operating system Android 4.1.1.
- Good classic design and strong body.
- Strong battery 2500 mAh (lasts 3-4 days for normal usage)
- Quality headphones for music and radio
- Two SIM cards with good SIM Manager (only one card is 3G, but easy setup and change card to be 2G or 3G)
- Easy and simple to operate
- Bad viewing angles on the screen
- Slow and not accurate G sensor for display rotation (2 way G sensor)
- For the 8 megapixel camera is not acceptable noise and low sensitivity to dim light and dark (weak flashlight effective only up to 0.5 meters)
- Battery showing percentage is not accurate
- Widgets are mostly native Google, and it seems poorer than that of Samsung, HTC or Sony.
kirca, 06 Jan 2014Hi Kate, they ask for firmware build number, I guess.
You can find it in: Settings>About... moreI updated two weeks ago via OTA and I running the latest firmware version 1.0.28. Today I checked in my phone, and the build number is:
It seems that the latest firmware version (build number) is PAP4055DUO.20131129.v1.0.28 which is release on 17.12.2013.
Kate, 06 Jan 2014Struggling to get started and Support asks for stupid things like what is your Build No. Haven... moreHi Kate, they ask for firmware build number, I guess.
You can find it in: Settings>About phone>Build number,
should be:PAP4055DUO.20130418.v.1.0.16 if it not updated at all,
or if it previously updated to v.1.0.22 should be: PAP4055DUO.20130715.v1.0.22
For the latest firmware update v.1.0.28 Build number is: PAP4055DUO.20131217.v.1.0.28
Struggling to get started and Support asks for stupid things like what is your Build No. Haven't a clue. Support zero if you can't get past these questions. No UK phone support.
Accelerometer only works in two extreme positions, Wrong battery indicator, are incorrigible, don't expect to be fix and don't losing your time for discuss!
1. Accelerometer (2 way G sensor for display rotation) only works in two extreme positions - can't fix it is not software problem, it is hardware problem;
2. Battery indicator - do not lean on the pointer of battery percent because is not accurate (percentage does not match the real battery state):
- from 100% to 85% sometimes dropping down very fast even when phone is in sleep,
- from 85% to 25% dropping not linear with jumps,
- from 25% to 0% holding pretty much long (sometimes up to 1,5 day),
However not so bad, there are and positive sides:
Prestigio 4055 Battery Endurance Rating is 51h (58h) i.e. 51h for battery consumption from 100% to 10% and 58h for battery consumption from 100% to 0%.
According to “helpix.ru” comparisons and tests, Prestigio 4055 has 13% better battery life from Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 (Prestigio 4055 score = 113%, Samsung I9500 S4 score = 100%) (see more on http://helpix.ru/articles/battery-test.html ).
This means that you will need to charge the phone every 51 hours if you do an hour of Video Playback, an hour of Internet Wi-Fi and an hour of Voice calls every day. More for battery live and testing on: http://www.gsmarena.com/gsmarena_lab_tests-review-751p6.php
My experience about battery life is 3-5 days.
Average I do about 20-30 calls per day (total duration for all daily calls about 50-70 min on both SIM), and I use 5-10 times 3G internet only for weather condition update on widget sense clock.
Additional Prestigio 4055 product pictures review and screenshots.
Go to this link: http://imgur.com/a/jEENd
and scroll down to review all 36 info pictures.
Prestigio 4055 camera samples:
see link below (more than 100 photo samples captured by Prestigio 4055)
Prestigio 4055 camera specification:
8Mpx, (3264x2448 pixels), f/2.8, 3.5mm autofocus, LED flash
Camera features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, panorama, HDR, ZSD, Color Effect, Scene mode, White balance.
For better photos I recommend to set:
- Sharpness to middle,
- Hue to middle,
- Contrast to high,
- Saturation to high,
- Brightness to middle,
- Picture size to 8Mpx.
Complete Camera features and settings:
- HDR: High Dinamic Range, Turn on/off.
- Flash mode: Turn on/off flash mode depending on your lighting conditions.
- White balance: Select an appropriate white balance, so images have a true-to-life colour range. The settings are designed for specific lighting situations. These settings are similar to the heat range for white-balance exposure in professional cameras.
- Color Effect: Select among various photo effects that are available.
- Scene mode: Change the scene mode.
- ZSD: Turn on or off ZSD (zero shutter delay). It helps you to capture photos immediatelly.
- Store location: Set the camera to include location information for your photos. To use this feature, you must activate location services.
- Exposure: This determines how much light the camera’s sensor receives. For lowlight situations, use a higher exposure.
- Self timer: Select a time span for auto photographing, can be set to high, middle or low.
- Sharpness: Sharpen or blur the borders between objects.
- Hue: Adjust the Hue level, can be set to high, middle or low.
- Saturation: Make colors more or less pronounced, can be set to high, middle or low.
- Brightness: Adjust the brightness level, can be set to high, middle or low.
- Contrast: Adjust the contrast, can be set to high, middle or low.
- Picture size: Select the size of picture, can be set to 8Mpx, 5Mpx, 3Mpx or VGA.
- ISO: Set the ISO level to Auto or manually to 100, 200, 400, 800 or 1600.
- AE meter : Select Spot, Center-weighted or Average mode.
- Anti-flicker: Select a band to avoid the impacts on photos caused by flickers from lighting sources (Auto, 50Hz or 60Hz).
- Restore defaults: Restore to default settings.
Video features and settings:
- Time lapse interval: Set the time lapse interval.
- Video quality: Set the quality level for videos (1080p@15fps, 720p@30fps, 640x480@30 fps, 480x320@30 fps).
- Store location: Set the camera to include location information for your videos. To use this feature, you must activate location services.
- EIS: Electronic Image Stabiliser, Turn on/off.
- Focus mode: Select to use either type of focus mode.
- Video duration: Select time and size limit for the file.
- Microphone: Enable or disenable microphone while recording a video.
- Audio mode: Select a audio mode.