Anonymous, 22 Aug 2019Pixel binning is hardware.
I checked a lot of camera comparaisons and rn7 destroys r3 pro in ... moreYou can't artificially combine pixels and call them same as real 1.6um pixels. They offer a little improvement but nowhere as good and results in loss of details.
RN7 doesn't even come close, let alone destroy Realme 3 Pro camera. Why don't you check side by side picture comparison of both phones by Gsmarena below?
RN7 is only comparable to Realme 3, not 3 Pro lol. It loses all colour accuracy in moderate lighting, can't capture any details in shadows in good lighting, has more noise, less details and poorer edge detection.
Also check Gsmarena 4K video recording from Realme 3 Pro and Redmi Note 7. The difference is night and day. The level of detail in 4K videos is so bad in Note 7 that it's advised you don't record in 4K. You'll get better videos from its 1080p recording.
Realme 3 Pro is one of the *very few* phones in this price that is capable of recording good 4K videos.
Gsmarena agrees with all of it.
Anonymous, 22 Aug 2019Pixel binning is not enough to make up for hardware shortcomings even if it makes it 1.8um.
... morePixel binning is hardware.
I checked a lot of camera comparaisons and rn7 destroys r3 pro in terms of camera
FirstTop, 22 Aug 2019Hi Realme 5 Pro vs Realme 3 Pro Which one is better for the camera? Thanksof course Realme 5 Pro
FirstTop, 22 Aug 2019Hi
Realme 5 Pro vs Realme 3 Pro
Which one is better for the camera?
ThanksRealme 3 Pro is still the best Realme device.
And if you ask like this, you'll be misguided by people who don't know anything about cameras. It'll be better to Google what the following means.
- f/1.7 vs f/1.8
- 1.22um with dual pixel vs 0.8um
- 5MP depth sensor vs 2MP depth sensor
* 5 Pro does get the advantage of 1/2 aperture whereas 3 Pro has 1/2.6 aperture, but the front aperture makes bigger difference.
* 2MP depth sensor is nearly useless in main camera because what it offers can easily be achieved without it if camera is well optimised. It should have been in selfie camera, but they added it in main to complete "quad camera" set up.
Realme 3 Pro, Realme X and Realme 5 Pro selfie cameras are not all that different. But if you must compare:
Realme 3 Pro has 1/2.8 aperture, X has 1/3 and 5 Pro has 1/3.1. So, 3 Pro is better capable of capturing details, followed by X.
3 Pro has 0.8um which is fine for selfie camera since subject is quite close to camera.
X and 5 Pro have 1um, which allows brighter pictures in lowlight.
mtolgae, 22 Aug 2019thinking of buying this or rn7. r3p seems like a better phone with its cpu, gpu and camera. pl... moreI've used RN7 and I can guarantee that its battery endurance is even worse than this phone, especially in heavy usage.
Realme 5 Pro vs Realme 3 Pro
Which one is better for the camera?
thinking of buying this or rn7. r3p seems like a better phone with its cpu, gpu and camera. plus it is a little smaller than rn7. however the only thing that bugs me is the software support. i have seen many people complaining about its standby battery drain since its release and i wonder if it is still an issue. if they couldn't, it means crappy updates and support. also there does not seem to be enough custom rom developers around. what do you think about software support and colorOS? is it any better than miui?
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019I was watching a yt video of an Indian. He was saying that nokia 8.1 des not have fast storage... moreProblem with yt reviewers that only few of them know what they're talking about means. I only watch their reviews to see samples to judge by myself but they even manage to mess that up sometimes.
Nokia 8.1 and Realme 3 Pro are the top devices in the list OP mentioned and compete with other devices that cost 2-3 times more where I live.
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019Rn7 pro has 1.6um pixel size thanks to pixel binning. The camera works the same as an 12mp wit... morePixel binning is not enough to make up for hardware shortcomings even if it makes it 1.8um.
Like I said, Technology Jock made a thoroughly detailed camera comparison of Note 7 Pro and Realme 3 Pro. Including their digital zoom and HDR. You'll understand better by real life comparison instead of theoretical.
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019It's easy to select when you know about cameras and OS. Realme 3 Pro has f/1.7 aperture, wh... moreRn7 pro has 1.6um pixel size thanks to pixel binning. The camera works the same as an 12mp with 1.6um but with better digital zoom and faster hdr. Search anout pixel binning
Anonymous, 21 Aug 2019The top phones in your list are Nokia 8.1 and Realme 3 Pro. They offer significantly better pe... moreI was watching a yt video of an Indian. He was saying that nokia 8.1 des not have fast storage in this range.
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2019i've been using realme 3 pro for a couple of weeks and it only gets high when playing high-end... moreYou should be happy that it only gets high when playing PUBG while charging. It's highly discouraged to use phones for heavy workload while charging because they start overheating/throttling.
Throttling is when phone heats up beyond safe temperature and Android restricts its performance to cool it down. This results in so much lag that games become unplayable.
Also, if you're using its VOOC charger to charge, then let me just say that most other phones motherboard would likely melt down if you played PUBG while using VOOC because its watt is too high. You've to be brave to perform this feat xD
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2019Hello Guys. I want some suggestion about a phone which has a good battery, avg gaming, nice ca... moreThe top phones in your list are Nokia 8.1 and Realme 3 Pro. They offer significantly better performance, camera and battery as well as in case of Nokia 8.1.
Nokia 8.1 offers:
- Android One, which is lightest and most performance oriented OS out of all.
- SD 710 with Android One - you can expect 40-60 FPS in PUBG on HD/HDR.
- Its camera set up is one of the most unique and really good.
It has OIS which moves camera lens to cancel hand-shake, which improves quality/details and gathers more light.
Secondary 13MP camera just to help improve main camera even more.
1.4um which is extremely good for low light. It'll blow your mind in night time if you install Gcam.
It easily makes up for its lower aperture (f/1.8) than Realme 3 Pro (f/1.7). It's made to be a perfect all rounder.
- It also has NFC to pay with your phone instead of credit cards.
- With Android One and 10nm chipset, you can expect its battery to last just as long or longer than all the other phones in your list in heavy workload and about just ad good in normal usage.
Realme 3 Pro offers quite similar experience:
- SD 710 which maintains 40+ FPS on HD/HDR.
- Cameras are combination of top notch specs and good optimisation, making it rival phones that cost 3 times more than itself. Read my previous comment about camera.
Personally, I trust Nokia more than Realme for quality and long term use, so I'd go for Nokia 8.1. It offers NFC as well which 3 Pro doesn't. But if you want a guaranteed excellent camera, Realme 3 Pro is the phone to go for. Its audio bit rate is a bit low but it's stereo which easily makes up for it.
There is no reason to touch any of the other phones in your list. They're inferior in every way. Especially stay away from Samsung. A30 and all A series phone are bad value for money. Even A50 is not comparable to Nokia 8.1 and Realme 3 Pro.
- J7 Pro is overall better than A30, except for its chipset, but it's a bit outdated and you'll be missing some desirable features found in many other phones.
- Nokia 7 Plus has excellent performance, battery and camera (personally tried it, selfie camera is better than Oppo F11. It has telephoto lens for zoom, which doubles as a Depth Sensor for edge Detection and it offers NFC as well. But no reason to buy it over Nokia 8.1 or Realme 3 Pro.
- Honor 8X is quite good with comparable cameras and performance as Nokia 7 Plus.
- Redmi Note 7 Pro has more powerful chipset than 8X & 7 Plus but FPS and battery endurance in games/PUBG are same, perhaps due to heavy MIUI. Its cameras are also aren't optimised properly, so it partially loses, partially wins and partially competes with 7 Plus and 8X. Overall, too inconsistent.
- Redmi Note 7 cameras works better than Note 7 Pro, but it messes up colours and details in shadows when lighting is moderate. It also has poor battery endurance in heavy workload and if you're planning to play games, you must not buy this phone. Its performance is similar or worse than some SD 636 phones like Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 - you'll have to play on low graphics for decent FPS and battery will last 4ish hours. It also heats up more than any other device in your list.
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2019You can select either the RN7 Pro or R3 Pro. Battery and camera wise, it is hard to select. Re... moreIt's easy to select when you know about cameras and OS.
Realme 3 Pro has f/1.7 aperture, which is better than Note 7 Pro f/1.8 aperture. It affects how much details a camera can capture and how well it performs in low light.
Secondly, Realme 3 Pro has 1.22um which is quite good for low light conditions (1.12um+ are good). Note 7 Pro has 0.8um which is poor for low light conditions and requires artificially brightening up the pictures which reduces the colour accuracy and quality.
MP count does not matter. Cameras are mainly about apertures and optimisation. Note 7 Pro stock cam is quite badly optimised but works better if you install Gcam. But Realme 3 Pro works even better with Gcam.
Realme 3 Pro also records much better 4K videos and its main camera pictures are comparable to iPhone 8's main camera.
Check Technology Jock camera comparison of Realme 3 Pro and Note 7 Pro for side by side comparison, or you can use Gsmarena Picture Comparison Tool.
MIUI is heavy and drains battery like crazy, but Color OS isn't that great either. However, Realme is making its Realme OS which they aim to make to be as lightweight as stock android as possible. This means better performance and battery.
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2019Hello Guys. I want some suggestion about a phone which has a good battery, avg gaming, nice ca... moreYou can select either the RN7 Pro or R3 Pro. Battery and camera wise, it is hard to select. Realmi has better processor and fast charging while Redmi has better USB and 48 MP camera.