Anonymous, 22 Dec 2013Bought lumia 1520. Happy with it.
Being an android user who bought
S2, S3, N2, N3, S4 an... moreI've to say that I was right in everything except apps :-(
This message is for all android users who want to switch to windows.
1. Setup issues : unless you insert the sim, the software won't let you login into windows live account and cannot install apps. The problem is it won't tell you so, it throws some stupid error numbers.
2. Video player : No good video player. Stock player is slow and no seeking.
The famous moliplayer was slow to start. Then an upgrade made it fast but the startup animation is cluttering now. This breaks the smooth flow of wp. I've a lot of videos and its too slow to show the list and scroll the videos.
The onscreen control is slow and feels like naively developed.
In contrast Mxplayer kills it in android.
3. IMDB : need to travel alot in the ui to get to see anything. Not good compared to android. You can just arrange the tiles in an awesome way and design it a lot better.
4. The battery life is not that great.
At low brightness I spent 1 hour doing things. Then got the screen on time per hour.
Yeah no app to show the screen on time !!! Overall 8hrs low screen on time for 84% battery life spent. I measured it manually.
5. The camera default mode is little overexposed to light. Yes we can adjust it but default should be perfect.
6. Browsers : its really a mediocre experience on wp. Android has got Boat browser, UC browser.
The ucbrowser is mediocre on wp.
7. If battery life goes bad, I can't measure it, I don't have apps like greenify, hibernate(android tuner), freeze(Titanium backup) etc to make it good.
8. No good torrent softwares.
9. Games : too few are there and my favo Subway Surfer is kind of slow (on SD800) and graphics is little choppy (in coins) when compared to android.
10. File explorer :
Once, at least once use the Root Explorer. Its the most powerful and smooth file browser ever.
Even in rumoured wp8.1 We don't have a file browser planned. The rumoured wp8.1 is going to release on Apr 2014.
Good things :
1. Great cam
2. Great screen
3. Awesome sunlight legibility.
4. Good and loud audio quality.
5. Great call quality.
6. Cam button.
7. Great build quality and no cheap feeling.
I just upgraded my note2 software from Android 4.1 to 4.3. Its awesome and smooth. I'm gonna stick with it for sometime.
WP apps are lacking. Trust me. No android user should migrate to wp in at least for another 5 yrs.
Great review. My conclusion as Office 365 Smal Bus Premium user: with a HDMI cabel and keyboard it can and will replace the laptop.
No lockscreen short cuts?????
You can play your music in lockscreen and launch the camera during lockscreen. As well as see your customized notification count as well. And choose an app to show detailed status. Also kids corner shortcut can be had from the lockscreen too.
The article needs revision due to the fact, that sunlight legibility is outstanding thanks to Opical's Assertive Display technology (a 1st implementation in Nokia devices).
Yeah this is the best phone of Nokia but I am confused on Nokia 1020 and 1520 .actually I am confused about camera quality .which one has a better camera quality 1020 or 1520.because I want to tale the best camera phone
AnonD-77677, 24 Dec 2013in short, the main disadvantage is... the WP8 OSYes, that's correct. The main disadvantage is the OS,
a closed-source non-customizable OS that god know what kind of NSA backdoor it install.
Best thing about technology is they keep on evolving, the bad thing about user is they can't keep up with tech. Yesterday note 3 is best display, today might be lumia 1520 and tomorrow might be Motorola coming up with best screen technology. Narrow minded will cling on note 3 news and arguing with other, so does some narrow minded cling on lumia 1520 and arguing. Yesterday nokia, today Samsung, tomorrow? Move on guys.
AnonD-217044, 24 Dec 2013I do agree with you about screen brightness but from all available comparisons, lumia 1520 out... moreYes it does. But at it's true full brightness the Note 3 is actually very close. Both have amazing displays though.
[deleted post]I do agree with you about screen brightness but from all available comparisons, lumia 1520 outperforms all other heavy weights, including note 3.
Please stop comparing, it's window phone and Android. If want Android, just buy and enjoy it. And if you want window, buy it and enjoy. Both have advantage and disadvantages. Come on guys be grateful that we have ios, android, window and many more os are coming. Let's enjoy.
AnonD-92238, 24 Dec 2013Wait wait wait....! What did you just said?? Customizable!!!! and wp8 !!!yes pal..i'm writing form my 1520 and i can say it's costumizable..i just love it..if you like android it's just fine..i had android for 3 years and i got bored..i hate IOS so just switched to wp8 and love it..and about the size i have to admit..i was a bit concerned at first, but man it's a beauty..i wouldn't go back for a smaller screen..ever..i'm a very happy costumer..and everyone should be happy for what they have..
AnonD-217839, 24 Dec 2013In a country like india samy offerin note3 with crappy exynos with no lte n HTC max priced at ... moreI agree with your comment. Lumia 1520 is way better than those over priced droids.
EDIT: I got it for 42k which is much lesser than the launch price i.e. was over 46k I guess. So its still cheaper than note3 for me.