I just bought Lumia 1020... After few minutes of watching videos in video player I'm unable to open it..plzz help regarding this...
After going through some comments against windows platform you can make out their age... Probably child like.... The truth is always simple and never complicated.. My opinion is simple... If you fall in to the age group of 21 to 31 you will love android for its ability to change its screen appearance.. Too much of multi tasking, gaming , hovering over the screen and so on.... Where as people in the age group of 32 and above will be highly comfortable with windows(especially 8.1 ) with its precise and accurate capabilities of getting the job done attitude without much fan fare ... Other wise both platforms have not too much of differences left between them.. So choose android or windows according to your choice but opt for hand set in the mid range of 15000 to 25000 to really get the best out of any platforms.... Cheers buddies..
how to change message tone or e-mail tone in wp8.1, i could not find setting for the same in ringtone setting.
Update took 4 hours with Lumia 520. Remember to update both Cyan AND WP8.2 NOTE! Before updating: clean your phone memory, e.g. buy SD-card and move stuff there, this will make update faster.
Cyan+WP8.1 is much better than previous versions. Still some fairly important things needed:
1) Calendar alarm auto repeat (if I am not present or don't wake up).
2) Quick call from People list with just pressing e.g. phone icon.
3) Changing default search from Bing to Google.
4) How to read local txt- or html-files with some e-book-reader (remember book page, easy to read background etc)?
5) User profiles for meeting/quiet mode etc. I think Cortana offers something like this as "Quiet mode", but Cortana is not available here in Finland.
Tic, 26 Jul 2014I am frm India and updated my Lumia 625 with WP 8.1. I am unable to find CORTANA in my phone! ... moreBro u can use your Cortana by changing your country and install english(united State) and you can also use cortana and dnt forget to change your voice language also
xway, 25 Jun 2014windows phone review :
first of all i would like to admit that i have been fooled by micros... moreEverything u have said is very true bro. I had worst experience with lumia 920. Windows phone is the worst decision I took in my life. U missed one point bro.
Whatsapp all other chat apps will not receive chats properly if the app is minimized. I was very much frustruated. I lost a lot of money on that phone. Battery life is also worst.
Many of this may be fixed in recent updates. Any way this is my personal experience. I am not a fan boy of any os or brand. I just love technology. I am looking forward to jolla.
I am frm India and updated my Lumia 625 with WP 8.1. I am unable to find CORTANA in my phone! Help me to find it or how to enable it.
File Manager is available from MS itself and some 3rd party file managers are also providing very useful features. The list of missing apps provided in the last page is not a big deal foe me. Only 2 apps I care about are PowerAmp and Candy Crush. Rest are not much needed as far as I'm concerned. I'm from India and I can see all major local apps available on it including major banks' apps. Would love to look forward WP as my next phone when my nexus' battery will die one day :p
if we open any one or two apps and then press 'windows' key, we go to home screen. after that, if we press 'back' key only once (not holding 'back' key) what happens???? it will open the background apps like in windows phone 8????
Anonymous, 17 Jun 2014There are some things that this review forgot to mention : When you long press the back key... moreI think your comment is a Spam and Paid reviewer from a competitor of WP. I have used Windows Phone and Will buy one. Definitely you have never used a WP and your manipulated comment proves it!
xway, 25 Jun 2014windows phone review : first of all i would like to admit that i have been fooled by micros... morewell if you knew all that, why the hell did you bought it anyway? For me it works perfectly and battery lasts for 7 days. Guess what? i can browse, call and text to people(i dont need alien signal to be translated)..using all popular aps out there. Since it was build on nt kernel and do precashing first time only shitty linux and ios gets slow over time and yes..you just sold a solid piece of tech. Go to ugly android or even worse ios..with shitty kernel. All things you mentioned arnt worth to be said at all. Smartphone must be..1. Easy, 2. fast 3. low requirements 4. have a good battery. All else is unimportant..If you want to customize rather then use it for its purpose then my friend you dont need a cell at all. cheers.
windows phone review :
first of all i would like to admit that i have been fooled by microsoft marketing and paid-biased reviews leading me to the horrendous decision of buying a windows
i was looking for a smartphone and windows phones came across as a change. i went through a lot of reviews and feedbacks on the OS and it seemed that apart from a lack
of applications the OS is solid and stable, what a joke microsoft ? ... shame shame shame
how mistaken i was ...
how did ever this sort of crap got released in the first place. my faith in the world is badly shaken post this.
and i am not saying this without a deep analysis, read through and you will understand what i mean.
1. Receiving Calls - ha ha ha microsoft fooled you here ... seems you have to slide the screen up and then select yes or no. mind blowing innovation i must say. almost
all phones allow you to accept calls in a single click or swipe.
2. Volume control - this is awesome - if you turn your game volume off or low - your phone too becomes silent, what bulls**t is this, apparently microsoft thinks that
one volume setting is all you need in your entire life. and try finding volume using touch (without buttons) - no sire microsoft does not support it
note - i know this is being fixed in 8.1 but holy cow how can an OS release without this ?
3. file manager - microsoft assumes that there is no need of it - worst ever experience - nothing to browse - locate, forget all this - you will not even see files of
other types than what 4-5 types the OS supports
4. Screen utilization - great innovation again by microsoft - if you will buy a 5 inch phone - consider it to be 3 inches - :) - because top header - bottom footers
etc. will be consumed for no reason - the fonts and headers cannot be changed - the large naming fonsts 'system' 'photos' will consume your screen. even the tile
window will leave half inch above for no reason.
5. Buttons configuration - Buttons will live and die doing the same function till death - yes the volume rocker does not do anything else besides - you guessed it
right - rocking volume, it does not have any context functionality - same goes for any buttons that you may have on your phone
6. Brightness and other settings - Super Microsoft does it again - you can set only low, mid, high or auto - what if you want to set it to 65 or 32, no sir you cant do
7. On screent controls - you will never find slider controls or touch controls or volume and about anything else - pathetic i must say
8. Display options - no you cannot have skins, widgets - the phone will look the same as any other windows phone owner in the world - even the tile colors and the
background are hand tied - kudos to microsoft
8.1 i know many will say that part of the things are being fixed with 8.1, dont even bother. The above list are kind of must even before a system is released. Seems
the QA and Everybody and Microsoft have lost it completely.
I am not even talking about advanced features in mobiles these days like touchless operations, configurable buttons, highly customizable interface, 3D, finger
scanners, face recognition, gesture controls, air gestures, widi, usb otg, applications support, new tech, innovations etc.
The above were the base features which should have been part of a bare bones system.
Hell - i hate windows phone os and will never buy a microsoft product - system ever again.
There are some things that this review forgot to mention :
When you long press the back key to open the task switcher, You can swipe down the app screenshot in the center to close it. A little like the iOS way, but only swipe down.
The new music app now has a music scrubber, an alternative to the rewind and fast forward buttons.
However, the music app lost its live tile feature, but Microsoft promises to bring it back sometime soon.
Enjoy WP 8.1! :) It works so good in my Lumia 720.