Joao M, 25 Sep 2014Lumia 930 (and all WP8.1 with 5" and more screens) does not allow to show "less"... moreI like to have more tiles it's very handy........ but for people who dont like it it's not good indeed...... ms can only change it in futurre updates
Joao M, 30 Sep 2014Yeah, I agree! I'd love to have less tiles (less mess) in my Lumia 930 start screen.
Tiles ... moreI don't have many favorite apps but I do have my 930's home screen filled up with a lot tiles I do use often. If not, there is a black "gap" which doesn't nicely fit with the awesome background through the tiles... but I must say after I upgraded my 1020 to WP8.1 I also use more tiles on that phone since.
But I do understand some people like to have less tiles, and an option to have less tiles on a bigger device is not here... yet. SO lets hope MS will do something about it in the near future!
Aadrian, 30 Sep 2014Yes true, on devices with WP8.1 with a screen smaller than 5 inches you can choose between mor... moreYeah, I agree! I'd love to have less tiles (less mess) in my Lumia 930 start screen.
Tiles are like shortcuts to apps I use most. To fill the entire Lumia 930 screen I have almost to have a shortcut to every app I have (only almost :P)
Joao M, 25 Sep 2014Lumia 930 (and all WP8.1 with 5" and more screens) does not allow to show "less"... moreYes true, on devices with WP8.1 with a screen smaller than 5 inches you can choose between more tiles or less tiles. Maybe good if the Denim update enables such a setting for the 5 inchers and bigger as well.
Nokia is a class on it's own lumia devices I have had are all good and no issues at all hopefully the demin update will be available soon with more good features. If you want a good smartphone high end and a good price buy the 930 if you want a good smartphone for cheaper and still fast and smooth buy a 630 and everything in between like 730, 735, 830 will be good value for money. So there's a lumia for everybody for every price.
my lumia 930 battery last for more than 3 days.
plain texting only and few calls. wifi, blue-tooth, NFC, is off. that will do the trick to make it last longer. if play games on this phone, battery will drain easily. web browsing, will drain battery as well. so far, very good cellphone. camera is perfect.
Lumia 930 (and all WP8.1 with 5" and more screens) does not allow to show "less" tiles. It is always in "show more tiles" mode.
And the battery... Well, I don't have any problem with it. I prefer to have a phone that lasts 2 full days with a 46h review (like Lumia 930) than a phone that hardly lasts for one day and has a 50h review (SGS3 with jelly bean).
I sugest GSMArena to consider reviewing your review.
Please release such fon in Android tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hi Nokia
farzam, 07 Sep 2014It's Greate phoneAgree it's a great phone as Nokia's are usually simply great. This phone is better than other flagships and now I am also looking for the 830 I hope it will be just as great and good and solid as this phone.
My battery got better after a couple of charges and performs really well now.
Anonymous, 14 Sep 2014Pathetic battery = not interested. Agreed. End of explanation
I am a Lumia 920 user. Anyone moved from 920 to 930? Is the battery performance at least the same as 920? According to GSMArena, the 930 battery endurance is a bit better than 920.
Anonymous, 25 Aug 20141. Viber not working on windows phone (it works perfect on Android and ioS)
2. VOIP calls not... more1. Viber not working ... - Viber working smoothly. But I too feel echo which I didn't experienced in iOS.
2. VOIP - Viber also a VOIP service. So I guess echo is there.
3. No calling on BBM - It's a dieing plaftorm
4. Cann't send mp3 - it's app developer need to work on that. Already supporting, vedio, camera, pictures, etc.
5. ICQ - Never used it. And never come across any user who use it actively in my region
6. Cann't click pic in vedio - WP lacks here. Lets see they will fix this.
7. Facebook not same as other OS - True some features are missing. Again it's facebook who need to work on this.
1. Viber not working on windows phone (it works perfect on Android and ioS)
2. VOIP calls not working properly there is echo on other side and no option to change operator code (it works perfect on Android and ioS)
3. No calling option on BBM on windows phone
4. Cannot send mp3 through whatsapp
5. ICQ also not working, only rings other person cannot hear the ring and also using windows phone
6. Cannot click picture while video recording, which is possible in Android and ioS
7. Facebook app is not same as in Android and ios (not showing online contacts on windows)