I got my MI3 during July 29th flash sale! :) ..So this is almost 50days experience review:
YUP...its truly awesome phone!!! Even not considering the price point as a selling criteria, still it has right mix of great ingredients to make it a superb product! Me being a hardcore Nokia-fan, was missing having Android on it and was eagerly waiting to replace my N8, Mi3 came at just the right time.....and yes seriously lucky to be one of the few lucky, who proudly own this grt hardware!
1) Nokia design/build quality, iPhone's fluid UI and an Android at heart!!! What else you want??? :) And seriously trust me MIUI is one of its kind, it makes Mi3 really special. It has hell lot of features, daily you can explore one! Also daily u can make ur Mi3 look different.
2) Performance wise its much better than most high-end phone at 35k+. Compared with OneM8/iPhone5s/S4/S5/Note3, its on par with their performance! Games/Apps etc run perfectly without any lags. (My Mi3's AnTuTu score: 33192).
3) Camera is nice; HDR in Mi3 needs special mention here, pics in hdr looks really superb! (Cam is not as grt as Nokia's but much easily comparable with other brands);
4) Sound/Music quality is ok-ok types, but if you pair a very gud headphone then it will change the feel altogether.(Mi branded Piston2 in India is not having gud feedback from owners, so better buy other gud headphones in 1.5-2k range);
5) And finally Battery is excellent. Even with full-time 3G-on, every morning 30-40% battery will be left!
Only Con: More RAM usage by MIUI, when its less than 200mb, I saw even gallery app was lagging! But otherwise even at 300mb RAM left, everything is butter smooth! Hope the high usage of ram by Miui will be reduced in Miuiv6 update.
Try madi...Neighbors envy, owners pride! :P (*only if neighbors understand Miui and use Mi3 once*)
got my redmi first time on line purchse v v bad exprience phone soft wear prob after pressing power button it shows only mi only nothing elese even doing this prosess again and again sorry i feel v bad
How to delete any new folder created in memory.There is no option of moving the objects from one folder to other,even we can't delete created folder.
sarfraz, 24 Aug 2014Useless phone with non replaceable battery and without so card slotIt doesn't really matter as iPhone,too, does not have mem card slot and battery is user non-replaceable too. You may buy the 64gb model if 16g won't suffice.
Sachin, 20 Aug 2014It's tOooOOOOOO gooD. .,,,,...nd very CommeNtAbLe featuREs....... okkk
A dragon really much worth than ur expectation beyond Wt u can expect in for 14k
he i want to bye this mobile, is it good decision or what please replay me
I have it, it's an excellent phone. I play some games fifa 14, real raceing 3, asphalt shut 8, no leg ever face. Good camera quality, nice looking, It's worth to buying this phone in 14000 rupees, only thing I wish in this phone if there is memory card but they gave us pen drive option. I don't know about mi4 but if are looking for beauty with performance than mi3 could be your.
bharat, 18 Aug 2014Can we download apps from google play store in India in this phone. I am a bit confused by pre... moreHow to instal google play stor.
It is similar to sony l nd samsung android phones.
Why is there no mention of Nexus 5 anywhere? Neither in the tests nor in the Conclusion where you compare alternatives! There is again no mention of Nexus 5 when mentioning 1080p flagships of 2013. Why, again?
Me ordered Mi3 on 26 August. ...when I will get phone in my hand..actually am going to shift my home....on September 2...They are saying that before September 8
AnonD-293173, 15 Aug 2014..its truly awesome phone!!! Even not considering the price point as a selling criteria, still... moreHow true is that this RAM is going to be an issue ? Is it causing lags and hangs? Because I am not expecting this as it has 2 GB ram.
AnonD-246364, 21 Aug 2014For China yes. But for overseas market (in my at least, I am guessing same for others as well)... moreYes its true phones officially sold in China dont have google services installed but you could always take it to a shop and get it side loaded for a couple bucks including root and vpn.
The vpn is more important now because China before never blocked google play, they just didnt allow it to come installed on phones sold in China. Now, they actually block google play so you need to be on a vpn to get through to it.
Anonymous, 18 Aug 2014Google service?? as long as i know.. Google block all service for china phones. you cant insta... moreFor China yes. But for overseas market (in my at least, I am guessing same for others as well) Google play and other Google apps are automatically installed fresh out of the box.