Has unimpressive screen to body ratio (the Nexus 5 fits a 5-inch screen in this size of a body)
We would take a bigger battery than a thinner phone any day
No microSD slot
No user-replaceable battery
Curved corners make it more slippery and easier to drop than the iPhone 5S
No 32GB version, users forced to upgrade all the way to 64GB (which is cheaper this year, but a 32GB version should have been even cheaper or even standard)
Protruding camera lens makes the phone wobble if you don't have a case on
Camera is still merely 8MP four years in a row (granted, it's getting better with every new generation)
No 4K video and video sound is still mono
Lacks the optical image stabilization of the iPhone 6 Plus
No enhanced resistance to liquids or dust
Offers the same display pixel density fourth year in a row
NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay only
No FM radio
No Infrared port
No wireless charging
No stereo speakers
No USB Mass Storage mode, iTunes required for file transfers
Rather pricey without carrier subsidies
How come people still buying this sh*t with this never ending disadvantages list......
[deleted post]You don't know why the iPhone gets bashed?
Go back and have a look at the disadvantages manifesto on page 1!
Now that's a lot of main disadvantages..While the bend issues never gets old, personally I don't think the iPhone 6 is a worth upgrade from the 5s.
[deleted post]Before u say, think how that low screen resolution yr best gadget easily out driven. But yet not all test the I bend win. So is best out dated phone of last year.
It's not about performance... it's about real life usage! Why compare apple to oranges? I own both iOS and Android device, sure, but I'm bored with iOS.
I have 5s and 2 days ago I got 6plus . Guys believe me never ever change iPhone 5s to 6 plus.
PowerVR GX6650, 27 Sep 2014Power VR GX6450 has done great jobs...kick out both galaxy
Alpha and Z3C in graphic benchmar... moreso you are basically using it for mobile gaming? lol.
btw, when Adreno 420 kicks in, you are ready to go home.
Anonymous, 27 Sep 2014Can't believe I sheep still defend this phone with a list of disadvantages like that and the i... moreDont show your ignorance....
Iphone 6 is the "CLEAR" winner now.Dont you read the benchmark
score???or you being full retard person..
Power VR GX6450 has done great jobs...kick out both galaxy
Alpha and Z3C in graphic benchmark.
Its really unexpected Iphone 6(gx6450) has better frame/sec during GFXbench(OFF SCREEN TEST).
So for Alpha/Z3c fanboy.....your guy should accept the fact reality that Iphone 6 is faster in real life application.
Spec doesnt tell everything.High spec doesnt mean better or good.
Congratulation to whole APPLE enginnering team for good gob.
I personally trust GSMARENA reviews I have bought all my phones looking at the GSMARENA reviews this is the first time i have seen so many disadvantages it is true still Iphone is four years behind than the other phones so this phone is not worth for money Apple rather give all these phones for free I am going to stick to my galaxy s4 mini thanks GSMARENA for saving my money
Ok I've never owned an iPhone but I really feel GSMArena was looking for every excuse in the book to purposely extend the length of the disadvantages list.
1. In the Gionee s5.5 review's disadvantages GSMArena never suggested a bigger phone would have been better than a thinner phone, despite the s5.5 scoring an even lower battery endurance rating than the IP6.
2. Other phones, also like the Gionee s5.5 (again) have a protruding camera lens, but in the s5.5 review (again) they don't list that as a disadvantage.
3. Camera lacks OIS? A Lot of phones do, such as the S5 and Z3 but once again it's not a disadvantage in those reviews.
4. No Wireless charging? Again, a lot of phones don't have wireless charging yet it's not listed in their review disadvantages list.
5. No 32GB version users are forced to upgrade to 64GB? You mean just like the Mi4, right? Ohh look, that's not a disadvantage in the Mi4's review.
6. Unimpressive screen to body ratio? Sure does, and so do other phones such as the Z3 but this isn't listed as a disadvantage in its review.
7. Offers same pixel density fourth year in a row now? True but this is just GSMArena really digging deep to find disadvantages. Fact is, the screen size and resolution have increased over the last four years.
8. Curved corners make it more slippery? Now you're just nit-picking.
Hey GSMArena you forgot to say the size of the home button hasn't changed in 7 years.
AnonD-63308, 27 Sep 2014Wow what a list of disadvantages. Bravo.Please read the review, you won't think about disadvantages. Apple nailed it agaain, destroyed Android competition with ease
Imagine Apple's A8 running on Android Kitkat with QHD screen? What would be the score on Antutu? between 15k-20k? Hahahaha.
I want to see the Benchmark of A8 processor running Android 4.4.4 and compare it to Snapdragon 805.
Just imagine faces at Qualcomm and Samsung after Apple A8 chip results?
And worst thing is that Apple can double this advantage easily if they use quad core and 2 GB RAM, haha
that protruding camera, it bothers a lot, against aesthetical and principal value of Apple, shit, its very annoying, i am going to cut that protruding camera with knife once i have one
AnonD-281018, 27 Sep 2014That sleek look, mmm
Metal + glass, build quality off the charts
Best, THE BEST processo... moreIf most sales = best then McDonalds make the best burgers in the world.... not great logic is it.
Aside from the poor build quality and limited os there are a lot of missing hardware features. The iPhone is a good device for someone wanting a basic phone but it is a long way behind the top phones from Nokia, HTC, Samsung, Sony etc.