dev, 02 Oct 2014I would like to add some actual user experience:
- the camera is better than decent and on ... moreJust to add on:
- Performance-wise, if you ignore the fact that it has an octa-core processor, it's actually amazing for its price , especially its multitasking performance.
- Shutter speed is a little slow, when snapping at full resolution
- Timer for the camera is only available for the front camera, even then it's stuck at 3 secs
- The latest update brings Data Saver, powered by Opera Max, which helps to minimise data usage
I having doubt on the battery test, it should not be that low endurance. The battery at least last 2 times better than galaxy grand.
I have a Redmi Note, there is few thing i don't like about it.
1) Camera of 13MP is not better than any Samsung 8MP...
2) Front Camera 5MP is not better than Lenovo S series 5MP....
3) try to capture panorama in office area, it can't differentiate between wall with white paint color. Thats mean it will stop half way and continue when detect the next object.
4) Internal of 8GB only user available for 5GB and the apps cannot move to SD card.
What version in your benchmark? Mine confirm better screen a lot than 1s and they is no color profile or color setting to set.
Eewww, this phone has nothing that sounds appealing. From its mediocre processor to its low ppi. They can do better than this
Wait for the Redmi Note 4g IMO. It gets a Qualcomm processor and a better 3rd party apps support compared with this. If you won't mind missing the dual-sim features.
No Antutu benchmark!!!
Plz do that also.
And its pretty poor battery performance as it has quite big battery.
i don see the color temperature setting...the screen is yellowish n i found nowhere to fix it
I would like to add some actual user experience:
- the camera is better than decent and on par with other 12-13 mpx units
- battery life: I get 7 hours of screen-on easily or 3 days with average use
- display resolution is fine, this is not pentile
- audio quality is not audiophile standards, no phone is, but its not that bad
As an added bonus MIUI comes with pretty regular updates and bug fixes, weekly for flagship devices and once or twice a month for others. I don't think this was mentioned enough in any of the reviews but is big thing.