No waiting time for this review? Even if this phone still not available in store? Need long time for you to review my Xperia Z1 Compact year ago. :D
Steve, 14 Mar 2015The S6 display is more energy efficient then the 1080p galaxy s5's per displaymate, 20% more e... moreSame tech display jumps from 1080p to 2k and gets to be 20% more energy efficient?!?
Are you serious?
Problem is displaymate is in financial love with samsung, and there are people guilable enough to believe such an illogical statement...
A few comments:
- Why does this review not discuss how the camera performs in low light? That's one of the biggest weaknesses of Android cameras.
- I'm going to wait before I make any conclusions about the loudspeaker volume and battery life. Given all the hype about the improved speaker from Samsung and other reviewers, I'm just not sure why the loudspeaker didn't test louder. And as others have mentioned, battery life may improve with updates.
- The only time I've needed to remove the battery on my S3 was because it froze. I assume there's an alternate method for doing a hard restart on the S6.
- I have 32Gb total on my S3 (16Gb internal and 16Gb on card), and I have plenty leftover. My phone needs to have all my music, but it doesn't need to have all my photos, and it definitely doesn't need to have all my videos.
- Another thing about storage. Having everything on one drive is actually a convenience--you don't have to make decisions about where to store something or remember which drive something is on. And the cloud sure makes it easy to transfer things between devices.
- My primary disappointment with the S6 is that it seems to have traded off too much function for form. Gorilla Glass or not, I'm not optimistic that a glass sandwich will survive a head-on collision with concrete as well as a plastic-backed phone.
- Also, if the phone were just a tad thicker, it could have had a bigger battery. I'm fine with the non-replaceable aspect, but also lowering the capacity just wasn't necessary (more efficient components or not).
- Despite claims of reduced bloat, this phone doesn't appear to be even in the same ballpark as pure Android.
- The quick charging sounds very convenient, but I'm concerned that doing this often would degrade the battery and shorten its overall lifespan. I'm used to getting (barely) 2 years out of a battery. Will I now only get 1.5 years?
spurs2014, 14 Mar 2015Be neutral if you are a die hard iphone fan.Let me explain. Im an android fan, though not diecore...and believe sammy is not doing any favours to it...
Most iphone users that decide to go android unfortunately go samsung, because it is everywhere and anywhere...and get dissapointed
Much more than by some other brands...
Speran49, 14 Mar 2015Yes, I suppose that explains the state of the economy and the basic welfare state we live in n... moreYup. Of course there are still people with some common sense on their shoulders too. Thanks for being one.
It's tired with the Note 4 for best display. It's the most color accurate or saturated based on your preference. It's nearly the least reflective in sunlight and can be turned down to 2 nits in dark settings. Better angles. Lesser power consuming. And beautifully sharp.
And overall way ahead of all other flagship's.
But all everyone here can say bad things about Amoled still.
Touchwiz was never that bad to begin with. And a few years back all UIs were not as efficient. With less features sense used to be a bigger memory hog.
Here we are now and the Note 4 was one of the fastest devices. And they further improved it and trimmed it back while refining it to please everyone. Even Gsm said how silky it is.
And all everyone can do is day bad things about Touchwiz.
Even though there was nothing wrong with their designs before and poly carbonate has many advantages in durability, heart dissipation, scratches, shattering, and replacing compared to glass and aluminum which are both no less cheap recyclable materials.... everyone complained and complained.
So they redo the whole thing. Use 50%stronger aluminum frame and Gorilla Glass 4 back and front. It's one of the strongest and high quality builds around. And the colors look very nice.
And all everyone can say is bad things about it still and call it an iPhone copy when obviously the iPhone looks like a galaxy with HTC back.
It's obviously a pre production device. Look how soon the review came out. If you paid attention to any other device or all the parts going in it you would know it will have better battery life. And they would not say the speaker is 50% louder and then make it quieter.
In fact many people have seen video comparisons showing how much louder it is.
And the Note 4, Alpha, and A7 prove there is something wrong with this.
But of course bash bash bash is all everyone does.
Irelia, 14 Mar 2015The PPI race is the cancer that is killing battery life.The S6 display is more energy efficient then the 1080p galaxy s5's per displaymate, 20% more efficent. You are wrong.
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2015Many reasons I guess. Boredom, kicks, bias, jealousy, blindness. And this makes up majority ... moreYes, I suppose that explains the state of the economy and the basic welfare state we live in now. Really disappointing. Well, at least it seems there are still some good people on here with a head on their shoulders. Appreciate the feedback. Thank you.
Samsung Galaxy S6 has no adjectives, there's no word in our vocabulary to describe that MACHINE!
Speran49, 14 Mar 2015Why do they troll? What is the point? I don't post much so I am having trouble understanding w... moreMany reasons I guess. Boredom, kicks, bias, jealousy, blindness.
And this makes up majority of the internet. People just want something to complain about. And so sadly not restricted to the internet. This is the world we live in sadly
[deleted post]Why do they troll? What is the point? I don't post much so I am having trouble understanding why people would waste their time. I have plenty of better things to do then sit on here, but I felt like posting for once and following...
Mico5 is a troll. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over. GSM can you please block him? Or disable his account from posting to this thread? He is inhibiting useful conversations.
Also, to once and for all address the complaints of removable batter,no micro sd, and battery life. Go look at the iphone 6. The galaxy s5 had all the things you people are complaining about and it FLOPPED. Samsung is a business and needs to make money. The Iphone 6 (with its lack of sd card, non removable battery at 1810 mah, low res display, and super thin non waterproff design) had a RECORD QUARTER. It sold 70 mil + more than double that of any iphone before. That was because of design. Apple has proven that MOST consumers don't care about specs. They go into a store and say does it feel nice? Is it shiny and light? Does it have facebook? Unfortunately the majority of consumers are not that smart........ Samsung is targeting them because they need the money. I think they hit it out of the part and the fact that preorders are double what they were for the s5 already. I'd say I am right and these complaints are pointless. People need to stop having such selfish egocentric views and look at the whole picture. Learn patience and learn to stop being so damn selfish. All I see on here is me, me, me. I'm not happy cause of this, I want that. Mico5, go design your own phone if you're so unhappy. I'd love to see how well you do.
Mico05, 14 Mar 2015I hope LG will give a solution to my current problem then my s5 will be replaced by G4 i p... moreExactly. To hell with the sleek & premium blabla fashion. If you wanna be premium get yourself a shiny new tuxedo!
Is there any chance the speaker volume test and battery life test will be redone with a S6 that has release firmware instead of pre release firmware? I really get the idea that this review is made in a hurry to be the first website to review the S6.
I saw a video from mwc in which they shown the speaker volume of the S6 was much louder than that from the S5, also I think the battery life is low because of pre release firmware.
I just hope you guys meassure the S6 again after release and than update this review because it really seems to me as if it's made in a hurry.
aod, 14 Mar 2015You have not used the phone. From first hand experience I can say it's battery life is actuall... morePeople here are full of pretension. Are you a site staff? Tell me where did you buy your S6 knowing the fact it is not yet available on the market. Just in order to post arguments..