With my first month of using it I have to say for a mid range phone it definitely does pretty well. To my needs at least. Decent battery life. Decent camera. The front camera does okay. Memory might be a problem but there's always an SD card slot to remedy that. No complaints from me thus far. This phone is also getting Marshmallow soon. If you want a better performing phone then what are you guys doing here? Go check out the One Plus phones then. I picked Sony because I prefer the interface over oxygen. This is a mid range device so do keep in mind.
Which one is best....? M4 Aqua or M4 Aqua Dual? Or Samsung J7? Plz help me to buy a best Phone.....
Tofael Ahmmad, 23 Sep 2015Can anyone tell me which the best between SAMSUNG Galaxy J7 and SONY Xperia M4 Acuqa?Sony m4 aqua dual is best
Which is better????,sony m4 aqua or meizu m1 note...please help me..
OK after reading all these negative comments on the m4 I decided to go ahead and buy one to see for myself. I went from iPhone 4,5,5s to xiaomi 3 to z2 to honor 6 to z3 and now this. No way can I go back to Apple now. Android is just way too much fun. OK so on to the phone, mine is the 16gb version and I bought it for 216 bucks. I've been downloading and updating all the apps to how I like it while playing with the other functions just to see how it compares to the more powerful z2 and z3. It's about the same size as the z3 but feels much lighter. In three hours of hard use the battery dropped 45% which I think is very reasonable and I really didn't experience the heating issue that plagued the other users here. It got warm but my z2 gets way hotter if I was doing the same thing. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe this is from a new batch that has been fixed. It's running the latest update. Yes it's not as smooth as the z2 or 3 but it's a third of the asking price. I'm very happy with this purchase but I think I'll stick with the z3 since it's way snappier and I prefer the haptic feedback (the m4 is more like the z2 in this regard). Just thought I put this positive feedback out there to let people know not all the m4 out there are horrible. Plus the shop reassured me if it does get hot then I can get a full refund within two weeks no questions asked.
Gowtham, 28 Sep 2015Sony m4 any probelamNo brolem. M4 good phone mid range. Price 18000 good. Phone no hanging. broblem
bharat mahour, 09 Aug 2015pls. tall me about this phone
Is it OTG Supported or Not.....Before updating sony o.s. it is supporting. But after update is will not.
After update a it will not connect to MAC OS computer also.
So please don't buy. Better to go for another.
Can anyone tell me which the best between SAMSUNG Galaxy J7 and SONY Xperia M4 Acuqa?
uniqezor, 18 Aug 2015Got it for 2 weeks this is my key findings: - Battery doesn't last 81h (its around 65h) on ... morecool review, can u tell me how long it takes charging with charge in box when u bought m4? z ultra took more than 3hours. lenovo p70 only took less 2.5hours (10-100) to fill 4000MAh bat. thanks
Anonymous, 12 Sep 2015My wife bought this phone for herself a while ago. Her old phone had a bad battery life, didn'... moreplease ask her to update your phone in latest android 5.1 heating issue will be resolved
Great phone from sony
+you get a flagship looking phone, look good by just holding it
+processor speed and ready for everything you throw at it
-camera shoot to shoot time is slow
-takes time to focus on a near subject
-camera quality is OK
-8GB model is a no no
My wife bought this phone for herself a while ago. Her old phone had a bad battery life, didn't even make it through a normal day without extra charging. This phone has much better battery life even without any saving mode on, it easily lasts for more than a day of active usage. She said it's also pretty fast and WiFi also works better than on her old Huawei did.
The problems are with excessive heating while heavy usage (listening to music + browsing the web + social media nonsense (like FB) going on the same time). The phone got REALLY hot when she asked to touch it if it's normal behavior for a phone. The back (near the camera if I recall correctly as this was a few weeks ago) side was almost burning hot. Camera takes blurred photos and are uncomfortable to view on a big screen. Other than that, it seems to be a good phone as she said. I personally doesn't like how it looks or felt on my hand (sharp edges), but it's not my phone - whatever.
I bought this one on July 29, 2015, I noticed the the phone becomes very very hot in the back even no extra apps are running. only thing I noticed at that moment there is no phone network available. even I reboot the phone and closed the apps for a few times. do you guys have the same problem?
Sony xperia m4 aqua is okay.
-may heat while use mobile data with rams consuming.
-USB charge really slow. Speaker is too not noise but listening sound with headphones too fantastic.
-Screen is very satisfy to perform with sunbright. Very lighten hold and water proof body.
Please unlock this !
I'm trying to buy this phone how is it? any problems with this devise?
uniqezor, 18 Aug 2015Got it for 2 weeks this is my key findings:
- Battery doesn't last 81h (its around 65h) on ... moreForgot to add the following:
- Overheating issues (when gaming with wifi or data on), almost untouchable, gets hot near the camera area & on all the front screen
- Lacks root & unlocked bootloader (i wasn't a lucky one!)
- Xperia UI looks & feels nice but stock Android feel is better (using "M Launcher")
- The storage problem: From 8GB you only have 1.4GB avaliable, since the system has a whopping 4GB
- Ram usage: Out of 2GB you have around 400 to 800MB avaliable for usage (my previous Wiko Rainbow had 1GB with 300 to 650MB)
- Sony could had more "cool" stuff like "knock-to-wake" & some other stuff to make it more easy to use
Got it for 2 weeks this is my key findings:
- Battery doesn't last 81h (its around 65h) on moderate-to-hardcore usage
- Awesome underwater experience
- Really feels premium, the build quality is really awesome (i've tried the flagships Samsung S6, iPhone 6+, LG G4 & previously Samsung S5)
- The screen is quite sharp if you have a lower or other mid-range but the brightness is disappointing (my ex-Wiko Rainbow had 2x more brightness)
- Feels nice to use 4G, the "speed bump" from a regular 3G smartphone
- The camera is better then said by GSMarena
- The later OTA update (current version .2.99) makes the smartphone a slower but more stable (Antutu scores lowered from 30-33k to 26-28k)
- Gaming isn't a issue (Mediatek vs Qualcomm ftw), all games run nice (untill now)
- The touch isn't quite responsive as other smartphones i've tried, like Moto G or E (2nd & 1st Gen), Wiko Rainbow, Huawei P8 lite or Alcatel Pop C7
- Sound is awesome with phones but speakers are really low, unipressive with 3 speakers (2 high on front panel and 1 low on the bottom)
- Mic quality is Average/Good but the noise cancelation is really good
- Front Facing is better then most of mid-range i've tried
- The screen is quite sharp, the GSMarena standards are too high since ~62% of the Android market has low-to-mid-end smartphones
- It takes ages to charge with stock USB charger, however, quick-charge works like a charm and its 2-3x faster to charge
- Sony stock phones are quite good
- Sony's enhanced audio is also quite good, the bass gets louder but balanced
Its works perfectly fine..and i started to like this phone..actually im buying this phone in a first place jist bcoz i dont have enough money to buy iphone..haha..but after using it for few months now..i think its amazing..btw im from malaysia..and i dont have those many problem that u guys talking about..it bcame hot somtimes but its ok i think..its a great phone for those who have small budget like me..hehehe
sunil goel, 05 Aug 2015dont buy aqua m4 at any cost. useless, frustrating phone, i just on its anti theft protection ... moreIm facing the same issue.. The anti theft doesnt recognized the google credentials that i provided during the registration process. What would be the right thing to do? Im planning to bring the handset to sony service center.