Dodo, 15 Oct 2015Actually, people did get it wrong.Generally, after short exposure, people often go for the mor... more"Actually, people did get it wrong." No, No, No and just No. This test wasn't about which phone has a better camera, but about which phone we think has a better camera, notice the think part, hence these are all opinions and opinions are never wrong. (Besides, according to Dx0mark S6 has a better camera)
Is true Samsung is the best in camera:
AnonD-437562, 15 Oct 2015Yeah that's "got it wrong" according to GSMArena's thoughts. Opinion may have nothing to do he... moreActually, people did get it wrong.Generally, after short exposure, people often go for the more contrasty, lighter (over-processed) image, like the dusk shot here. Similarly with #7, where Samsung blasts out bright details - look at the clearly visible squares on the side of the building in the iPhone shot, while Samsung presents a uniformly blasted out surface.
The flash test was where the iPhone was noticeably inferior, which surprised me, too.
But overall, while close, I think the iPhone's camera is better balanced.
You should really start doing audio analysis when you do video recording assessments. I, and I'm sure other readers, would like to know how things sound, especially in concert environments. Tell us how it records things (stereo at whatever bit rate) and how it deals with certain environments.
suprising results, far smaller sensor iPhone is better at low light.
AnonD-416078, 15 Oct 2015"Even though people got it wrong with the sunsent scene (No.4)." Nope, they didn't. Blind te... moreYeah that's "got it wrong" according to GSMArena's thoughts. Opinion may have nothing to do here. I'm comparing it to their pov, not actually saying opinions don't matter.
AnonD-437562, 15 Oct 2015Wow. All my votes were in-line with GSMArena's thoughts. Even though people got it wrong with ... more"Even though people got it wrong with the sunsent scene (No.4)."
Nope, they didn't. Blind tests are all about "opinions", you know which one you think is better, and opinions are never wrong, so the Samsung one was better according to people's opinions. :D
Wow. All my votes were in-line with GSMArena's thoughts. Even though people got it wrong with the sunsent scene (No.4). That one iPhone's clearly better.
Overall, the better results were given by:
1) A 2)B 3)A 4)B 5) B 6) A 7)A.
That's 4 Points to Samsung and 3 Points to Apple.
Winner: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.
I don't get why in Picture #5, more votes were for the one that was darker? I mean objectively, the image is brighter and the darker regions look less noisy, so the first image looks better.
Samsung: 5 Win
Apple: 2 Win
CLEAR Winner: Samsung who manufacture A9 processor for Apple.
The bottom line is never spend too much on a phone with less features. It's really dumb when you buy something you think is the best just because of the brand, not knowing and keeping your self blind on something that is "better" than what you know the "best".
AnonD-362866, 15 Oct 2015If people buy a smartphone purely for it's camera, and only the camera... Then something is ve... moreI think camera is the most or at least one of the most important things in a smartphone quite universally. That doesnt mean other things are not in the equasion,but to me also it has probably around 80% of importance, with moat of the remaining 20% going to battery life. That said, I dont have a Lumia 1020. There are other unlikely ways to break a phone that makes it not viable.
AnonD-424234, 15 Oct 2015apple always win !!Except that they didn't in this case.
"Android/iOS bias"? How? It was a blind test!
I think the S6 did a little better in the night shot. There were more details captured, even if it was a little too bright (which is not a bad thing since perception in the dark varies significantly from person to person and saying which one looks closer to reality is not possible).
AnonD-190634, 15 Oct 2015They're basically the same, expect a few differences in some! so camera wouldn't change my dec... moreIf people buy a smartphone purely for it's camera, and only the camera... Then something is very wrong.