Z5's camera result though, so much for a number one spot on DxOMark.
The sales will give the final verdict.
when was samsung software is decent ?
and how does samsung music player better than iTune/Music app ? even android default player is better than it
i would consider what the people said (as the blind test result) rather than what this article said, the most sample means the most accurate result, and the blind test prove it,
going to have the gold z5p in november.
hmm...if Sony Xperia Z5 had less than 1000:1 contrast, then why does it produce such beautiful colors in the blind camera test?
Lol, gsmarena did say that popularity is not the same as quality, so Sony is the quality phone and the way of the phone.
look at the difference in Field of View. Z5 capture a lot more than the others. it means more info to capture and to process. make a comparison with a similar in field of view!! make a fair comparison gsmarena!!!
Hey GSMarena! in my all life I've never seen anyone including my self to consider Panorama or even HDR as a deal breaker or a key feature! Having a dedicated fingerprint sensor comparison would have made a lot more sense since that's one feature we use every time we touch the phone! A dedicated Slow-mo comparison also attracts more interest than dedicated HDR or Panorama verdicts! who cares about panorama seriously!
I do agree with GSMArena that in terms of practicality, Z5 takes the cake. Tried the Z5 in stores, really like it. Tried the 6S as well. But it's still boring. Currently happy with my S6 though. May switch to Sony when my mobile contract reaches, IF they still exists by then that is.
If this is dubbed a Monster Brawl, what a fight between Z5 Premium, S6 Edge Plus, iPhone 6S Plus will be called??
Too bad Samsung and Apple do not bother to produce a true mini / compact flagship. Hence Sony easily conquers the segment with Z5C, and Z3C too for that matter.
Like always, iPhone is the clear winner.
Xperia z5 is the most practical smart phone for daily usage. Moreover, endorsed by dxomark for the best mobile photo and video scores to date....
Getting xperia z5 PREMIUM chrome / reflective mirror at the back and Case Mate naked tough case for my wife... a handy mirror for her daily usage.
Thx for your comparison..Sony.
Eh, personally i'd say go for LG G4 if you want the best phone out there right now.
S6 comes close and Sony is ok, but that Sony skin is a bit irritating imo.
Iphone 6s is ok, if you don't mind having a boring device that can't do much, it will make a good gift for your granny or something...
Z5 should have been improvement in display...but it got even worse.
The camera module is awesome...but poor algorithms make it bad.
Single version with 128 gigs, 4 gigs RAM, and DUAL SIM. would have been great,
Battery should have been improved with at least 3000 mah (Z3 has 3100 mah with same thickness) and also with display and software.(S6 has QHD display with very small battery and still scored same as Z5...DISAPPOINTING !!!
GORILLA GLASS 4 should have been used ....instead of their chemically tempered glass
Reduced bezzels ......common SONY!!!!
EXYNOS OCTA 7420 instead of SD 810..
The display comparison can't be considered accurate. Phones from different batches may come with displays with different colour temperature, etc.
What ever i think the compariation should
Be with samsung galaxy NOTE 5;as the beast will conquor all:::IF U WANT TO BUY A FLAGSHIP PHONE THEN GO FOR NOTE5................nothing beyond it
Whatever the review is, Z5 is the winner for me. Love Sony!!!
AnonD-442781, 23 Oct 2015I've never had burn-in before, but I think it only happens if your phone is on full brightness... moreThe burn happens when there is a statistic photo or better yet when some pixels work much more than other other nearby pixels which will lead to more apparent degrade than other nearby pixels and that is what they call burned pixels.
In Amoled each pixel has its own light while on LCD the light is for all pixels is one and when it degrade with time it won't be apparent except if you put two identical phones next to each other .
That is why for TV screen where 5 years is normal usage then the LCD is much better option , but in smartphones where 2 years is the normal usage, Amoled won't be such a problem.
It was a good comparison IMO.
And for people who are saying that GSMArena have been biased :
1) Sony did win on the hardware (otherwise if GSMArena was biased they would call the design old and the waterproof is not a + because Sony removed in their warrenties submerging the phone in water)
2) Screen was based on numbers that they have tested so it is not an opinion
3) Connectivity makes sense that it is a tie with Samsung (IR or FM)
4) Battery : GSMArena can't calculate the Stamina nor the black and white mode of Samsung (I mean if they would say that you can use Stamina then they may also have to calculate how dark skins benefit Samsung and that is near impossible) but mentioning it won't hurt.
5) Storage and Price, they didn't make a winner but they praised Sony better than others
6)Software Sony do have less features than others but it is a plus for some people as GSMArena said : "This allows for quicker software updates for the Xperia Z5, but it's behind on attention-grabbing features."
7)Performance : SD 810 is good but we know how Qualcumm didn't make the best with it.
8) MultiMedia & Loud Speaker: Sony did win both but failed on Audio Quality, again this is because of measurements not a biased on any opinion .
9) Daylight photos ,they where on tie with Samsung and that depends on how people love the softer or sharper image ,though in blind comparison Sony wins
10) HDR and Panorama in no way Sony is winning it ,even the resolution is much lower on Panorama.
11) Low light, here they said their opinion (one Sony is best and one Sony is last) and if someone think different then they should mention why and how Sony is better here .