Eh, personally i'd say go for LG G4 if you want the best phone out there right now.
S6 comes close and Sony is ok, but that Sony skin is a bit irritating imo.
Iphone 6s is ok, if you don't mind having a boring device that can't do much, it will make a good gift for your granny or something...
Z5 should have been improvement in display...but it got even worse.
The camera module is awesome...but poor algorithms make it bad.
Single version with 128 gigs, 4 gigs RAM, and DUAL SIM. would have been great,
Battery should have been improved with at least 3000 mah (Z3 has 3100 mah with same thickness) and also with display and software.(S6 has QHD display with very small battery and still scored same as Z5...DISAPPOINTING !!!
GORILLA GLASS 4 should have been used ....instead of their chemically tempered glass
Reduced bezzels ......common SONY!!!!
EXYNOS OCTA 7420 instead of SD 810..
The display comparison can't be considered accurate. Phones from different batches may come with displays with different colour temperature, etc.
What ever i think the compariation should
Be with samsung galaxy NOTE 5;as the beast will conquor all:::IF U WANT TO BUY A FLAGSHIP PHONE THEN GO FOR NOTE5................nothing beyond it
Grey1213, 23 Oct 2015I've never had burn-in before, but I think it only happens if your phone is on full brightness... moreThe burn happens when there is a statistic photo or better yet when some pixels work much more than other other nearby pixels which will lead to more apparent degrade than other nearby pixels and that is what they call burned pixels.
In Amoled each pixel has its own light while on LCD the light is for all pixels is one and when it degrade with time it won't be apparent except if you put two identical phones next to each other .
That is why for TV screen where 5 years is normal usage then the LCD is much better option , but in smartphones where 2 years is the normal usage, Amoled won't be such a problem.
It was a good comparison IMO.
And for people who are saying that GSMArena have been biased :
1) Sony did win on the hardware (otherwise if GSMArena was biased they would call the design old and the waterproof is not a + because Sony removed in their warrenties submerging the phone in water)
2) Screen was based on numbers that they have tested so it is not an opinion
3) Connectivity makes sense that it is a tie with Samsung (IR or FM)
4) Battery : GSMArena can't calculate the Stamina nor the black and white mode of Samsung (I mean if they would say that you can use Stamina then they may also have to calculate how dark skins benefit Samsung and that is near impossible) but mentioning it won't hurt.
5) Storage and Price, they didn't make a winner but they praised Sony better than others
6)Software Sony do have less features than others but it is a plus for some people as GSMArena said : "This allows for quicker software updates for the Xperia Z5, but it's behind on attention-grabbing features."
7)Performance : SD 810 is good but we know how Qualcumm didn't make the best with it.
8) MultiMedia & Loud Speaker: Sony did win both but failed on Audio Quality, again this is because of measurements not a biased on any opinion .
9) Daylight photos ,they where on tie with Samsung and that depends on how people love the softer or sharper image ,though in blind comparison Sony wins
10) HDR and Panorama in no way Sony is winning it ,even the resolution is much lower on Panorama.
11) Low light, here they said their opinion (one Sony is best and one Sony is last) and if someone think different then they should mention why and how Sony is better here .
Good Joke!! Sony is last? Dxomark scores Sony is best camera smart phone device and last night at Gsmarena poll Sony wins with almost every category!!.. So what you trying to mean with it GSMARENA.. Reviewers are Sammy and Iphones i guess.. i tried all 3 phones and i bet Sony is best among all 3!..
My honest review:
Day light - You can't mess with Sony, next is Sammy and last is Iphone!!!!
Low light - Iphone, Sony and last is Sammy!!!!
Day light - Sony, Apple and Sammy!!!!
Low light - Apple, Sammy and Sony!!!!
But anyway if you want true hard core professional cam phone then guys go for Honor 6 Plus or LG G4!!!
the tech nerd, 23 Oct 2015Exactly what I thought, pretty smart of gsmWith all my respect, how did you know that Sony had more votes than Samsung or Apple ?
The comparison was a blind one where they didn't write the name of the phones .
Overall: galaxy s6>xperia z5>=iPhone 6s.
The only issue with the s6 is that the camera lens is soo easy to scratch.
This time around Apple was clearly better. They have to create such a phone since the iPhone 4 days. It enrages me that it is nor taken notice by the "fair and balanced" people. It's only left to be praised by the usual Apple financed media (making it seem worse than it actually is). This iPhone is truly the best for years to come (3d touch, more ergonomic, much more quality alloy than last time and of course the best mobile processor of 2015).
So sad to get relegated to the level of that overheating PoS, Xperia Z5...
Sony has always had best overall quality, feature balance and styling, least production mess ups and has always been underrated.
That's just an interesting fact.
max power, 23 Oct 2015On paper the Z5's camera trashes the other ones, but in real life situations it doesn't handle... moreI've never had burn-in before, but I think it only happens if your phone is on full brightness all the time. I like to keep mine low since I'm staring at it a lot and don't wanna damage my eyes.
Of course your well within your rights to have full brightness so its a valid concern I guess.
[deleted post]Me too
Last time I check gsmarena.com there was article about camera where SONY win the article but here they said SONY camera is last between this phones. :|
What about quality of phone call, reception and security. The rest is just marginal. We do make phone calls you know, and most of us dont spend all day on facebook or playing games. Security is most important, and in that regard Android is way behind the game and is dangerous for any Government or secure business.
Z5 for me, after they update the camera software as they promised it a clear winner imo.