Not sure why 2 days is bad battery life.
Do I read something wrong? I am missing something everybody else does different?
It's years since I had a phone that can last over a day.
Sony advertises their Z5 line as having the ADVANTAGE of "2 day battery life".
My oldie Note N7000, not on its THIRD battery since purchase, lasts about HALF a day on a charge. With a custom ROM and almost no third party apps. That said, this battery is dead cheap Chinese one, which I purchased at a very low price on eBay as a pair and had an external battery charger as well (so I use one, charge the other). But my first two batteries where original Samsung and they BOTH managed to inflate! (so I risked explosion etc.) Before blaming my chargers, let me tell you I charge other devices on them, including my Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet LTE, without issues.
So again... I don't get why 2 days is bad battery life for a smartphone. Compared to what? Sony Ericsson S25? Or my Caterpillar feature-phone, that lasts over ten days (but is just a 2G waterproof device that can only do calls and SMS - and I keep as a backup with my second SIM).
(btw getting an XL)
AnonD-232545, 03 Dec 20150) It has fast charging - my 950 gets to 100 % in an hour, 50 % in 30 minutes. So...battery li... moreIndeed I think they didn't mention fast charging or the wireless charging ability.
Snapchat is available? RU sure?
AnonD-391800, 03 Dec 2015A super camera....
Rest is subpar....
What A shame.You can't read?
Erm... if you can read this, I guess you can.
So did you read like the last page or something? Or just the title?
AnonD-391800, 03 Dec 2015A super camera.... Rest is subpar.... What A shame.did you read the review. if yes read it again.
The latest Excel in Android still lacks ActiveX (so you can't open spreadsheets with Macro; come on Microsoft it is year 2015 and we still use our grandma's Excel without Macro function). If this is the same as well, than it is useless! It can't do the same as your PC edition MS Office. It can't perform a PC function. If you can't open any Excel spreadsheet with your ultra powerful smartphone, than WTH are we talking about Antutu etc. scores? I open any ACAD file with my smartphone with ACAD360 free of charge. So, smartphone processor power limitations are gone long ago. We need software limitations to be avoided. In short; WE NEED FULLY PERFORMING MS OFFICE APPLICATIONS. PERIOD.
Can this phone ring and vibrate in the same time or is it like all other older lumias what could only vibrate once then ring
abc, 03 Dec 2015how do you watch youtube? last time i heard, google apps were not available for windows phone. Actually the youtube experience is great, there are great 3rd party apps which have the same fonctions as youtube red (without a paying subscription) : no adds, offline viewing etc.
abc, 03 Dec 2015how do you watch youtube? last time i heard, google apps were not available for windows phone. really ha ha
why you need google apps to watch youtube ??
tubecast is atleast 6 times better
i hate the youtube app on my z5 is horrible and it has ads cant watch 4k either
google apps are the worst im very happy i dont have any on my 930
Anonymous, 03 Dec 2015Battery life is bellow average, but im glad it is removable, that mean i don't have to wait ... morehow do you watch youtube? last time i heard, google apps were not available for windows phone.
I think only XL has liquid cooling - for 810. 808 is not getting that hot.
good job Microsoft.they shoulda went with 1080p.but since you got fast charing and etc. is not a big deal.
good camera+continuum is good for me.
Battery life is bellow average,
but im glad it is removable,
that mean i don't have to wait for 2 hours (maybe)
If i have battery kit (can swap it less than 1 minute and continue watch youtube)
Problem solved.... end of story.
0) It has fast charging - my 950 gets to 100 % in an hour, 50 % in 30 minutes. So...battery life depends on how you use your phone. Mine goes to around 24 hours.
1) The 950 does have liquid cooling. Check the assembly videos and Microsoft confirmation.
2) Have one from the 26th of November - it also came in with bundled headphones.
3) Plastic back does not look cheap...But if you scratch it, it costs less than a back cover for your iPhone to replace with an identical original one.
4) Want premium look? Order a cover from MOZO - full hand made leather back, all functionality still in place - still cheaper than replacing your back cover when scratched for any other flagship.
5) App gap is not a problem if you are not using any apps. What I mean to say is that before you think about app gaps, think about what apps you are actually using and what apps you actually need. Instagram is here, FB is here, Whatsapp is here, Skype, Viber, Snapchat, Telegram etc. Also have torrent clients :). Main problem is with games ..which are a bit slow to show up on the MS Store.
6) Price..not high. From G4, S6, Iphone 6S, HTC M9 - they all came out similar and higher prices. Keep in mind that it also has support for external memory cards, hence when you compare to a Galaxy S6, don't compare it to the 32 GB version only.
Lovely phone, but the bad battery is a deal braker for me. But i changed my mind about the camera, it is truly amazing.
Really, really dissapointing battery life. I really wanted this phone (and aprt from attery life it looks great), but I just cant buy phone with such a terrible battery life. 3000mAH looked promising but in reality is so dissapointing. Guess there is no point looking for miracles in 950XL. :(
The 5.5" LG G4 is a great match for the Lumia 950 - it has a Quad HD screen, it runs on Snapdragon 810 ...............
Please correct to Snapdragon 808
why cripple the desktop? for 70 euro you can have tablet running full windows, so it is just mean to offer less for much more $$$. why require docking station? you could fit 5 full PCs in that form factor these days!
very bad battery life for 5.2 inch with 3000 mAh battery.. even G4 has better rating with bigger screen..