RB, 19 Feb 2016lenovo k4 would b bestdon't buy letv 1s , it only looking good , otherwise nothing is good in phone
saqib, 18 Feb 2016hi guys I am confused to buy lenovo k4 note or le1s which one I should try lenovo k4 would b best
i have letv 1s , i have facing some problem , win i select 3g mode in network , but it is changing automatic to 2g mode , and changing to auto 3g to 2 g , plaice help me
hi guys I am confused to buy lenovo k4 note or le1s which one I should try
#ab, 17 Feb 2016Lil confusd betwn le 1s n lenovo vibe k4 which one should i buy need help..Even i was, i preferred to go with new brand coz of its specs.
I bought this LE 1s on Flipkart in the Flash sale with some bare minimum expectations. I am facing serious issues of
Heating (Terribly hot),
Poor camera(Low grade quality photos) and
Pathetic battery life.
I have asked for a return of this phone. Do not know how successful i will be. Procedure is very cumbersome in Flipkart.
If not taken back, i will burn this phone off..................Hope LEtv is listening.
Moreover today flipkart called me and are threatening me that the phone is Ok and I do not know how to operate it. Really flipkart sucks.....After 16 years of using mobile phones I had to listen this from flipkart. Really it is disastrous.
MORAL: Do not buy any phone from first timers. They are not dependable.
Anonymous, 14 Feb 2016real user here. gsmarena might be lying this time. this phone performance for gaming is really... moreYour phn might be having some problem coz i m also having this phone and its a monster in gaming..!
Lil confusd betwn le 1s n lenovo vibe k4 which one should i buy need help..
any one using the phone please reply the problems & functionality. as i saw in other sites the cam quality is not good, battery is drying fast & getting hot
Can anyone find when will letv le 1s receive OTA enabling VoLTE.
this is a "hands-on" review of a phone from producer not in a list of m.phone brands in gsmarena!
please - add it soon!
For the phone - I have it for a month and it is flawless ...
not to mention the feeling of a premium product in my hands ...
I love it!
hhmm everything is cool except the camera probably software enhanced back camera of 8mp to 13mp and front 5 to 8mp.. but its fine at 11k giving tough competition to some of the 20k ranger phones.
Have being using this phone for around 5 days. Smooth interface. UI take little time to understand.leeco guys are quick to reply. Had my clock app freeze. Send feedback. They replied in a days with solution. Battery around one day with 4g, YouTube, browsing etc. Overall value for money.
Few words about Letv 1s which I own for more than a month. Some things I've mentioned before in one of the previous posts.
- Build quality is very good. The aluminium is simply made in a very nice way. Perfectly finished. The caps for antenna bands are sticking very well. Just bear in mind that the "gold" color is actually "rose gold", not real gold. You cannot see this from the pictures unless compared to some other phone in a gold variant. Some complain about the sharp edges around the screen which I didn't encounter on my unit. Now I'm having a glass screen protector which is raised a bit, so it doesn't feel sharp at all. First 3 weeks I kept it in the sillicon case and the last days I removed it. There is no scratch on it at all, so if handled carefully, the back won't scratch easily.
- The microphone is good, loudspeaker only on the right side (so only one) and it's very loud. Comparing to my wife's Z2, it is extremely loud. The earphone is of good quality, sometimes I have to reduce the volume not to disturb my ear.
- Camera for me is good enough. I'm not having high expectations and mostly I adjust settings manually if I don't like the shot in auto. Some guys have taken some really nice pictures with it. Personally I think every camera is good and bad. I remember last year the Note 4 was declared like the king of cameras but a friend of mine has it and we came out "blueish" in a photo he took with the rear cam auto mode. Camera interface is just like iPhone's but with additional settings. Overall it guesses the condition pretty good. On my unit the front facing is 5mpx, but I own Letv X500, not x507 as sold in India.
- Battery is enough for it. Maybe some of you may think that 3000mAh is not enough to pass the day, but I can guarantee that you can do it with little bit over 4h screen on time (50% brightness almost all the time, WiFi/data on). With the original charger it heats up a little until charging to about 95%. I tried another chargers from Sony which I have home (750mA and 1500mA) and it does not heat up at all. So I'll stick to charging with fast charger only when I really need to, just to preserve the battery as I intend to keep this device between 1 and 2 years.
- USB Type-C is not so widespread now, but it will be. I like how the usb connection that goes to the charger/ laptop can be reversed and enters either way, nice thing done by Letv which I think it's unique for now.
- The UI is nice. Yes it has some things to be removed (I'm talking about the chinese version), but there are modders on xda that turn out the rom quite nice. Roms can be flashed easily either with TWRP or Flashtool (from computer). Leaving flashing aside, the UI looks nice, it's different than Sony's that I used for some time and I like it. If you don't like the stock launcher, Nova is a great alternative which I was using, but now I switched to the stock one. The task menu is iPhone lookalike but it's pretty nice for me. It has everything that you need in one place. No need to find calendar, just press menu button and calendar is up; torch, calculator, remote control, camera, bluetooth, data, wifi, all is there. It's pretty convenient and you'll get used to in no time. I like the dialer a lot and call log, it actually shows how many rings you have when you missed the call, let's say if the caller just made one short "beep", it will show "1 ring", if he was calling like crazy, it will show "11-12-... rings". Also when engaged in a conversation it's displayed if it's HD call or not. There are many things to find, small things that matter if you care.
- Updates as I said before are delivered weekly and monthly. Weekly updates are released as Experimental (E). Monthly updates Stable (S) are updates with improvements and bug fixes. Rumors say that it will get 6.0 in April, so we'll have to wait and see. The thing is that once you have rooted your device, the OTA update will not work anymore, so you'll have to install the new update manually. What is good to know is that someone is working to fix bugs and improve this device on a weekly basis, not that I'm eager to update my phone every day, but it's good to see that it's not left aside. All Letv phones are having this E and S updates, so they seem pretty good in this respect. Better to have 5.0 but working than to have MM with plenty of bugs due to the rush of things. And by the way, it's Andorid 5.0.2, not Android 5.1 as stated by GSMArena.
*For a better review check s7yler on youtube and you'll find plenty of phones reviewed by this guy and he's doing a pretty good job.
And to be honest, I'll put some minuses/disadvantages that I found while using the device for others to see. I believe that if you'll get used to or live with these, the phone will be good for you.
- One dead pixel on the bottom right side of the screen that appeared in day one of usage, visible on black background. Simply you'll notice it when turning on the phone and on white backgrounds only if you know it's there.
- Fast charger needs an adapter (I got the chinese version which is US type). Even for the indian market I still think it needs adapter to go into the socket.
- The color was advertised as "Gold", not "rose gold" which is a little bit pink, actually more pink than gold. Now silver is available as well, but not from launch.
- No adapter USB-C in the package and mine still did not arrive from CN after more than 2 months.
- Quite slippery if not used in a silicon case.
- Screen is not as tough (reported by some users). It cracks easily when dropped. I've dropped mine from about 70cm on the carpet but nothing happened (silicon case attached and under the carped was wooden flooring).
- LED is not displaying different colors for different notifications, same notification color you get for everything (calls, messages, whatsapp, viber, e-mail, etc).
- Once rooted, no more OTA, and this means that you have to do backups, flash manually and then restore them. Takes some time + some things get lost during this process.
- Not so widespread yet and unkown in the industry. It takes time to explain to average Joe that this is not a chinese copycat bla bla bla. Most of the people think it's an iPhone 6/6s Plus in the beginning.
- No SD card, although 32gb is not that less, but an SD card would have been one of the biggest pluses on this phone. Actually no Letv phone has SD card support, so I'm not surprised.
- Quite a lot of iPhone similarities: task menu, no SD support, LeCloud (iCloud) - only for chinese folks, camera is almost identical, no app drawer, etc. It's good that they didn't copy all the BS from iPhone, at least camera has manual settings, task menu is customizable (data switch included :)) ), no SD but they have USBOTG.
Finally don't forget that it's a sub 200$ phone which has some of the best specs (for it's price) and least minuses from the bunch out there. No phone is perfect and it needs to be clearly understood: 200$ is 200$. I'm still loving the phone a lot and passing from 4.3" to 5.5" was a big jump, sometimes the phone doesn't fit in my pocket easily, but in my hands it's perfect (I'm 1.90m tall, so I have rather large hands).
From these statements above I'm not trying to convince anybody to buy it or not, simply I put out my experience with it for others to know if it will suit them or not. Hope I helped in some way :D
chuzyben, 15 Feb 2016Honor 5x in rebrandedYou are funny.
Letv 1s is mutch better like Honor 5x