Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016Why are most of the comparisons with the S7 edge when the G5 should be compared to the S7 sinc... moreSame reason people don't include the cost of all the modular features of the g5 when talking about how good (read: useless) it is I guess.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016the latest samsung device s6/7/note5 its just not fit for me, they cut every good features on... moreThe only two things missing now are ir blaster and removable battery.
Every thing else has improved
Why are most of the comparisons with the S7 edge when the G5 should be compared to the S7 since they are closer in price? The S7 edge costs well over $100+ more than the G5. I'm guessing because the 2 phones dimensions are around the same size?
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016Samsung has been making profit on android for many years now, LG not soo much so where did you... morethe latest samsung device s6/7/note5 its just not fit for me, they cut every good features on note4 and am not buying a phone because of its brand
Battery life: 60hrs.
Me: S7 edge has 90+ hrs!
Deel with it [your sales], LG. And don't forget S7 and the S7e have more features to offer.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016To be honest, al lot of my friends have Samsung phones, yes the newer Galaxy phones have way l... moreBurn in can happen but is not common.
Lcd can have dead pixels, light bleed, dead back light, and so forth.
Any screen can have issues.
mortuus, 27 Mar 2016S7 has already won award for the best display in a smartphone ever, and those that claim burn ... moreTo be honest, al lot of my friends have Samsung phones, yes the newer Galaxy phones have way less burn ins, but every Samsung phone can get burn in.
Deal with it, even mine S5 has burn in after 1,5 year...
AnonD-234961, 26 Mar 2016Battery life on my S7 Edge (I have the Exynos) is more than double compared the G2, but of cou... moreSo u admit that battery life of s7 edge is better than g2 caise iam suffering with my iphone 6s here and i want to buy edge provided it has battery at least like my past g2
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016For most people, the LG G5 would be the better choice. The minority of people care about the t... moreOh yes. People wouldn't prefer something objectively better across the board in most every day aspects?
Display, battery, processing, camera, storage, audio, features, customizing, security, and having watery resistance to boot?
S7 has already won award for the best display in a smartphone ever, and those that claim burn in issues what are u smoking? ive never heard of such problems this is just the usual crap from LG fanboys.. g5 vs s7 is like day and night difference nothing in the g5 is better then on the s7 lol..
AnonD-519474, 27 Mar 2016You wrote:
"As it turned out the LG G5 manages better the always-on feature than the Galaxy S... moreNot only that but samsung aod is way brighter than LGs, so its only logical that it consums more power.
I have the S7E with AOD on, it takes 3% over 9hrs overnight
"As it turned out the LG G5 manages better the always-on feature than the Galaxy S7 duo and managed to beat the Galaxy S7. Note that the G5 always-on screen goes dark if you put it in your pocket, which will add additional hours to the final rating. In our tests the always-on screen was, well, always on, so you can compare the results to the Galaxy S7."
The S7 phones let you turn off the AOD when the phone is in your pocket. That you don't know this makes me question how good the rest of your review is, too.
Whoaaa, this one looks promising it beat S7 every categories even it got beaten by S7 it only lose several number. please duel with S7.. i really want to see the result of their duel.
QHD is the culprit but thank LG for allowing G5 to sport a removable battery compartment. They should carry out an optimization or a fix quick
Absolutely loved the G3, only let down by mediocre battery, same thing with the G4 and G5. I don't care about removable batteries. I'd much rather have one that lasts up to 2 days like it does on my current phone, the Meizu Pro 5 - 48 hours between charges and only $425 US dollars in January, less now. Check out GSMArena's battery life page.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2016It's a reply also for Grey1213.
There are too many Samsung fanboys here who can't admit tha... moreLOL.
SAmoled is better. Its also the most accurate, and the most efficient.Its obvious nobody can have a reasonable discussion with you if you refuse to accept that.
AnonD-455364, 27 Mar 2016just your username makes me stop from discussing something on Samsung with you :) but, yea i... moreAggressive ram management doesn't mean its not optimised. And I think they fixed that for the s6 anyway.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2016Talk about a bunch of losers on here arguing about phones. They're just phones people. You rea... moreFor most people, the LG G5 would be the better choice. The minority of people care about the trivial advantages of S7 like water resistance. Most people use their phones without the need for water resistance. However, don't forget the power of marketing, where Samsung is the top. Marketing can persuade most people about anything. And Samsung fanboys act like Apples. They keep ingoring or diminishing the facts, the disadvantages of their beloved S7, they think it's better than everything despite it's just a marketing hype. And if Samsung goes on another way, the fanboy will also change their mind accordingly what Samsung want them to believe.
Unlike them, I have written the objective facts. I admitted the advantages of S7 and the flaws of G5 and the reverse, I have even reasoned it and drew the conclusion. Something that Samsung fanboys are not capable of.
Tom-Helge, 26 Mar 2016I see a lot of LG fans here that can't seem to realize that the Galaxy S7 / S7 edge simply hav... moreIt's a reply also for Grey1213.
There are too many Samsung fanboys here who can't admit that LG G5 has a lot of advantages over S7.
1. IPS LCD is the best display. The advantages of LCD outweigh the advantages of Amoled. The advantages of AMLOED are trivial compared to the advantages of LCD. Amoled screens have many problems. For example: non-RGB subpixels, burn-in issues (this is the biggest problem), mura effect, limited lifespan, oversaturated colors, colors and brightness is going to degrade by time, ...
AMOLED screens are the worst in the industry. The AMOLED screen and non-removable battery are the biggest disadvantages of Samsung phones. However, Samusng is strong at marketing and brainwashing people like you (Samsung is like Apple), so they can convince people that the worse is better.
2. When it's about design, it's quite obvious that the LG G5's design is way better than Galaxy S7. Metal is more durable than glass. It's shame for you arguing with a subjective article.
3. Who cares about water resistance? Very few people make use of water resistance. Most peple don't care about it. It's just a marketing hype (like AMOLED, and everything about S7).
5. The difference between S7 and G5's camera is trivial, in favor of S7. But last year, the difference between S6 and G4 camera was more prominent, G4 is better. But it doesn't matter, because Samsung and LG are still ahead of the competition in term of camera.
6. And of course, the battery design of S7/S7 Edge is horrible. It's non-removalbe, which meany S7 / S7 Edge are just disposable phones with limited lifespan. They are going to become a paperweight, junk after a few years of usage. It's because the batteries have limited lifespan and they won't hold a charge. But in G5, you can replace the old batter, and continue to use the phone. Moreover, you can replace the battery to a higher capacity one to get much longer battery life than any S7 owner can dream about.
7. Now start and run a CPU/GPU intensive game like a PSP emulation. The Snapdragon wipes the floor with Exynos. And compare S7 to G5.