So massive lack of features and now not even having 3.5mm jack , average camera performance that even barely can beat some midrange android phones , fugly design , fake sapphire lens and it even overheats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cLQhlnIEcg . my conclusion is that iPhone 7 is overpriced junk , but sheep will say that is just my hate towards Crapple ...
Mkdc, 12 Oct 2016I carry nexus and iphone, and I can hardly find anything nee can do while the other can't do. ... more- File manager (no iTunes) to move files into folders by simple drag and drop.
- QuickPic can have your videos and photos be viewed in ONE app. Not two.
- iTunes can't recognize AVI and MKV. Need a program to convert it to MP4 and VLC Player isn't available by default in iTunes.
- Choice of custom launchers to make the homescreen the way you want and adding app icons pack and gestures shortcuts.
- TubeMate, Flud, uTorrent, and whatever video downloaders and torrent apps. Go on YIFY and download as much as you want.
- Moon+ Reader Pro is awesome. Can read many different ebook formats and also open up PDF for magazines.
- MX Player can play the audio of a video while screen is off.
- Mobo Player has a mini-video player. Something found on iPads but NOT on iPhone Plus models.
- Sideload apps. Google apk and download it. You don't need to open Play Store to get apps.
- Some Android devices do have expandable storage and removable battery (ie LG).
- One-click root like Kingroot while Apple doesn't have one-click jailbreak and it gets ruined after you update the software.
- Ability to see screen on time usage under Settings or Du Battery Saver while iOS counts listening to audio as usage.
- Du Battery Saver has a notification sound when phone is charged.
- Bluetooth data transfer or ShareIt is much easier between Android to Android.
- More universal standards and cross-platform apps than proprietary ones from Apple that keeps you stuck with them.
- Ability to turn off animations under Developer Options to eliminate the illusion of smoothness. We didn't have fancy transition animation during Nokia's heyday.. Eats up RAM anyway.
- Ability to make certain apps on Android as your default.
- SwiftKey is the greatest keyboard of all-time. The iOS version is terrible. Their default doesn't match the speed of SwiftKey or its predictability.
- There are a ton of settings, maintenance, and customization apps that you won't find on boring iOS.
Definitely picking this phone up since Samsung isn't very reliable nowadays.
Please post camera samples of yellow building and OMV petrol station taken from sidewalk. I need these for comparison purposes.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2016so according to the review, telephoto lens basically is a gimmick.Yes you can see here that Nexus 5X with some interpolation shows more detail than iPhone 7 shots. iPhone 7+ tele lens is plain pathetic with nanoscopic sensor just to take advantage of the sensor crop ratio.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2016you dont know what are you talking about , the exact same thing happens on your pc , wen you a... moreNonsense, you run Cinebench or WPrime or Linpack or other intensive apps and you will see all cores allocated 100%. Not with these junk mobile apps/benchmark.
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2016can't do half of the things that android does. better to wait for the S8I carry nexus and iphone, and I can hardly find anything nee can do while the other can't do. Can you give me some important features that android has over ios?
Was waiting for a long time for this, so that I can show my andoroid friends who's the boss when it comes to processor, thank you Gsm arena
can't do half of the things that android does.
better to wait for the S8
J o m s, 12 Oct 2016"The other two are more power-efficient cores and require only 20% of the power needed for the... moreyou dont know what are you talking about , the exact same thing happens on your pc , wen you are playing high end games the game cant distrubute everything trough the cores evenly and it ends up being like this , first core near 100 % , secound core 75 % 6 next cores 35% or much less , the only thing that improves this is the new vulcan api and dx12 wich allow a bit better core distribution , we have support for vulcan on android nougat but wont see any games or apps using it soon .
SERIOUSLY??if you are not an ifan for that kind of price better to buy SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM CHROME! it is THREE times cheaper,looks more cooler,and not far behind in tech!)
J o m s, 12 Oct 2016"The other two are more power-efficient cores and require only 20% of the power needed for the... moreI think Apple specifcally mentioned that big and little cores don't run at the same time but if you work at Apple and know better then let us know.
Where can one find the 5v/2A charger for 7 plus? The most annoying of all the things I suffer is the charging time of 7 plus...as one just cannot afford to leave it too long as it's so so good...
Its taking ages to charge..
"The other two are more power-efficient cores and require only 20% of the power needed for the high-performance cores. Those are not available to anything but the OS itself. No benchmark or game can use those; in fact, the benchmarks can't detect them at all - they show the CPU as dual-core. So, as far as the processing performance is concerned - all benchmarks use the two high-performance A10 cores ticking at 2.34GHz."
That's because benchmark applications such as Geekbench, Basemark and Antutu are badly implemented and doesn't take full advantage of all cores. So you can safely say SD821 score came from 2 cores as well. Because if they (cores) all work together during benchmark, Exynos 8890 or Kirin 950 will easily reach 10K on Geekbench for e.g
I ran a test on my Nexus 5X and Geekbench was merely (less than 25%) using 3rd to 6th cores. Just the 1st at 100% and 2nd at less than 75%. And FWIW, big.Little SoC of Android phones are actually little.Big meaning slowest cores came first then performance cores so these benchmarks on Android phones are using the slowest core during single-thread test. Geekbench hardly uses performance cores of the Android SoC due to its pathetic multicore test.