AnonD-625515, 28 Mar 2017After a lot of research I found these are the 10 differences between Redmi Note 4 (MTK) and Re... moreyou're right, except that neither of them supports fast charging (even though S625 does support it)
Let's try to clarify the Note 4/4X situation:
- India gets a Note 4 SD625 variant but the supported bands are useless anywhere else.
- Hong Kong and Taiwan get the Note 4X SD625 variant with the usual chinese bands plus B20
- Malaysia and Singapore get the Note 4 SD625 , lets call it Global/International version, which has the following bands B1, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B20, B38, B40 and is quite useful in Europe.
In conclusion if you want B20 get a Note 4X from HK/Taiwan or a Note 4(SD625) from Singapore/Malaysia.
Impressive battery performance. I've been waiting for GSMA to review the RN4 Snapdragon edition to make up my mind about buying this phone. I got a Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon 650). Like the RN4 design more than RN3 (especially speakers at the bottom) and battery life. Don't think it's worth to upgrade my RN3 to RN4. No major changes. Performance is pretty good but the SD 625 can't beat the SD 650. Overall a nice package. For me, I'll skip it. Waiting for Redmi Note 5 with Snapdragon 660.
AnonD-656735, 28 Mar 2017i had a question. An option between One Plus 3T and Redmi Note 4. is One Plus 3T preferable wi... moreTotally. I had the same dilemma in January and went for 3T. You will nevwr get wrong with oneplus. Miui is heavy and too animated. Build quality on 3T is world apart and long term software support us welcome too.
i had a question. An option between One Plus 3T and Redmi Note 4. is One Plus 3T preferable with the difference of 16,000. Are those extra features worth it ???? i know all the specs of both the phones. just wanted opinion.
After a lot of research I found these are the 10 differences between Redmi Note 4 (MTK) and Redmi Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X:
1. Note 4 (MediaTek) has MediaTek Helio X20 (MT6797) CPU with Arm Mali-T880 780MHz GPU - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 with Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU
2. Note 4 offers 4 colors: Gold, Gray, Silver, Black - Note 4X offers 5 colors Black, Gold, Pink, Silver, Turquoise
3. Note 4 has all metal body - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has mix between metal and plastic (plastic are downside where micro USB is and upperside where 3.5mm connector and IR port are; i.e above and bellow antenna lines)
4. Note 4 has dual band Wi-Fi 802.11ac conectivity - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X does NOT have dual band Wi-Fi 802.11ac conectivity
5. Note 4 has weight of 175 g - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has weight 165 g
6. Note 4 has screws on micro usb side and can easily be opened - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has no screws on micro USB side and I didn't find anywhere how to open it.
7. Note 4 has IR port in the middle of upper side - Note 4X has IR port on side of the upper side (this means Note 4 cover will not match with Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X)
8. Note 4 has compass - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has NO compass
9. Note 4 has Samsung S5K3L8 camera sensor - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X has Sony IMX258 camera sensor
10. Note 4 does NOT support fast charging - Note 4 (SD) / Note 4X does support fast charging
Please correct me if I'm wrong
"MIUI 8.0 is built on Android 6.0 Lollipop and runs fast; theming and options for notification area, app switcher, etc. make it easy to find the look you want." - So, is it on top of Lollipop, or Marshmallow?
Jab, 28 Mar 2017The article should mention, that the snapdragon 625 comes with different LTE bands. Namely B20... moreThere are three different versions of RN4, only one of them support with B20.
RN3 international/special edition (kate) supports more LTE bands than the RN4 international version even if both support B20.
For Australia, New Zeeland, Taiwan, South America and North America RN3 (kate) is the better choice because of B28 and B2 (in addition to B4 supported by both).
zodiacfml, 28 Mar 2017the SoC is fine, probably even better than the X20. It is just that the battery is so large i... moreThe mediatek x20 is a flagship grade processor which I'll choose any day against the midrange SD625.. The battery life isn't all that much considering the x20 has a powerful a72. Stop looking down at mediatek processor.
the SoC is fine, probably even better than the X20. It is just that the battery is so large in this phone that battery life difference to the X20 is not too large. In a slimmer or smaller capacity battery, the SD625 will prove its massive efficiency.
Aslipundit, 28 Mar 2017Just wanted to add; The black colour variant is sexy as hell. I wish they had it for the X20 ... moreThere is a black version with X20, it came before the S625 one. Anyway, four A72 cores is of no more use than two A72 cores in practical performance, it just drains battery.
BTW, what modem issues is he talking about in the review? I didn't have any problems with my RN3 phones (kate and kenzo models).
AnonD-632176, 28 Mar 2017Why dondon't u add moymoto g5 lus as a option of redmi note 4 !Because the moto g5 plus is new to the market which only launched 10 days ago and has not been reviewed yet.
I think redmi note 3 with sd650 still better, its offer good balance in performance, battery life, & camera. Not mention also price dropping right now.
How can battery test for Redmi 4 Prime are worse than Redmi Note 4 (625) ?
The article should mention, that the snapdragon 625 comes with different LTE bands. Namely B20 is super important in Europe. The Helio X20 version did not offer us full LTE. When you moved out of a city, you were on 3G or even 2G. You can buy both versions in Europe. But I will strongly suggest you take this new one to get the more out of your smartphone.
And btw the article should really mention, that both versions come with different LTE bands. It's very important for a potential customer.
Just wanted to add; The black colour variant is sexy as hell. I wish they had it for the X20 powered versions.
The gpu will ABSOLUTELY make a difference in real life, especially for gaming and graphics heavy applications. Try playing Real Racing on the highest settings on both settings and notice the clear difference yourself. The Adreno 506 is adequate for 1080p gaming, but will struggle with the latest games at high settings. The 510 in the Note 3 Pro on the other hand will play most games ok at the highest settings, as will the similarly capable Mali in the Mediatek powered Note 4.
What the article doesnt tell you is the fact that its not just the two missing A72 cores & a stronger gpu in the X20 that makes it quite superior to the SD 625. The X20 has dual channel DD3 memory (933 mhz) which gives it 60% more bandwidth than the SD 625 which has only single channel memory. Bandwidth is precious in Mobile SOCs due to a single memory bus which is shared by the different components & impacts 3d performance. For comparison, the SD 650 also has dual channel memory at the same frequency as teh X20. Even the SD 800 from 2013-14 has more bandwidth than the SD 625.
The one and ONLY advantage for the 625 is better battery longevity, thats about it. If all you do on your phone is light browsing, face book and media consumption, by all means go for the 625 Note 4 as it will last you longer and you wont really notice the difference.
But if you do any processor & gpu intensive tasks on your phone, you are much better off with the X20, 650/652 or the older 810 & 808 (heating issues not considered).