VersaSHIT OnDaPlor, 21 May 2017In response to each numbers:
1. Yes you need the speakers to be loud, but not crazily loud, a... moreSuper AMOLED is best you say? But Samsung displays aren't? Yet Super AMOLED is Samsung's own property, exclusive to them!
What a Sherlock!
These phones are all pretty much in the same league so, for me, it comes down to personal preference. I like the look of the LG G6 the best so I would pick that one. None of them has better than average battery life, however, and are all way too expensive. For that reason, I would choose a Xiaomi flagship like the Mi6 over any of these 3 phones. Most Xiaomi phones give 2 days of battery life, my top criterion.
I will always go with Sony and if given a choice will go with LG but never a Sammy phone trust me I don need a something that makes me feel am a suicide bomber...
Premium Built - Buy SONY
Sharp Screen - Buy SAMSUNG
Brilliant Smartphone - buy LG (Knock your phone can turn off / turn on no need press hardware key)
Camera - SONY - Higher Resolution able capture more details (daylight only)
- LG - Wide Angle Camera able capture some scene in better look and other devices unable do it
- SAMSUNG - Better Noise Reduction, you will notice that especially if you zoom in on low light picture
ithehappy, 21 May 2017I don't care about either phones but your points to defend the Sony is extremely childish, tho... more"a loud mono speaker is more acceptable than a quiet stereo speaker."
--Should I even have to explain it? You paid a flagship price for the phone, and I really hope you're happy with a loud but not-so-good sounding speaker, probably not worth of quality for a flagship. I'd rather have it loud enough to wake me up in the morning but with beautiful quality than to scare the shift out of me with annoyingly too loud and distorted sound.
"Needless to say using a tripod or manual mode for a mobile phone is the most convenient, and I'll leave it at that."
--Coming from you. Okay.
"Pointless really, Sony never had a display which can be remotely compared with Samsung, be it in terms of colour accuracy or anything."
--If you talk the display in general (TVs and smartphones), then you must've forgot to do your research and quality analysis. Don't you tell me that Samsung's QLED TV is better than Sony's Bravia OLED, because it isn't even comparable to LG OLED, which in itself loses to Sony in picture quality. And Samsung must really be thankful to be the only OEM making OLED screens for smartphones, because once Sony gets their hands on JDI's AMOLED, I'll not be surprised to see your face as a Samsung fan to have some water droplets from your eyelids.
"your points to defend the Sony is extremely childish, though there can't be any mature points anyway."
--You know why? Because Sony has always been the most underestimated brand by the majority, as if they never did anything good. You're bashing Sony when they made a waterproof smartphone, that it's unnecessary for smartphones, but then you instantly fell in love when Samsung did it and even had the courage to call it "innovation." Makes sense and matured now?
"There is not a single thing except the stock-ish android which is better on the Sony. So people just need to save time trying to defend it."
--Defend from what? From Samsung's very bloated software with 2 Phone apps, 2 Music Players, 2 App Stores, 2 Assistants, etc.?
Your choice, but there's no reason to defend a storage-eating bloats either.
Anonymous, 21 May 20171 speakers need to be loud you see there's some weird thing called calls which people actually... moreIn response to each numbers:
1. Yes you need the speakers to be loud, but not crazily loud, and never must sacrifice quality just to achieve it. You see, the XZ Premium's speaker is loud enough to wake you up in the morning, or tell you when there's something in your mail, but at the same time, does these things in a very pleasant sound way, and won't scare you with the insanely loud speaker that sounds unacceptable for a flagship.
2. It's a known fact that any LCD is inferior to OLED, but Samsung's OLED isn't as nice as it looks like, nor is the best version of OLED. Right now, Super AMOLED is the best for smartphones, but only Sony has the access to the best OLED technologies from JDI - Sony pioneered this technology, too, so they also know how to make it even better, and they're soon to move to this technology as well, and will stop when their CLEDIS, the very best screen technology today, is finally available for smartphones. And it's not just the technology that matters, but also is how the software utilizes the screen technology, just like how a camera will only be good with great hardware and software. In that case, Sony does it the best. It's really so easy to achieve a perfect DeltaE for OLEDs, but look how Samsung funnily can't achieve a perfect 0 DeltaE.
3. For social media, pixel peeping is a thing of nothing, so long as my photo is usable and doesn't need the tiniest details, then XZ Premium will surely do the job, and even budget phones will.
4. I don't know what you mean by "I know you don't have answers to these points so like usual fans you'll ignore it so good going and have a nice day. " How about a Web Search for it? LMAO just kidding. But seriously, Idk what you're talking about right there. Care to explain? Thanks.
Okay, I really don't care if your first phone is an Xperia Sola, but then, OK.
AnonD-660490, 21 May 2017no.. not at all... sony only won 1, and 3 of the tests were tie, but still s8 got more prefere... morePreference doesn't make a phone anything bad.
I can say that I love LG's display, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Samsung and Sony's displays are bad at anything, but there's just with LG that I love it the most. (just an example)
The camera is one of the key buying points of the phones.
Xperia Xz Premium won Low light, on a tripod and Video quality - daylight(based on gmarena result).
with HDR Details on the XZP is slightly better than S8 ang G6 Colours are very good on the XZP, maybe because of the higher pixel count.
overall sony camera is the best amongst those two.
AnonD-69139, 21 May 2017-When it comes to deisgn its just personal choice and i would go with xz premium specially chr... moreThe S8 display offers both options for natural and saturated colors. Its "Basic" screen mode has the most accurate color reproduction of all consumer electronic displays including TVs.
All of them are great. It's just that the S8 is on another level.
AnonD-69139, 21 May 2017-When it comes to deisgn its just personal choice and i would go with xz premium specially chr... moreStop kidding. Sony is the worst. If lg had snap 835 it would be better than crappy xperia so stop telling your preferences. We don't care!!
well i bought G6 for its distinct feature (UWA lens) which is incomparable to the other two because it is absent. Maybe you'd find something different in specific category that is to your liking ... It's basically all preferences.
I wouldn't buy S8 even if it won all category, as I see curved edge is a deal breaker for me. Nor do I need 960 fps and 4K display on XZP. I'd prefer taking wide angle image for landscape rather recording slow mo videos. Looking for a phone that suits me best is all. Maybe if people stop pushing their opinion towards others, discussion would get better
Tann Hauser, 21 May 2017XZ Basemark OS2 score topped in the rev with 4127, here it is 3178. That is a serious diffe... moreExactly, i was watching recombo live, i asked him to download antutu on the xz premium and run the test, he tried many times to install it but it didn't because the 835 doesn't support this app yet
After many a days, found such an exhaustive review. The genuineness of the reviewer to bring out all the good points is praiseworthy. Seems an unbiased, true review. Hats off to the reviewer for such a review. The unending desire to bring forth the best in all the three mobiles, is evident till the last word. At one time I skipped the technicalities, thinking maybe the conclusion would be the final word to make me decide, but was forced to read the full content. Hats off!!!
Anonymous, 21 May 2017It is sad that the high end flagship is defeated by your so-called upper mid-ranger...And that so called upper midrange LG G6 won nothing here so who are you trying to fool?
Just buy the phone you like and don't bother to read phone comparisons online if you get hurt easily...
I have used samsung products and i dislike them because never had a good life but this year samsung finally recieved its wake up call.
My favourites sony and lg have also made great phones so no matter what you choose you will be satisfied this seems to be a great year for smartphones