bfbsdgvsfv, 22 Jun 2017Only good thing about One plus 5 is that all of the giants of youtube mobile reviewers from MK... moreRightly said. MKBHD however was not very enthusiastic in the review, but he had to say positive things about the phone as he was one of the special invitee guests for the launch. However one reviewer The Verge had blasted the phone.
After going through a few *credible* reviews... I am getting more and more put off by the OP5. In fact, if you ignore the SD835 and 6GB RAM for a moment (which I doubt make a hell of a lot of difference compared to SD820/821 + 4GB RAM in most real-world scenarios).... everything about this phone is strictly mid-range..... mid-range screen, mid-range camera, mid-range aesthetics, no waterproofing etc.....
The thing OP has excelled at in the past is tremendous value-for-money.... but the fact that it keep jacking up prices for small upgrades means that is no longer the case.....
OnePlus 5 cheat in benchmark, can skip performance page
that's so fast to have review, can skip as well
nothing worth to read
Absolute disappointment on reading reviews on camera and sunlight display. One Plus 3t has better camera with OIS than 5.
Well,great phone - but for at least 600$,in EU,I mean.Just bought Mi6 for 450$(all custom&taxes incl.).These two are so close in terms of what they offer,but Mi6 looks way more cool,specially blue one..plus better camera and honestly fantastic audio output,connected to Yamaha a-s500 stereo amp and AKG K550 fullsize stereo headphones..one word-brilliant!
ValiR, 22 Jun 2017S8, 5.8" is 624 euro in Germany, I would pay that 124 euro difference to get it instead of giv... moreCrazy right? Even with lower res, smaller screen, bigger battery in OP5, Samsung's battery life's still comparable to it. Although, in GSMArena battery chart, Samsung does worse in screen-on tests, which is logical. That means Samsung's actually exceptional in standby time
S8, 5.8" is 624 euro in Germany, I would pay that 124 euro difference to get it instead of giving 500 euro on OnePlus 5.. better camera (with optical stabilization), better screen, SD slot, IP68, inductive charge etc. Even the battery is with 300mAh less, endurance time seems to be not so much different. OnePlus 5 gets some advantage for the SW part.
Well priced hardware focused gimmick flagship killer or flagship copy?,. Flagship similar?.
Anonymous, 22 Jun 2017I don't think that Carl Pei's comment on twitter is correct. Oneplus told a Dutch newspaper th... moreI check his twitter again and he added another one to clearer the confusion:
Carl Pei twitter: Optical zoom is at 1.6x, the remaining 0.4x is realized through SmartCapture multiframe technology.
They cheat with fake benchmark score...
with fake Photos ...
In a teaser they hiding 5 with 3T... Till now no idea how they hide 154mm tall mobile with 152mm... They did everything to make hype...
I don't think that Carl Pei's comment on twitter is correct. Oneplus told a Dutch newspaper that it's only 1.33x. Only if you crop 16 megapixel from the 20 megapixel sensor it would be 1.5x (and even not 1.6x) , but cropping is not optical zoom. Especially if the lens is not super sharp.
Things that are deal breaker for me :
1 . No water resistance(living in tropical region, its nice to have some resistance when you are out in the rain)
2. Uninspiring design.
3. Selfie camera is cropped/zoomed far too much, too make for EIS. For someone who does a lot of video calling, this means you have to hold the phone farther away to get a good composition of your face.
4. Signal to noise ratio of camera pictures is poor, why do you need 20MP pictures from a phone sensor, who will ever need such large resolution. larger resolution only helps to crop in closer or print larger. For an era where phone pictures are mostly used for Instagram/facebook; you dont need that many pixels. Should have made a 12MP camera with better low light capabilities. I was hoping DxOmark would help Oneplus see that. But i was mistaken.
5. 6GB is too much, but 8GB is overkill. Comeon, you runs million apps at one time? should have stuck with 4GB/6GB and reduce cost.
6. Only the first 10nm Snapdragon processor, i am sure there will be plenty more advances in this technology in future, which means you will probably have faster and more battery efficient processors from snapdragon soon.
7. Portrait mode on rear camera needs a lot of improvement, its a software thing and i am sure Oneplus may push updates to solve some of its issue, but untill then it does't seem worth.
marim3kko, 22 Jun 2017Cheaters, cheaters, cheaters...https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5-benchmark-cheating-reviews/
Anonymous, 21 Jun 2017Will there be a glass body variant for oneplus 5,Ii seen the durability test and it's back cov... moreLOL. At least the scratches can fade away, if you want a back that doesnt scratch then go for HTC U sapphire edition or Xiaomi Mi Mix
mclarenfan1968, 21 Jun 2017Good grief their camera software has taken a huge hit, it looks as bad as Sony shots, Oneplus ... moreNah, Sony takes better shots in the morning than OnePlus 5. The brand new 19MP camera shoots with lesser noise and lesser softness on the sides. But the night shots are almost particularly the same for the 2