They cheat with fake benchmark score...
with fake Photos ...
In a teaser they hiding 5 with 3T... Till now no idea how they hide 154mm tall mobile with 152mm... They did everything to make hype...
I don't think that Carl Pei's comment on twitter is correct. Oneplus told a Dutch newspaper that it's only 1.33x. Only if you crop 16 megapixel from the 20 megapixel sensor it would be 1.5x (and even not 1.6x) , but cropping is not optical zoom. Especially if the lens is not super sharp.
Things that are deal breaker for me :
1 . No water resistance(living in tropical region, its nice to have some resistance when you are out in the rain)
2. Uninspiring design.
3. Selfie camera is cropped/zoomed far too much, too make for EIS. For someone who does a lot of video calling, this means you have to hold the phone farther away to get a good composition of your face.
4. Signal to noise ratio of camera pictures is poor, why do you need 20MP pictures from a phone sensor, who will ever need such large resolution. larger resolution only helps to crop in closer or print larger. For an era where phone pictures are mostly used for Instagram/facebook; you dont need that many pixels. Should have made a 12MP camera with better low light capabilities. I was hoping DxOmark would help Oneplus see that. But i was mistaken.
5. 6GB is too much, but 8GB is overkill. Comeon, you runs million apps at one time? should have stuck with 4GB/6GB and reduce cost.
6. Only the first 10nm Snapdragon processor, i am sure there will be plenty more advances in this technology in future, which means you will probably have faster and more battery efficient processors from snapdragon soon.
7. Portrait mode on rear camera needs a lot of improvement, its a software thing and i am sure Oneplus may push updates to solve some of its issue, but untill then it does't seem worth.
marim3kko, 22 Jun 2017Cheaters, cheaters, cheaters...https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5-benchmark-cheating-reviews/
Anonymous, 21 Jun 2017Will there be a glass body variant for oneplus 5,Ii seen the durability test and it's back cov... moreLOL. At least the scratches can fade away, if you want a back that doesnt scratch then go for HTC U sapphire edition or Xiaomi Mi Mix
mclarenfan1968, 21 Jun 2017Good grief their camera software has taken a huge hit, it looks as bad as Sony shots, Oneplus ... moreNah, Sony takes better shots in the morning than OnePlus 5. The brand new 19MP camera shoots with lesser noise and lesser softness on the sides. But the night shots are almost particularly the same for the 2
Usb 2.0 is pretty bad in this day and age. That's really old technology now. There's really no excuse for any phone, let alone a "flagship" phone, to not have usb 3.0 these days.
Only good thing about One plus 5 is that all of the giants of youtube mobile reviewers from MKBHD to Michael Fischer lost credibility with their bare naked blatantly biased and paid reviews.
pramod5774, 21 Jun 2017Other than gsmarena I don't think anyone else gave critical review to this phone. Even camera ... moreCredit due where is due...
But honestly we are 2017 and OP miss the "flagship" mark on quite a few spots.On top of that 1+5 has nothing original or "wow" going for it...certainly not a good thing if you plan to splash(pun intended) 500Â€
> ...the tele camera's shots are even noisier than the regular cam. This can be explained by the smaller pixel size, and the fact that it's tuned differently
The most obvious reason for that is the aperture: f/2.6 vs f/1.7 transmits 35% less light onto sensor.
Looks like a poor man's iPhone copy without actually costing like one, the camera sensors are tiny while the bezels huge, and the benchmarks results are cheated. Beats me how such a great line fell so low.
OMG! Seriously? Please STOP copying Apple Surface and Hardware. Be original!!!
I wish the OnePlus 5 did not miss out on the Gigabit LTE, the feature where the maximum screen brightness increases under sunlight, and stereo speakers.
I hope the speaker will be as loud as the iPhone 7 speakers.
Vivo, Oppo & OnePlus is from the same parent company, in simple said "Same Boss".