The review is highly biased. Seems like the author hates Samsung. If someone wants an easy to hold phone, they will buy a smaller screen. If someone wants a VFM phone, they will surely buy a cheap Chinese brand. I hope this reviewer doesn't review Apple phones, he will get a lot of hate mails.
I have been using this phone for over a year now and I only have good things to say.
(1) No lags whatsoever
(2) Never hangs
(3) Never heats (I'm not a gamer but a lot of video watching and web surfing)
(4) Excellent photos and videos (better than most other mid-range Chinese phones)
(5) Excellent display with near perfectly natural colors (reviewer was cribbing about it and I was like what)
(6) Great sound quality (neutral sound unlike unnatural boosted frequencies on many mid-rangers)
(7) Excellent touch
(8) Fast scrolling, responsive experience
(9) Bloatware easy to get rid of
(10) Good bluetooth performance
(11) Excellent wifi-reciever (receives my home hotspot from 200 meters away)
(12) Built-in app locking/masking
(13) One-handed mode works like charm
(14) Split screen support (depending on app)
(15) UDS mode is a pure joy
(16) Built-in VPN is a blessing to have in this age
(17) Bundled music player by Samsung is the most neutral/pure sounding music player on Play Store
(18) Built-in casting/mirroring.
(19) No holes/opening on the top (makes it possible to use the phone in light rain if protected by a cover)
(20) Decent loudness of ringtone/voice call
(21) AI camera (Samsung doesn't market this as many others in the market are doing)
(22) DSLR mode (again no marketing of this)
(23) Dedicated second sim slot
(24) Good finger scanner performance
(25) Good home screen customization options
(26) 3.5 mm Headphone jack present (My expensive headphones are usable)
Cons? I really have to think hard.
(1) Side firing speaker
(2) No Backlit soft keys
(3) Headphone jack location (i prefer at top)
(4) Photos with flash not as appealing
(5) Finger print scanner location (I like them at the back)
j7 max the camera its working colour its difrent howing example yellow colour showing orange coloure it bad camera
Aji Elavila, 10 Dec 2017J7 max Selfi camera poor It has a good front camera. Much better than Huawei and oppo.
Gobinda Gorain, 29 Dec 2017I think,it is the best product than any other products by the features and the price.Is It so good? I want to buy,but i don't know If this phone deserve
I think,it is the best product than any other products by the features and the price.
This is the worse phone i have ever had. When texting the screen freezes numerous times. When sending texts the texts fail to send. I hate the touch screen, it often repeats keys that i push. Poor product
wi-fi problem with Galaxy j 7 Max . Every time Disconnecting once in 5 minutes
Bloatware isn't Samsung's fault.
MIcrosoft uses it's patents and Google uses it's Android Trademark and force Samsung and other OEM's to include their crappy products ...
um using j7max this is osm phone..wd good battery life...n good looking .....n more fast ...i think this is best in every aspect..
I juz wanna ask, when this phone will release in Indonesia?
i don't either like samy mid-range devices but let's be honest you have a hatred for samy with this article clearly, either the writer of the article or gsmarena itself,
the chinese company which you are worshiping in this article all have terrible cameras with no exception even in their high-end devices,no customer services anywhere, and displays are not-to-even-look-at displays, these samy phones which you call lackluster have way better grounds in all those things,
if you want to call sth low better do it right not just with hatred,
so all you need is a shiny phone with horrible all around everything from a chinese company ok that's how far your mind can process but don't make call for everyone.
Does it has screen mirroring option. IF NOT HOW DO I CONNECT my phone to smart Tv via Pandora S
Wow, you can get the same battery as in the S8 Note for less than half the money!
"a somewhat disappointing showing from Samsung"
Yes, that's also very much true for the S8 Note - or the S8 series, in general.
"the device feels lackluster"
That hits the nail on the head for the S8 series, especially for the S8 Note.
XtremE16, 03 Aug 2017Better way to go Sony Xperia Xa1Agreed. This is the first time they are using a MEDIATEK chipset, but the design of the smartphone though, why do they need to put the notification LED at the rear of the smartphone? SAMSUNG have really no idea what they are doing, most of the time, people look at their notifications with the screen on top, not slamming the screen to on the table and look at the back. In the end, XPERIA XA1 have much more advantages. PUMP EXPRESS 2.0 : I have no idea why SAMSUNG don't have it in this smartphone, I guess because their chargers only support their own EXYNOS lineup. Better camera : XPERIA XA1 have 8MP + 23MP camera, even though sometimes MP doesn't mean greater photos, but it can help in low-light too, compared to this preview 13MP + 13MP. Besides, there is HDR for video on the XPERIA XA1 while this does not have. And the price should be cheaper than this since it is released a few months already