For me, "Samsung ISOCELL brand" does not inspire any confidence. It is only he ones Samsung put on their own phones that are good. The ones they sell to other manufacturers have not performed well.
Right now is the one I'm using. Performance wise is really nice, with solid build and a nice look. It also has a great signal reception, a nice screen and a not that bad battery life.
Camera is still so so. It really got better with last OTA of July, but still fails exposure and focus from time to time, most of it in low light situations. if you just take time, photos comes out acceptable. Accepts Camera2 API but is quite buggy on that. For me, big room to improve here.
Still lots of ground to be better on software side, from battery optimizations, drivers and camera performance. Price/quality ratio, if Doogee tunes it a little more will be good.
Thirty, 11 Aug 2017Well, this phone has two major flaws for me.
1. The width of the device
2. The weight of i... moreBuy some cheap weights to train your hands on. Better still, find some unused bricks to get you started on. ;)
Well, this phone has two major flaws for me.
1. The width of the device
2. The weight of it.
The latter being more significant, its so heavy, that I'm actually unable to use it one handed. I'm not sure why it is so heavy.
Anonymous, 11 Aug 2017This one color is beautiful than samsung and xiaomi bezelless.You are quite right, it's the blue aurora version. I have it and it's quite a looker. People at work were curious about it first time i showed it off. And i have a S6 Edge gold as a primary phone which has become too common.
Anonymous, 11 Aug 2017Don't forget about Motorola and Lenovo. They are great as well.True
wow gsmarena is taking some steps up, but that's an ugly phone right there
Anonymous, 10 Aug 2017Dooge Mix review, but no in catalog?Unwanted phone, u know. People buy SAMSUNG, HTC, SONY, LG flagships. Even XIAOMI and HUAWEI is counted inside
Guys you should double check the camera after they updated OS to Doogee OS 2.0. It's MUCH better in terms of it!
Battery result is surprinsingly low in your test. On OS 2.0 I find the battery at least 40% better compared to LG G4 which was - true - quite bad.
The zombification selfie mode is up to attract millions, makes it a true flagship killer.
SHARP AQUOS's line of phone since late 2013 has been rocking this tri-bezeless design. I do not know if I should be heartened or not, to see some phones resembling this desgin in 2017.
I've used a Doogee before as a temporary backup phone while my primary phone was water damaged. My experience for a month plus agrees to the review. Though it is not Doogee Mix phone, the same weaknesses and more were observed.
1) Weak battery, even when mostly idling, it couldn't last me during the working hours (about 10 hours). With just whatapps through out the day, I ended up charging every 6 hours!
2) Poor camera. Really poor in fact. The color, the sharpness are all off. I never keep any of the photo taken from the phone. That tells everything.
3) Bad 3G/4G performance. It was so bad that I couldn't browse or check Facebook at all. Surprisingly however, using it as a hotspot works fine!
1) The built is sturdy. It dropped a few times and still no damage done. Lol.
2) Cheap phone has its market. I sold it off for 50% after posting to forum in less than a week :)
Anonymous, 11 Aug 2017Mediatek trashgrow up. there are many more important aspect you can say here, like the camera quality that is quite bad.
i just cant stop laughing on the FaceBeauty sample shot Beauty Filter lol.
16mp rear camera with bad quality hmm..if Doogee can get a high quality old 8mp camera it will be better (8mp like galaxy s3, iphone 4s etc.)
front camera, high quality old 2mp camera will be ok (2mp like in meizu mx4)