AnonD-244675, 04 Oct 2017I agree with you on the "gibberish fanboy" part. I'm a huge fan of Sony phones and one thing t... moreI thought I was gonna like your comment....But then you turned out to be one of those fanboys.
The Exynos is a slightly overall better SoC for one. And The Note8 is also very snappy and well optimized. And this is the same regurgitated arguments since the dawn of time with iOS users that hate on Android. Even stock or Sony. Your couple milo seconds gain doesn't really mean much in the real world. And that's when you even have it.
Nor is the 960 really "better" than the S835.
Im sorry but Samsung "a KOREAN" brand has technically always had a technological lead over sony and others overall. Yet none of you fanboys can accept that. It has nothing to do with who likes who or their name. It has to do with their power, money, factories, and actually putting all that tech in their phone. Where Sony holds themselves back foolishly and causes themselves to struggle for it.
And I can't believe you didn't realize how foolish that was to say about the cameras.
First off you just used optimizing as an insult.....???? HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK???
Second off you claimed that the only thing they do is make colors blown out?????
You at this point are beyond one of those typical sony gibberish fanboys that dont see anything but sony in tunnel vision.
The issue is that others can normally get sharper and less noisy images with better results and dynamic range or other aspects out of the sensors than Sony can.
And it's taken years for Sony to finally step up and optimize their camera software some.
But even though they have they still are behind because they refuse to advance in areas like focus tech, brighter apertures, or adding OIS into the mix with their EIS.
But no....Others just blow out colors and want something to hate on...
And I do talk factually about how bad iphone bezels are just as much as some of sonys.
At this point in the game sony's bezels are too big. They need trimming. Especially some more than others. Like XZP. Ridiculous sized bezels. And it's not just because of the amount. Again with some devices like XZP. It's the fact of not only how big they are but how little to nothing they offer. Just huge bezels with no purpose or utilization. If they would house larger batteries, much improved speakers, larger camera sensors, other sensors or what not it would be one thing. But they don't.
And XZ1 bezels for having stereo speakers are ok. More so for last year.
Even comparing the XZP to Z3 just shows you why some people talk about bezels.
This is just more fun than any standard AR:
[deleted post]I agree with you on the "gibberish fanboy" part. I'm a huge fan of Sony phones and one thing that absolutely ruins brands are these unruly fanboys with no grammar.
Korean and Chinese brands aren't better than Sony. In fact, many of these brands lie in benchmarks. The only chipset better than the well optimized SD835 in Nokia 8 and Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is the latest Hisilicon Kirin 960, so Huawei is the only brand worth praising here. Also, most of these brands optimize Sony's sensors to oblivion so all the fanboys think overblown picture colors are accurate. As for bezels, fans who hate on the bezels is severely hypocritical. Let's see you guys hate on iPhone bezels.
Korean and Chinese brands aren't better than Sony. It's just that people are looking for things to hate on.
Anonymous, 28 Sep 2017they will modify their design next year. finally those bezel will be made slimmer. so your "fa... moreImo there is no problem with the bezels, sure they can be slimmer to fit some peoples tastes. But like others have said, I like having bezels so I place my fingers on the front of the phone. I highly doubt sony would go bankrupt, and I agree about being fanatics of certain phones. Especially when a new phone drops like every 5-6 months. Sony fits my taste in the phone I'd want.
AnonD-392441, 26 Sep 2017On the contrary:
Sony uses the approach of "evolution" rather than "revolution" with their ... morethey will modify their design next year. finally those bezel will be made slimmer. so your "fanboyish" opinion is actually wrong.
All companies needs customers. So do sony. Now most customers want less bezel. So sony must follow this trend, otherwise they will lose more customers and finally bankrupt.
Im a sony user too. But i never be a fanatic of a certain brand. I use xperia because it suits my need, not because i'm a fanboy.
This XZ1 is the weirdest phone...it doesn't really know what it wants to be...not great in any regard....like middle ground sort of
AnonD-392441, 26 Sep 2017On the contrary: Sony uses the approach of "evolution" rather than "revolution" with their ... moreI likes your approach on Sony cells and the market, which your points makes sense!
Anonymous, 21 Sep 2017best way to gain popularity, a la sony:
1. Pay stubborn salesmen
2. Use the same obsolete de... moreOn the contrary:
Sony uses the approach of "evolution" rather than "revolution" with their designs. Rather then making dramatic changes every year in an attempt to reinvent the wheel, they understand that the wheel already works - and so they instead focus their attention on refining it and improving on it.
Sony's design has been among the best on the market (in terms of both build quality and usability) since it first appeared on the original Xperia Z - it never needed changing because it was already functionally perfect, so all they had to do along the way was gradually improve functionality (camera performance, display, battery life, etc) and they've done exactly that.
Likewise, their UI has been among the absolute best out there from the start. It's extremely lean, has nowhere near as much bloatware as competitors, is light on memory usage, and is extremely stable. Over time they have just continued to refine it in order to make it even more smooth, fast, and usable - but at the end of the day it's always been one of the simplest and the best, and the current iteration is as good as it's ever been.
Look at what other brands are doing - they keep trying to innovate their products, ad all they do in the process is make them worse less functional. Some examples:
* HTC tried something new with the U11 speakers by putting two different ones on heir phone - a higher frequency speaker at the top (firing forward) and a lower frequency one on the bottom (firing down). The output is loud, but it sounds extremely odd - their sound (which was always class leading on the M7, M8, M9) is now something that may turn people off the phone
* LG were taking the Sony approach by using iterative designs with their G2, G3, G4. Each model was basically just an improved version of the one from the previous year. Then they tried to get fancy with the G5 by reinventing the wheel with their innovating modular design - and everybody hated it. Nobody bought the G5 because it just didn't make any sense, and the whole modularity system (while nice in theory) just never worked properly in it's implementation
* Samsung were doing the integrative thing as well with their Galaxy line - they were the same pretty much every year, just with small updates. The one big criticism they always used to get is the cheap plastic feel - and so Samsung decided to go premium and went with a metal and glass design starting with the S6. This was a nice idea, IMO, but many loyal Samsung buyers cited the removable battery and expandable memory as two of the biggest reasons why the Galaxy was so appealing to them - and both features were lost with the S6 and S6 Edge. There was an uproar from existing Galaxy fans, and so Samsung put the SD card slot back in for the S7.
* Another one that Samsung did while trying to be cool and innovative was the Edge display. A funky idea in theory, the Edge design is actually one of the worst things I have ever experienced on a smartphone from an end user perspective. I've owned the S7 Edge, and it is practically impossible to use without a case due to the edges of the screen being too damn close to where your hands hold the edges of the phone - so the phone constantly would respond to accidental touches. This wasn't so much of an issue with the S6/S7 because you always had the regular versions to go with for those who weren't sold on the pointless gimmick that is the Edge...but now they have completely lost any such users by axing the regular Galaxy design and using the stupid curved edges exclusively with the S8 line. It's for this reason that I cannot buy an S8 for my next phone - I need something that I can use practically, not a useless piece of art that doesn't function.
Now...Sony understands all of the above. They understand that the reason people are buying Sony phones is because they like the practical design and the efficient UI. They understand that the best way to retain those customers it to maintain a similar type of design and a similar UI, and to just continue to make small refinements and improvements along the way. And it's worked, because in the last few years I've had one Samsung, two LG's, one HTC and four Sony's. I keep trying new and innovative designs hoping to find that great new thing, and then keep going right back to the tried and tested Sony when those new products continuously fail in one area or another.
So you can say all you want about "same obsolete design" and "same obsolete UI" - to Sony customers these are attractions, not distractions. We want more of the same because we want something that works, not useless gimmicks. If you prefer form over function and useless gimmicks over practical functionality, then by all means go and buy other brands - nobody is stopping you, that's your right as a consumer. We will keep buying the Sony phones because they give us what we need/want from a phone - and that is OUR right as a consumer.
Anonymous, 22 Sep 2017I used Sony that's when I know about quality. I don't know about all brand but I have try gion... moreNay those are first year throw away brands unlike Sony beaSt quality, performance and durable brand!
[deleted post]Sure dude that's why your Sony feeds posting gibberish and I'm Not on your k or c brands feed! Hehehe
[deleted post]I used Sony that's when I know about quality. I don't know about all brand but I have try gionee,asus and huawei but all of them together last the same as 1 Sony phone..
Anonymous, 21 Sep 2017best way to gain popularity, a la sony: 1. Pay stubborn salesmen 2. Use the same obsolete de... morei suggest you to try xperia first before posting bad comments. I posted many bad comments too in the past. But after it try xzs, it changed my mind. I Like it. Yeah i admit the design is a little bit dated. But there are no perfect brand in the world, all of them have weakness. Sony's flagship only have one small weakness, which is: design. other than that, it is the best for me.
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2017If you ever actually read a single page ever from any single Sony article yippy would see that... moreMost of the hater just repeat and repeat the bashing tricks in most of the Sony thread, looks like you are the one of them but with another higher level.
Anonymous, 21 Sep 2017best way to gain popularity, a la sony:
1. Pay stubborn salesmen
2. Use the same obsolete de... moreSony design is very squarish, the smartphone is beautiful elegant gorgeous and even with the bezel, yes the bezel with the colors/materials is amazingly refined. The body already change it materials/structure/design from Z2 to Z5 and to XZ and recently new phones, it have much more innovative if you compare the the Z generation with XZ generation such as multiple antenna, adopt the Gorilla Glass 5, world first side fingerprint and so on. Battery adopt the Qnovo is the most important improvement, the dual front facing speaker, the XZ1 and compact' speaker now louder than Z generation, the camera now have more powerful features and image quality is awesome more true to real life, the display even come with 4K HDR, the Xperia UI is lightweight fast and very stable. Xperia UI is not include complicated with funny stupidity actions. Xperia UI is extremely simplified, it can be more attractive just apply the themes , it doesn't like those other complicated UI lag after years/drain battery with Always On...( the Xperia's volume rocker has a nice placed and no need to pull down the notification bar to adjust the volume, specially annoying for a big phone.)
3D scanner is most innovative technology that you can't find in other brands. Even Samsung wish to join the game, but late.
Anonymous, 21 Sep 2017LOL. kid's toy. another useless gimmick.
their true invention is the distorted camera, other ... moreOf course. They are afterall inferior, just copycats with no inovation.
They indeed are baby toys compared to what Xperia devices offer.
UltimateZeroSeconds, 19 Sep 2017Just like I said, the trend is play by marketing strategy, hire blogger keyword warrior and tr... morebest way to gain popularity, a la sony:
1. Pay stubborn salesmen
2. Use the same obsolete design every year
3. Use the same obsolete ui every year
4. Be overpriced
5. Give bad service to customers
And sony can do it perfectly. finally they gain "bad" popularity.
Tann Hauser, 20 Sep 2017Now that major competitors just caught up on AR Effect, Sonys New Gen AR possibilities kick in... moreLOL. kid's toy. another useless gimmick.
their true invention is the distorted camera, other companies dont have it and wont implement it. LOL