Does Dual Sim version have a dedicated micro sd slot? I am a satisfied V20 Customer but am not buying if they have removed the Dedicated MicroSD. They have also removed the "removable battery" so let's see...
Anonymous, 14 Sep 2017So you haven't actuality reviewed and camera samples Riiight, my bad, missed note8/S8 ones. Those got better low light stills and also colors in lowlight video. Also missed 950xl which colors of lowlight video put to shame even those.
So yes, its not best in low light, but somewhere near top.
LG superfan, 14 Sep 2017Actually you got it wrong if you check low light samples of G6 you will see its on par with s8... moreNo. You got it all wrong because you are clearly blinded by lg and have not seen any comparisons
[deleted post]You'll get more on an updated review. Plus Los light just won't be what people expected
After final software/few updates i guess the battery life and the camera will be so good !!
It's time to define display size with square inch or square cm, because manufacturers are making us fool with narrower displays. The more narrow but longer the rectangle, the more longer the hypotenuse, It doesn't mean the area is larger. so we want to know that how much is the area of a display. say, LG V30 has 6.82*13.63= 92.96 square cm while Lumia 1520 has 7.47*13.28= 99.20 square cm display area. both devices are said to have 6" display but LG V30 has 6.24 square cm less display are compared to a 16:9 6" display. so let's not be cheated.
Why no low light photos? Why no comparison with LG G5?
- the camera has 16:9 aspect ratio. If you take a 16:9 photo, the 4:3 area of the photo is sharp, but the additional width to reach 16:9 of the photo is blurry. This means you can take sharp 4:3 photos, but the 16:9 photos have blurry edges.
- in low light, it takes good photos.
- the center area of the photos is relatively! sharp but still worse, less detailed than G5's photo due to the worse sensor. And everything else besides the center area is blurry due to the poor quality lens.
LG G5 has better camera than V20. LG used worse camera sensor and worse lens in V20 so V20 is a downgrade compared to G5. LG G5 camera has better day time and low light performance than LG V20.
LG G6 and V30:
- the day time performance is good, it is pronounced when you look at the grass: it has sharper, more detailed grass than G5 and V20.
- only the corners are blurry, which is an improvement. The edges of the photos are now sharp, but the corners are still blurry.
- the low light performance though is unknown. Probably they have worse performance than G5 and V20 due to the smaller camera sensor and smaller pixel size.
However, LG V30 is the biggest disappointment from LG. Still LG V20 is the best smartphone in the world, overall.
The reasons why LG V20 is better than V30 (LG removed these features from V30 that were present in V20):
- removable battery
- IR remote
- DisplayPort / SlimPort (HDMI output)
And V30 has much much worse design:
- glass back
- curved screen edges and corners
- wrong, non-standard screen aspect ratio
- burn-in screen (OLED)
- no bezels
Arccosinus, 14 Sep 2017Hi. It has a 16 mp 1/3 type sensor so that they were able to save money on the lens and sensor... moreActually you got it wrong if you check low light samples of G6 you will see its on par with s8 with more detail but less bright compared to s8 and in daytime both are pretty identical but V30 is better in low light compared to s8 and in daytime too despite smaller pixel than G6 the article is on android authority or android central and its better by a mile compared to V20
If you go to mkbhd, you will be surprised that so many people like V30 instead of note8.
What a weapon!, Time to put my gs7edge on the shelf and go back to my roots. #lg'zback
GSMA, Can you add the audio measurements and comparison with V20 and Axon 7? That would help users to see how it is against phones with dedicated dacs? You might have all their measurements with you already.
eemix, 14 Sep 2017Nobody knows about its camera's sensor? I guess they used again (as in G6) a very small one. ... moreHi. It has a 16 mp 1/3 type sensor so that they were able to save money on the lens and sensor properly. Yes, that's a huge disappointment but it still beats U11, iP7 and Google pixel in terms of LL perfomance. In broad daylight it performs even better than letters. But S8 and N8 are still flagships that can't be beaten in LL shots. So yeah, I would be glad to get best main camera complemented by WA one but that's not the case here. To get best LL perf imaginable you have to pick up S7, S8 or LG V20 but not the V30
As expected,mighty machine that V30 is..'Till Christmas there will be one or two updates and LG will fix small issues with display and battery,and it will be a proper flagship device.Price will hopefully drop too,maybe to 500Euro,that would be a great deal..and half the price of Sams&Fruit top dogs..