Dodo, 01 Oct 2017Or, perhaps these people like Apple's design and overall quality....
And they are willing t... moreBut that's the point. The over all quality is severely exaggerated and nothing what is claimed.
And can be outmatched by many in at many areas. Which makes the entire claim a lie.
I really wonder if reviewer even took a look at sample photos. I don't give rats ass atm, if it's iOS or Android, but from purely photographic standpoint those samples are NOT sharp, are noisy, there's a lot of corner softness and they seem unnatural (probably because of noise suppression algorithm). And, resolved detail is average at best. Yes, dynamic range is rather OK, so seem to be colours.
Lumia 950XL and Nokia 808 user.
iphone 8 resolves more details? really are you blind or acting like one? S8 captures way superior pictures than any competitor right now barring the LG G6 and the new Xperia which comes a little close here and there, heck even iphone 7plus camera samples looks way better than iphone 8plus. Take a look at your own Nokia 8 shootup and see iphone 8 is inferior to any flagship released till date.
Dodo, 02 Oct 2017Really?!!
The review here says otherwise. As does dxomark, which shows the camera of the iP... moreNo. Don't be so blind. Look at the accrual individual scores between each aspect of tests.
And look at accrual photo quality comparisons of shot outs.
All show the s8 let alone the note 8 and others doing better
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017...from 2014.Really?!!
The review here says otherwise. As does dxomark, which shows the camera of the iPhone 8 Plus leapfrogging the best current flagships by 4 points, a very significant margin. https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/
But don't let the facts influence your opinion.
AnonD-656673, 01 Oct 2017So ARMv8 SoC is more powerful than most desktop SoCs?! please tell me more about this.Recent Geekbench scores show the A11 chip outperforming the latest low-end core i5 in one of the Macbooks. Take it all with a healthy dose of salt. Also, account for the fact that laptops have far superior sustained performance due to active cooling and fewer battery restrictions, not to mention overclocks automatically if necessary. It's still an amazing feat. I think it's because of the massive funding going into perfecting ARM processors and the strong competition with Intel just stagnating for years. PC's don't bring in near the same amount of revenue and Intel didn't have competition for a long time now. That's why Apple is researching their Ax chips for possible desktop use and Microsoft have already written the instruction set to run Windows 10 natively on ARMv8 processors (Specifically the SD820, 821 and 835). It's only a matter of time before ARM processors are Intel's main competition.
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017Yes... Ppl here where I live buy iphones think they are fancy. Many artists , soccer players a... moreOr, perhaps these people like Apple's design and overall quality....
And they are willing to pay for it (and can afford it).
Here is why some people will not upgrade to iPhone 8 or X and keep the 6 for as long as humanly possible
There are rumour of battery issues with the new iPhone 8.
Keep your money in your pocket for now ...
Carol, 01 Oct 2017Iphones are luxury devices? Are you kidding me or Something? They are sooooo average from qual... moreYes... Ppl here where I live buy iphones think they are fancy. Many artists , soccer players and instagram subcelebrities have iphone
AnonD-399271, 01 Oct 2017Those who want Fastest and greatest will go for iPhone 8 because it has fastest mobile process... morehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtVfffQFiTE
I am sure what SD845 will be capable of now :D
P9 User, 30 Sep 2017look at how you construct you sentence, SHAME! :)And look how people don't understand the accent..... Ahem! You know what I mean :D
AnonD-305089, 01 Oct 2017The iPhone 8 is better than any android flagship...from 2014.
AnonD-399271, 01 Oct 2017Apple A11 is Miles ahead of Fastest Snapdragon currently ie 835 infact performance of A11 is ... moreLol don't be silly, are you trying to compare benchmarks ran ios to a Windows based environment, come back when apple can run cinebench or 3dmark
Verne, 01 Oct 2017Why I don't & won't have an Android.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer ... moreThis is the most ignorant and most uneducated comment from an a blind Apple user.
1. Poor interconnectivity: This has existed on Android way before iPhone even thought thinking about this. The level at which interconnectivity work today in Android, iphone cant even touch it. Ever heard bluetooth, ever heard Google Cloud, ever heard wifi drop, ever heard NFC? So let me tell you. With all this, and which is way better integrated then iPhone, you can basically just store your content one phone and can access it anytime, anywhere and send files to any one with ANY device(yeah, not just another mac or iphone. Truly any other device). This is called interconnectivity. What you have on ios is nothing but just a small gimick. Period
2. Slow Memory and insufficient backup options: I feel like i should not be even answering this. The only advantage that iPhone has is a little better performing processor. When it comes to backup and memory. Any mid range android has more capacity and capabilities then iPhone. ANY Android flagship phone can be back up and running in less than 30 mins flatout. Android has super deep integration with Google Drive and when you change phone, all you need is just a data connection and login to phone. You phone will have everything back in no time. Not just contacts or pictures, but even your apps with all custom settings and everything. Oh yes. In 30mins. Because Android uses latest and faster modems for data connection from Qualcom rather than old rusted intels.
3. Chaotic environment: Only thing this tell me about you is you never used Android. And if you did, Google actually offers far more granual control over everything and in terms of security permissions. And let me clarify, google App store is great as it has options for everyone. You dont end up paying for a basic reading app. OMG.. Did you paid another 100 bucks on basic apps again.
4. Security: Get the facts right. The most secured phone on planet is built out of Android. Most security designers and architects like me knows how important and good are customizable options we get when it comes down to dev and restricting if it comes to android.
Apple gives just fancy names. Ever tried developing on them?
We dont want Google to exercise much control. As it gives Architects like us to be more creative and innovative. Rather than stick to something already so closed ended that we just bang into walls at every corner.
I gave up iPhone 2 years back only because of their total lack of innovation and closed environment. List a single innovation in Apple that they came up out of box and was not carried from Android or Microsoft. I am giving you whole decade window. List JUST ONE!!!!
Verne, 01 Oct 2017Why I don't & won't have an Android.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer ... moreHow long do you think it took me to restore all of my apps, contacts, bookmarks from one phone to another recently?
About 15-20' using the PC at home and a 65 Meg internet connection, the only thing that took the time was transferring 128Gb of data onto my memory card.
from now on... for me its just xiaomi:D
#xiaomi reliable phone, reasonable price
hmmmm... i just hate ios :D
Well a long story to read but this phone got nothing new and nowthing own. All new got taken from other companies.
Wireless charging and amoled from Samsung 4k recorings from Sony. Also they forgot to mention how long battery will last on 4k recorings.
Anyway waiting half hour to get a 20% of battery charged in phone for 1000? Like wtf. Also having wireless charger for another 150 bucks and is not included in price get a headache.
Its good apple got A11 bionic and some great GPU but appart from that all has been taken from other companies. Having fastest CPU and GPU on planet souds great but if your app loads in 4 seconds or 4,2 on android phone its not something where people could say WoW. What will be next step? As i said before they took most of other companies.
Maybe next year we can expect extra ram for camera like sony did.
Or they steal curved glass from Samsung which is very expectable.
Or they add android instead of ios to save a lot of money on improving their operational system and they add 500 extra bucks to the price and call it improvement.
Maybe they will took google tango from Lenovo add own WR Glasses or IOS Glasses like is google glass. As people already know apple glass screen is most easier to break but is costly as top phone and even an accidental hit makes a bruise on screen.
Still no SD card. A lot of people need SD cards in case their phone will drown or die so they can have everything on separate space because as we know using I cloud is costly and space is limited a bit.
Biggest problem which apple probbably never solver is battery. Its capacity is below average for a heavy user it means always carry external battery charger or face the problem with fast draining. I know the new CPU and IOS consumes less and is energy efficient but when you run like 10-20 apps it will drain battery really fast. Just run data for a while and on backround a lot of apps will run even you did not start any of them.
For me its a big NO. Until the apple starts making something trully own ill be android fan like i was from time i switched my Iphone 6.