Well a long story to read but this phone got nothing new and nowthing own. All new got taken from other companies.
Wireless charging and amoled from Samsung 4k recorings from Sony. Also they forgot to mention how long battery will last on 4k recorings.
Anyway waiting half hour to get a 20% of battery charged in phone for 1000? Like wtf. Also having wireless charger for another 150 bucks and is not included in price get a headache.
Its good apple got A11 bionic and some great GPU but appart from that all has been taken from other companies. Having fastest CPU and GPU on planet souds great but if your app loads in 4 seconds or 4,2 on android phone its not something where people could say WoW. What will be next step? As i said before they took most of other companies.
Maybe next year we can expect extra ram for camera like sony did.
Or they steal curved glass from Samsung which is very expectable.
Or they add android instead of ios to save a lot of money on improving their operational system and they add 500 extra bucks to the price and call it improvement.
Maybe they will took google tango from Lenovo add own WR Glasses or IOS Glasses like is google glass. As people already know apple glass screen is most easier to break but is costly as top phone and even an accidental hit makes a bruise on screen.
Still no SD card. A lot of people need SD cards in case their phone will drown or die so they can have everything on separate space because as we know using I cloud is costly and space is limited a bit.
Biggest problem which apple probbably never solver is battery. Its capacity is below average for a heavy user it means always carry external battery charger or face the problem with fast draining. I know the new CPU and IOS consumes less and is energy efficient but when you run like 10-20 apps it will drain battery really fast. Just run data for a while and on backround a lot of apps will run even you did not start any of them.
For me its a big NO. Until the apple starts making something trully own ill be android fan like i was from time i switched my Iphone 6.
Verne, 01 Oct 2017Why I don't & won't have an Android.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer ... more1. Poor interconnectivity is your fault if you chose cross-platform.
2. Most midrange to high end Android phones have just as fast if not faster storage than the iPhone
3. iTunes is more of a liability and a burden, iOS devices too dependent on it to upload content. While Android devices are basically plug and play on almost all computers. Plus online backups with Android are just as good as with Apple.
AnonD-399271, 01 Oct 2017Apple A11 is Miles ahead of Fastest Snapdragon currently ie 835 infact performance of A11 is ... moreSo ARMv8 SoC is more powerful than most desktop SoCs?! please tell me more about this.
Verne, 01 Oct 2017Why I don't & won't have an Android.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer ... more1 you didn't answer about it anyways
2 such transfers have existed in Android since eternity. Eg mi mover. Now what about my 128 GB data in phone. Am I supposed to wait 2-3 hours for that... Way 2. Transfer setting with any mover app, pop SD card from old phone and put in new one. Work done in 5 minute
3 where I am corporates mostly prefer BYOD and lock it to themselves. Most of the new employees buy Android anyways. I know where you got your point from, but it doesn't always hold true
Blackberry does make Android devices which are more secure than any iOS devices out there... If security is your thing. Samsung also has knox since long time
AnonD-399271, 01 Oct 2017Apple A11 is Miles ahead of Fastest Snapdragon currently ie 835 infact performance of A11 is ... moreMy core i5 laptop can play crysis and is costs almost half of iPhone 8+ 256 GB. I don't think iPhone has power even remotely close to that....
That's the thing... People are starting realising that similar phones like Huawei p10 do the same for much less, apple no longer is the standard of innovation and they are really expensive. Most of the performance you won't need for everyday use. Many of my apple friends want to try different devices
AnonD-399271, 01 Oct 2017Those who want Fastest and greatest will go for iPhone 8 because it has fastest mobile process... moreFastest chip. Not necessarily the fastest so far.
And not ever has been the best
It's the 5th year with the same design not fourth.
The size and weight, it would make a great boat anchor.
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017Most people "think" that iPhones are luxury devices or are status symbols, but yeah in reality... moreYeah, apparently sheep's this days can't tell the difference between luxury and overpriced average quality device.
AnonD-66340, 30 Sep 2017Look at Samsung Benchmarks and then, see it lag and hang :D SHAME!Those who want Fastest and greatest will go for iPhone 8 because it has fastest mobile processor on the planet currently. And even upcoming Snapdragon 845 will be much slower compared to A11 chip.
Drickz, 30 Sep 2017In the old time iPhone superior hardware and innovative feature justify the high price and loc... moreApple A11 is Miles ahead of Fastest Snapdragon currently ie 835
infact performance of A11 is equivalent to Core i5 laptop processors of Intel 7th generation.
AnonD-3124, 30 Sep 2017So much hype about the A11 bionic chip. Milli-seconds faster in real life performance doesnt c... moreIn Single core performance apple is 30 months ahead of Snapdragon
Snapdragon 845 that will launch in March 2019 will give single core scores of 2600 which is same as given by A9 launched in September 2015.
When your iPhone 6 is 3 years old and yet, you still can't afford an upgrade and you claim, that people with Galaxy S8 in hands, who are critical towards Apple are "poor" android users.
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017iLuxury. When you buy an 16GB iPhone, cause you can't afford 64 GB one and then bash "poor" A... moreWhat's funny is that for the price of a 64GB iPhone 8, you can buy the same storage size Android phone like the LG V6 or S8 plus enough cash to buy a 128 to 256GB Micro-SD (which is usually now UHS-I or faster).
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017Please re read my commentPlease , use correct technical terms.
Anonymous, 01 Oct 2017All it takes is a bit of reading. Almost every iPhone made has its costs analysed by iFixit, s... moreiLuxury.
When you buy an 16GB iPhone, cause you can't afford 64 GB one and then bash "poor" Android users.
AnonD-471230, 30 Sep 2017Why I don't & won't have an iPhone.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer a... moreWhy I don't & won't have an Android.
1. Poor interconnectivity - If I want to transfer an image/file from iOS device to iOS device, or iOS device to a Mac I can easily via a Bluetooth and Wifi using a builtin OS service called AirDrop, if I want to transfer iPhone to Android, I have to email it, which isn't helpful if you haven't got a signal.
2. Slow Memory and insufficient backup options - I want quick access to my data, and Android doesn't support NVMe flash storage. In addition, with iCloud and iTunes backups, if something happens to my iPhone I can quickly restore from backup. If I buy a new phone, I can restore the old phone's backup to the new one and be running in a little over an hour. If I upgrade, one iPhone will transfer its settings to the new phone just by placing them near one another. With no external memory card, I don't have to worry about someone stealing it and getting my data. No tightly integrated backup scheme, no phone to phone transfer scheme, not interested thanks.
3. Chaotic environment - I find that Google's control of things to be chaotic with unconvincing security. It seems there's always malware roaming around in the Google Play store, with second class apps which developers spend less time on because Android users don't pay for apps and the only way they can achieve success is by offering a free app and showing advertisements. Google just doesn't exercise enough control over their platform.
What I find quite interesting is most companies don't allow Android phones due to their chaotic security situation, and have standardized on iPhone even though they're more expensive.
Point counterpoint. You have to look at the situation from both sides of the fence.