Does the music player of Viewty allows fast forwarding and rewinding?
the best phone in the world the most features in the phone definetly a 100%choice also it is meant to be the 2nd best phone in the world htc diamond is first but the price is too expensive
good day everyone, i am about to purchase the viewty however i have one very important question, can i transfer messages that are in my viewty (sms messages) to my computer. if so, how can i?. if i cant, is there any way around this. plz do help me. thank you. because nokia has the pc suite to transfer messages. is there any way to do so in the viewty
1. 5.1 Megapixel camera phone w/ flash, editing
2. 120 Frames per second video phone
3. Its an 3G phone with bluetooth, flash software, MP3, FM radio, voice recorder, etc.
4. DVD like quality movie performance
5. Internet browsing is good. Easy upload to YouTube, E-Blogger, Google Map, etc..
6. Call performance is good. However, using the loudspeaker during calls is below the average.
7. Open line phone which compatible to any network (except CDMA).
8. Stylish sleek design. Looks like an I-phone.
1. Memory: Internal 100Mb, External up to 2GB max (ex: only 100 calendar entries and 5 memo input max). Micro SD card slot is a hassle to access.
2. Using the external speaker during call is sometimes hard to hear according to other callers. My Nokia N80 is clear and receives no complain.
3. Performance tend to slow once the internal memory is being used up
4. Battery life is below the average for a camera phone. Again, Nokia N80 outlasted LG Viewty when it comes to battery performance.
5. No Wifi, No Infrared, No GPS built.
6. Touch screen is not as responsive as the 1st generation I-phone. Sometimes, it freezes for couple of seconds when moving from one application to another. So far, its touch screen is well respectable.
mike cebu, 04 Jul 2008I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!
i read some of bad comments here, i feel bad for them.... me im h... moreHi,i am also from cebu and i have the viewty for about two months now. the thing is that the battery of my phone will not last long if i inserted it with globe sim, but if i am using smart sim then my phone will go on for 3-4 days using the 3g internet in landscape mode while listening to music on the background, playing the preinstalled games (golf and demolition), calling and texting within that span of days. Now, I am very contented with this phone.
I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!!!!!!!
i read some of bad comments here, i feel bad for them.... me im happy, very much happy......
bad comments , good LG KU990 and i have the lens cover and thats my LG KU990R..
like i said BAD COMMENTS----- GOOD LG KU990
LG USER and foe for , 29 Jun 2008LG VIEWTY REVIEW, BY A USER I've been using this phone for 4 months and i've got to warn pe... moreyou are one of the isolated case that exist. My viewty serves me well and always put a smile on my face. My firmware is up to date.
LG VIEWTY REVIEW, BY A USER
I've been using this phone for 4 months and i've got to warn people, that unless you are a light mobile user, heed this warning and steer clear from this living nightmare. Fancy - YES, Practical - Definitely NOT!!!
Some of the things that will make you want to throw the phone at the wall.....with force! :
- it will NOT to connect to a MAC, but don't feel too smug if your a PC user, as i am too (for work) as the software that comes with the phone to transfer your contents to, just doesn't fully work either!
- the touch screen, is not responsive when used constantly, it just seems to forget your there!!
- there is no scroll, ok you can use the camera zoom as a scroll but its hopeless!, try scrolling with the touch screen, you just find yourself whizzing past where you need to be or it presses the contact (for example) you are scrolling past!! EVERYTIME
- the alarm volume cannot be changed, try waking up to 200db of farmyard animals, i'd sooner sleep in!
-you cannot send more than 10 in a group of texts, not important? well like me, now i want to change phones, i'm trying to tell my phonebook i've a new number - its taken me 3 hours to tell everyone!!!!!
-the phone freezes! usually half way through a text message - result re-start the phone!
-this phone does not connect to a Parrot car kit easily, sometimes disconnects without warning - its not the kit, it worked perfectly with an old nokia - every go.
Look, if you really have your heart set on this - then you'll never listen to reviews like mine, but if you have an ounce of sense you have to get something other than this phone, it is APPALLING, and incredibly FRUSTRATING, it has scarred me that much, i will NEVER BUY ANY LG PRODUCT AGAIN .... EVER.
You have been warned. (by the way, you may think some of the bad points won't affect you, trust me there are a million more, but i have no more time as i'm away to ceremoniously drown my LG Viewty, NO you cannot have it even for $1000, I am desperate to get my revenge on this spiteful piece of pure evil, no money could change my mind. LG VIEWTY DON"T DO IT.
Anonymous, 30 Apr 2008dude the scroll jog on the back is how u scroll or dragging up....wowLOL
This phone isn't as great as it's portrayed to be
i've had it for about 3 months or so. used to have a prada and that was well. lets just say tacky -
then again the cons are all the pros. it has a 5mp camera. but isnt as great as it should be but then again why complain.. u can pick up a 10 mp camera for like $300 in australia .. it looks good but as they say looks can be decieving as and as far as the touch screen goes. its stylish. new and different but thats the whole problem because its stylish new and different itll have some glitches which people cant work out. such as how hard it is to text sometimes in all the modes. i have a few problems with mine . being able to only see i think 3 lines of a text message. and also have the same problem as other users have reported with trying to pres the back button then create a message and being navagited to everything BUT the thing you want
it's hopeless u cant win
However, if ur a person such as myself who goes about the latest trend. new. something no1 else has then this is the phone for u . but if ur someone looking for a great business phone. fast texting. easy to call. great camera. then dont buy this phone as ull be greatly dissapointed
Thanks- May. =]
Can anyone please tell me how to withhold my number when texting on the lg viewty????? I know how to withhold when calling another but not when texting....thanks
Alvin, 17 Jun 2008Used it for a month. Design looks great but found alot of software issues. After reading an sm... moreI have a lg Viewty and i think its the best mobile phone ever. You have to remember that the photo is being spread over a large area. If you zoom in on the photo after woulds then the quality is amazing. And with direct uploads to you tube on videos its wow. In fact i have wrote this comment on my lg Viewty. So thats good. I think that if you live in the uk and wont one on pay as you go then it should be from play.com from just £180 on t mobile which is best for internet and tv!
sid, 06 Apr 2008hey dude really speaking the WORST phone i have ever buyed sujest u all never 2 buy it any co... moreLook people. If you think you are a photographer then get a k850 and if you like big buttons then for the love of god dont buy a touch screen and if you make loads of calls and is a business man then buy a black berry but for gods sake dont say the phone is bad
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2007I've had this phone for a few hours now, on o2 in the UK with the "lovely" o2-adapted firmware... moreI absolutely agree with you. Especially the sms texting point you brought up. When i want to squeeze a letter at the end of the line..its deemed impossible. Even Kate Moss's skinny fingers cant tap at the end of the text line and will always end up tapping the 'attach' icon. Its very annoying. The software has several issues too. After i use the headset for a while and unplugs it, the phone's alert functions goes haywire. The profile says its on RING at MAX volume but it doesnt ring, instead it vibrates !! huh..? This shows that LG doesnt have stringent Quality Control procedures. You are right, its like they hurried and finished off designing the phone and forgot to use it themselves as a consumer before releasing it out to the market.
Used it for a month. Design looks great but found alot of software issues. After reading an sms, you press the 'back' button and then tap 'create message'(or anything else in that sub-menu) and it doesnt selects it and keeps scrolling in a retarded fashion and selects everything else except the one you tapped on..!! And also..pictures are not up to par for a 5mp.
for such a big SCREEN... you need the following:
1. FAST UI .... the current FLASH UI is VERY SLOW.. you actually can see the ICON scroll by as you click it!!! it should be faster... much faster for a more enjoyable experience.
2. Wireless capabilities for internet access.
i laid hand on this phone.. it was tooooo slow for me.. the D600 flash menu drives me nuts!!!! i always have used BLOCK menu!!!!!
Sucky memory capability, microSD? Whatever, it won't even copy half the contacts from my N73. I thought it looked cool and the iPhones too buggy but screw that I'm going back to Nokia.
"I bought this phone recently and the one feature it is most famous about, its camera, is what giving me problems. All the pics that I click are not sharp enough, even if I use anti-shake. I am a good photographer and I do not need anti-shake, but viewty's camera is giving me real hard-time. All photos are hazy!!! Do I need to make some changes in settings?"
No, make some changes in the camera! It's a phone after all! just a phone! for $300 or $500, however, for good pictures go and buy D3