So better carry a tripod plus the adapter for jack earbuds, lol.
- No audio jack.
- Worse selfie camera without autofocus, downgraded.
- No camera with OIS with OIS only software tricks but still with artifacts.
- Chubby, slippery and ugly, a pain to use on the table: www.gifs.com/gif/YvxnPO
- No only don't come with quick charger out of the box being an expensive flagship.
- The adapters, including the Y one than let charging while listening music, don't support quick charging too!!! And aren't standard in their pins: https://www.androidauthority.com/sony-dongle-works-one-phone-breaks-quick-charging-845119/
- The position of the fingerprint sensor is too low, the traditional Sony side mounted sensor is more comfortable.
- Expensive for all it's lacks 800 euros.
I can forgive sony's design choices for the xz2, but what they did to the compact version is unforgivable.
In the end, however, the xz2 is not half bad. Not great, but not bad at all. It has its own peculiar charm.
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2018Samples of photo tool are handheld.. How is it possibleif you read the review they indicate where they used a tripod and where the xz2 detected it, and used slower shutter speed
its amazing that adreno 630 performance=2X performance of adreno 530 all within 2 years flagship chipset. Thats alot of improvement and adreno 530 is still a very capable gpu. that adreno 630 could live for years ahead.
This new design is just plain BS. What's worst is removing the jack itself. Sony needs to revamp the whole mobile division. Go back to the basics slim down bezel just like the z3 compact, dont remove the jack and side finger print.
As expected I guess, on tripod the camera is actually very very good. Without though, its still below competition.