I've been using sony phones since the color screen, the s9 is the obvious clear winner here. Even the mi mix2s with sony sensor camera better than the xz2. Sony, is it so difficult to plant in an OIS into your flagship rear camera which with premium pricetag?? Take out those useless vibrations thingy and makes a proper good still photo camera for the xperia, will you?
AnonD-258449, 03 Apr 2018Just one question from all of you. Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do... moreDon't find excuses for Sony. Neither of them excels over the other in all areas. Don't be a blind fanboy.
The only place where Sony's Xperia XZ2 comes out on top are the bokeh shots and selfies. Those look great.
Everything else, Sony is trash. SO. MUCH. NOISE. and the overblown exposure, hilarious.
Unless they finally overhaul the camera processing this fall with their Premium model, I'll be upgrading my Iphone 7 to either the S9+ or the new Google Pixel offering.
Just one question from all of you.
Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do you have (excluding selfies) you people are discussing night shots as you all have been using Sony A7s2 and are some kind of very professional photographers. Also go through your social media accounts and see how many night shots have you there.
This time gsmarena says Sony Xperia XZ2 is good but haters and fanboys have to find an excuse. Without tripod one can hold smartphone for 1/8 sec easily. Secondly u can use any surface as a tripod. Don't find excuses and admit Sony Xperia XZ2 is the better proposition.
Tann Hauser, 02 Apr 2018Nope, you can easily shoot at 1/8 s shutter on Xperia by handheld without tripod. And the resu... moreWrong. gsmarena recommends a tripod for Sony. they are the recognized experts, you are a nobody.
Sony is the pioneer of thus feature and leader of camera cell sensors
¿S9+ vs XZ2?
What are they and where? Sony has a video of low quality and color in the videos at the time of the account that needs color and details, has problems with noise cancellation, the photos with a lot of noise and the details really creep silly, the stabilization of the Sony's camera is bad and because it does not matter in comparison to S9 +
A Sony worth buying... That is something i have to see in person... But when price drops ofc. =')
the test ended up being much better than typical gsma tests/reviews. nice!
Sony would indeed benefit a lot from OIS.. and a better selfie cam.. and a few other things. they're close.
Tann Hauser, 02 Apr 2018Yes. Use it all the time, and there no need for tripods. Flick to manual preset to 1/8 or 1/4 ... moreYou definitely need some sort of image stabilisation in that case, and if it is lacking one, then you can never achieve such slow shutter speed without introducing any blur in your image. That's why the upper limit of the SS on XZ2 is up to 1/16 s in Auto mode...
Sonyuser85, 02 Apr 2018Sony wins without a doubt because:
1. It was not a fair setting to use XZ2 at 19mp while S9... more1. Then what is the point of having 19MP sensor? It's not like extra resolution is used for downsampling like in Xperia XZ or P20 Pro... Simply reducing resolution in this case shouldn't affect the image quality in any way.
2. Different camera processing and "lens"??? XZ2 has a single lens with no variable aperture, there is nothing you can change here.
3. EIS generally works for video, not for photos. The only "EIS-like" stabilisation which works for photos is Pixel 2's HDR+ processing (which aligns and combines multiple shots to eliminate blur) and P20/P20 Pro's AIS.
5. You didn't see the samples of handheld night shot from each phone, did you?
6. With 24fps, yeah it is so much better.
7. And they're going to omit OIS as well?
Bokeh of s9 is ridiculous. Looks like cam was on the move.
His face has more blur than background.
Slayer, 02 Apr 2018Neither phone is particularly impressive but Sony is a mess!Sony wins without a doubt because:
1. It was not a fair setting to use XZ2 at 19mp while S9 at 12mp.
2. Sony uses different camera processing (and lenses) for non-zoomed/zoomed shots and other different situations as the mp rates and/or manual iso. The auto scene selection is not a big deal.
3. Sony have better results at higher iso with EIS than S9 with higher aperture and OIS.
4. Front camera has options in Api2 mode that can change its sharpness, contrast and colors. Some third party apps have the option to switch between the Api2 On/Off and Forced modes that can substantially change quality of results of stock camera shown in this review.
5. Sony did it best regarding overall quality and settings and the secret is to use always the second highest mp rate for best results.
6. Sony videos came out better with HDR compared to S9.
7. Surely in the nearest future the camera module will be upgraded. Sony did the same from Z1/Z2 flagships.
8. XZ2 comes with almost 100$ cheaper than S9 - at least in my country.
Panino Manino, 02 Apr 2018I'll ask you a question, please be honest with me.
Look the very first photo, use that tool t... moreI guess the focus was made on the plant. So the fridge handle, the corners of the wall, the coffee machine and the floor are a little out of focus to begin with. This and the noise makes it looking quite strange on the XZ2. And don't forget that in this scenario, the S9 has a wider depth of field with its narrower aperture, leading to less blur.
But if you're talking about details I can see some little things on the leaves that aren't even on the S9 shot.