XZ2 turned out really one of the best android devices this year, topping benchmarks, excellent batterylife, excellent camera performance, excellent audio, great sturdiness, and that few tricks of its own, DVS, 3D scanner, SDR to HDR upscaling, and 10bit hdr video....
Just the darn lack of jack there... Ummmh...
Bring that back, and it will be a perfect smartphone.
Shootergod, 03 Apr 2018Both in day and night shot, GS9's noise handling superb for a smartphone, oh boy! So noticeab... morethere is no noise canceling Feature on both phonr sensors. Samsung did with better software
Fakhan, 03 Apr 2018Just one question from all of you.
Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do... moreOf course.
1/8 sec shutter is preety handheldy, just one step above what automode of XZ2 uses, I use it all the time (with auto ISO) by preset manual on my Xperia, and XZ2 makes excellent in lowlight with it, as seen by samples here with 1/8 sec shutter.
But some fboys will start attacking me for claiming that (??), although its clearly testable on their own beloved devices. Them just cant stand an Xperia doing great lowlight or sth. Delusional folk.
Anonymous, 02 Apr 2018How exactly do you think that Samsung wins overall as a phone? The XZ2 has a better battery li... moreLet me correct your comment:
1. XZ2 doesn't have a better battery life and that's quite obvious when you look at the individual score of battery tests on both devices.
2. Closer skin to stock Android isn't really advantage since that means that the software also might be buggier. I keep hearing tons of bug reports for Sony phones on the internet but not as much for Samsung.
3. XZ2 also removed Digital Noise Cancellation along with the headphone jack, great(!)
Samsung also promises that the battery capacity remains high(95%) even after 2 years of usage, so XZ2 doesn't really hold any advantage here.
4. And trust me, having a slight shift in white balance on angle is still better than having a constantly colour inaccurate display.
5. Finally, the camera is not on par. In both handheld auto and Pro mode, S9 is superior to XZ2, and S9+ does even better because of secondary optically stabilised telephoto lens.
Both in day and night shot, GS9's noise handling superb for a smartphone, oh boy!
So noticeable, when you mash the photo into one and compare them side by side.
Fakhan, 03 Apr 2018Just one question from all of you.
Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do... moreWhen you go darker, S9 will have an edge due to:
-Wider aperture lens which lets more light in
-Longer upper limit for shutter speed in Pro mode
-An ability to shoot in RAW
When it is handheld... well, you know which one is going to be the winner.
We don't need to "admit" that the inferior camera is better than clearly superior one - that's against the law of physics and obviously doesn't make sense.
Anonymous, 02 Apr 2018How exactly do you think that Samsung wins overall as a phone? The XZ2 has a better battery li... moreI do like Samsung on the performance side of things. They could better integrate their codes with their hardware because most of their hardware was theirs some in design and mostly on manufacturing. They have their own:
1. SoC (Exynos)
2. RAM modules
3. NAND drive (UFS)
4. Display (AMOLED)
5. Most of the batteries were produced by them.
With this control in the hardware and the software, we could say that Samsung is more flexible with their configurations compared to Sony. While Sony might have:
1. An edge in audio but they removed the headphone jack (thank you Sony)
2. Their handset design has been changed "finally" but still Samsung design is much better.
3. Their camera modules were very good (they supply the modules to Samsung too) but stil does not integrate the OIS and variable aperture (it seems that they crippled their own hardware so Samsung would still buy modules from them).
4. The battery tech were very good QNOVO is much better than nothing (I hope manufacturers could implement the same technology).
5. Their display were still LCD (LCD is good but this could also mean that Sony might have no direct control in their display department IDK if they're the ones that manufacture it).
6. Sony's camera software is behind in usability compared to Samsung. It seems that Sony's camera software experience were designed by an engineer but for a normal person, it's quite finicky to use.
While Samsung has been very flexible with their smartphone designs, form factor and their handset's target market Sony has been stale with their own given that they only cater a niche market and only produce small variations of smartphone they should be more focused with their design and usability but then their Xperias were always trumped by Samsung. Samsung has more control in terms of hardware and software design and for me a Samsung phone is always superior than what Sony could offer overall.
I've been using sony phones since the color screen, the s9 is the obvious clear winner here. Even the mi mix2s with sony sensor camera better than the xz2. Sony, is it so difficult to plant in an OIS into your flagship rear camera which with premium pricetag?? Take out those useless vibrations thingy and makes a proper good still photo camera for the xperia, will you?
Fakhan, 03 Apr 2018Just one question from all of you. Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do... moreDon't find excuses for Sony. Neither of them excels over the other in all areas. Don't be a blind fanboy.
The only place where Sony's Xperia XZ2 comes out on top are the bokeh shots and selfies. Those look great.
Everything else, Sony is trash. SO. MUCH. NOISE. and the overblown exposure, hilarious.
Unless they finally overhaul the camera processing this fall with their Premium model, I'll be upgrading my Iphone 7 to either the S9+ or the new Google Pixel offering.
Just one question from all of you.
Go through your galleries, and see how many night shots do you have (excluding selfies) you people are discussing night shots as you all have been using Sony A7s2 and are some kind of very professional photographers. Also go through your social media accounts and see how many night shots have you there.
This time gsmarena says Sony Xperia XZ2 is good but haters and fanboys have to find an excuse. Without tripod one can hold smartphone for 1/8 sec easily. Secondly u can use any surface as a tripod. Don't find excuses and admit Sony Xperia XZ2 is the better proposition.
Tann Hauser, 02 Apr 2018Nope, you can easily shoot at 1/8 s shutter on Xperia by handheld without tripod. And the resu... moreWrong. gsmarena recommends a tripod for Sony. they are the recognized experts, you are a nobody.
Sony is the pioneer of thus feature and leader of camera cell sensors
¿S9+ vs XZ2?
What are they and where? Sony has a video of low quality and color in the videos at the time of the account that needs color and details, has problems with noise cancellation, the photos with a lot of noise and the details really creep silly, the stabilization of the Sony's camera is bad and because it does not matter in comparison to S9 +
A Sony worth buying... That is something i have to see in person... But when price drops ofc. =')