bassist, 20 Nov 2018I failed to notice, anywhere in the review, any mention of call quality. I would love to read... moreThe call quality is superb with support of dual 4g and having 4g + which is excellent...using it since 2 months
I failed to notice, anywhere in the review, any mention of call quality. I would love to read any comments.
I've used pocophone f1 (6/128GB, made in china) for almost 3 months and it is one of the best usd350 phone there is, provided you can accept it's few quirks :
1. For battery percentage & notifications, you must swipe down once a while.
2. Single color (white) small led light for every notifications.
3. If you buy india or indonesia set there's a high chance of screen bleeding because of that countries' quality control. Better look for china-made set if you're buying online or cannot test the set beforehand. I bought mine from mi shop. No problem with screen bleed or touch issues.
If you can live with all of that, you will have :
1. Best value phone with snapdragon 845 most middle range phones comes with middle range SOC like snapdragon 660. Every games runs smooth at highest setting.
2. Every touch & gestures are slick & smooth with no lag whatsoever.
3. Superb battery life. I got 1.5 to 2 days on a single full charge.
4. No uncomfortable heat felt during 2 hours of pubg (HDR + Ultra + anti-alising on). Max temp is 41 degrees C. Thanks to copper heat pipe dissipating the heat efficiently from the SOC.
5. 6Gb of RAM & 128 GB of internal memory with expandable SD Card slot up to 256 GB. This will future proof your phone for at least 2 years.
6. MIMO wifi capabilities. Snapdragon 845 uses 2.4 & 5GHz wifi. This makes download & upload extremely fast compared to phones using mid range SOC.
7. 3.5mm headphone jack. A luxury item nowadays not found even in more expensive apple phones. You can use your earphones / headphones with your pocophone f1 while charging without bringing and using extra dongle. Isn't pocophone f1 wonderful for giving you the freedom on how to use your device.
Tips for new Pocophone F1 owner :
1. Turn off ad : Setting > Additional Setting > Privacy > Ad Services > Turn Off.
2. On native browser (not chrome) turn of ad : In Mi browser click Setting > Privacy & Security > Recommendation > Turn off.
3. If possible turn off every automatic updates for MIUI & apps. I do this on every phone I ever had & it saves me from losing functions & decreasing battery life. YMMV. Peace.
I'm between poco f1 honor 10 and honor 8x which one should I buy?
BrendonF, 12 Nov 2018Actually the screen is very good. Gsmarena has rated it as a highly calibrated screen which fe... moreAs highlighted in my post, I am clearly repeating the opinions of another poster regarding this phone. I don't have any experience with the pocophone and wanted others that give me them opinions on the points addressed (by others) that I have put forward. Judging from how the post is set out, that's kinda obvious.
Can anyone help me in finding non camera phone where I can use WhatsApp or music player.
Pocophone F1!? More like Pocophone F100 because 100 is longer to count to so therefore it takes more time to get to, I'm insinuating that the phone is worse.
Had watch some vedio on you tube which shows Poco F1 fails drop test. Does any one faced same issue that screen shattered when it fell down from low height.
I had it for a month now, been trough a couple of decently important updates and could feel the step-up, the phone gotta say cannot cool down as much you would expect. it does get warm for some mysterious reason (may be software issue), regardless of the game you may be playing. doesn't matter if its a low end game. Material does feel mid range but if that translate to sensical price I'm all down for it
1. Headphone jack should be on the bottom. (whyyy :( )
2. may heat up a little bit while simple gaming use.
3. notch are nasty.
4. Not water resistant is a bummer.
5. No wireless charging. (not a deal breaker)
Phone does feel a little bit mid range like. but price does make up for it a lot.
geewaiho, 04 Nov 2018My Last xiaomi phone was the xiaomi note 2 ages ago, was looking for a good Chinese phone to m... moreActually the screen is very good. Gsmarena has rated it as a highly calibrated screen which few people can match.
So on those two points at least you are dead wrong.
Of course I wish sometimes the brightness could be a bit higher outdoors but I have no major issues using the phone outside.
About the phone durability again Jerry rig tested the phone and it scored very decently so his findings contradict yours.
In this day and age with glass phones i highly recommend people use a case and tempered glass which i do and I don't face any issues. I have seen plenty of cracked glass back phones that any future phone I get will have a case and tempered glass.
There is a 10 min process where you can disable ads. In the installation itself there was an option that i ticked no and I never seen any ads except on my browser. So while your point is technically true it can be removed completely.
The cameras are pretty great actually and ois is the only thing missing. Your statement about cameras contradicts gsmarena again
About battery charging it supports qualcomm qc 4.0 which is the latest fast charging technology from qualcomm. Some Chinese manufacturers offer faster charging but that is very propriety. This phone works fine with any quick charger 3.0. So you were wrong again over there.
About Android update you are partially correct. But they have confirmed two os updates. Pie and the next one. And with very good dev support you have lots of choices via custom roms.
Lack of nfc is quite well known now. Not sure why that is a separate point?
You forgot to mention the lack of widevine L1 support which is a problem if you like to stream neflix hd videos. That's the only real disadvantage for this phone which IMO is insane VFM.
Since you have spread so much rubbish in your post perhaps you would like to tell us which $300 phone you recommend :)
I am having POCO F1 with 8gb RAM & 256Gb storage bought on 5th Sept 2018.
1) touch screen is poor
2) gets hanged occasionally
3) sometimes phone behaves irreverently
4) though being flagship product of MI, it lacks IR facility.
rahul, 18 Sep 2018should i buy note 5 pro or POCO f1 ?Reason, Touch sensitivity is not so great.
Anonymous, 24 Aug 2018"After reviewing this little phone, I think GSMa team don't even think about Zenfone series."
... moreUntil you read the comments on Asus Zenfone Max Pro.
I am seeking for new smartphone myself. Asus promising battery life catch my attention.
Somehow, review telling new update on asus draining the batt life, bugs everywhere doesnt excite me.
Im still reviewing pocophone F1 for my current lenovo p2.