Just got this phone, had a SE k800i before. Been using it for about 1 week now and sad to say i'm returning it to orange for a different model. Probably the K850i ugly mini brick. Had loads of phones in the past, nokia's, motorola's, sony ericsson's & a samsung. Always seem to come back to sony ericssons though!
Compared to my previous k800i i make the following judgements...
- Gorgeous phone, looks great, lightweight
- Great screen, nice slide mechanism
- Small and compact
- Packed with loads of useful features
- Comes with 1GB memory card
- Camera is terrible, no flash, no autofocus.(i know it's primarily a walkman phone but the camera is awful)
- Internal speaker that plays your ringtones and music is awfull compared to my old phone! this is probably because its so compact.
- When making a call it is rather quiet and tinny even on it's loudest setting.
- Pretty slow when browsing through music and playing
- Vibrate function is barely noticable
- It keeps locking up or restarting itself at least twice a day. Firmware update didn't solve the issue. Black screen, red light do a search on google to find the hundreds of other people out there who have the same problem.
If you like a snazzy looking phone that will impress your mates and play tunes get this phone. If you want a phone that is reliable and does all the things a should do well... dont buy this phone.
i bought the phone 2 weeks ago and i have to say it is awsome allthough its expensive and has gd features but not very gd features...but yet an awsome sound and loud speaker...SEu should improve the cam and features for future phones
this is a fantstic handset but how does pedometer work do not seem to have this feature
Yes it is a good phone. But I don't know SE didn't include WLAN and a good camera with QVGA @30 FPS video recording. In this area Nokia is N95 8GB is best.
nokia n95 £470 = 5 megapixels
sony ericsson w910i = £280 very loud speaker
nokia n80 = dunno (lol)
Simply the best phone I have ever used.
1) Shake to change songs rock
2) I was amazed to see how my songs got classified on Happy/Sad and Fast/Slow Mode - Its a magic
3) Marbles games redefines how you play game - with motion sensor
4) USB Memory card adapter with 2GB card means... that I got a 2GB pen drive Free - with USB 2.0 interface
5) I used Youtube on W910 and i got amazing speed
6) Used the podcast (downloaded from ibnlive) and its amazing
7) Was pleasently surprized to see the Smart Search feature of contacts - the fastest way to dial a number from the standby screen
8) Video quality is amazing - with large auto rotating screen
I think its a great value for money. Its only 7 seven days that I have got this phone and it seems I have only discovered 25% so far.
If u want advanced camera features,buy a k850/k810.this phone is the best ever combination of large screen/slim size ,long battery life. And now ,while i'm watching a slide show of my favorite pics,while listening to my favorite tracks,while drinking a beer under the coconuts,of a mauritian beach! Merry Xmas - Happy New Year!?
This phone is really unexpected for its expensive price.
Videos go off-sync when auto-adjusting the orientation while viewing them. What's worse is that you CANNOT zoom while taking normal 2 mega-pixel photos. You can only zoom when taking VGA photos, panorama, burst-shot or while shooting a video. Having no auto-focus is also what disappoints me.
If you're like me, the type who likes a phone with fast responsiveness, or cameras that can zoom and auto-focus, spend this sum of money on another phone instead. The W910 has disappointed me.
its cool phone n great sound.. i bought last 2week. it great walkman i use. no hang..
Those problems what you read from news is due firmware issues, e.g. Orange wants to have their own firmware on its phones. It isnt SE fault at all.
quoted also from the same review on www.mobile-review.com
Based on this positioning, ((this model shouldn’t have any other device standing above it, and the truth is, there are none)). The Sony Ericsson W890i comes as close to the W910i as it gets, but it utilizes a candybar-shaped form, and this is a fashion-savvy branch of the Walkman line-up. That is why its closest sibling in the range is the Sony Ericsson W580i, since they share a lot of things, specifically they both have pedometers onboard, Shake Control options, even though the W580i doesn’t have much of the latter.
quoted from www.mobile-review.com:
"...Regrettably, given that average sonic experience it delivers, we can’t really call it a true music-heavy solution. This, ridiculous it may sound, though, is getting to be pretty much true of all Walkman-branded phones. Probably, after spotting the Walkman logo, some will imagine its sound-related marvels, but sadly these are only dreams and groundless thoughts. On every single blind test, the Sony Ericsson’s product ended up behind the Ultra Music and the XPressMusic solutions."
Nice design, but it requires better features, i would have expected this poor performance from motorola not sonyericsson
well,this is my 1st comment,im marketing of SE Phones in medan
just want to tell about the price of w910,in indonesia the price is Rp.3.650.000,- maybe in USD about $401 tx.
Just want comment to SE too,they must improve about the display,they must put 16M to their display,like nokia....
SE keep Improving....
sexy phone . owesome looks specially one in red . sony ericson should do more marketing about this phone . people have not mentioned this mobile's price . i am using nokia n82 , my friend nokia n73 , my sister nokia n93 . but not happy with the features . se w910 looks attractive but like to know the price . pls reply
The phone is not K-series, that's why Sony Ericsson didn't 3.2 or 5 mega.pixel. However, it has a lots of unusual features. i have some little information about SE's phone series..
W-for walkaman,music K- camera (kamera in italian) Z- fashion P and M- PDA, smartphone
What a nice move from sony by removing the extra key which is use for back and use the key that is located above the end call button which could always be found/similar to nokia's back key.
This issue is solely affecting Orange-branded versions of the phone, but that because of the way that Orange like to 'bork' their handset with over the top branding and a 'home' screen!