Ark1985, 26 Mar 2019Current happy owner of Exynos S10e (128/6GB) Prism White
1) Flat screen, Dynamic Amo... moreGreat review, I currently have an "ancient" Xperia XZ and I absolutely hate what Sony did with their line-up... After being with Xperia since my last Samsung (Galaxy S3) I had the indestructible Xperia Acro S, and then the fragiles Z1C and Z3C... right now I am seriously considering this phone due to a number of design choices that I like....
- I still like Flat displays just like you said, I never wanted a Samsung flagship since they moved to the dumb curved edge (unnecessary reflections with little gain).
- I love Sony's side mounted fingerprint scanners, and while it is placed very high on this phone I would adapt better than having it on the back or front.
- Finally, the size is perfect, IMO, cause I already loved compact phones in the Z1C and Z3C era, but after the XZ I got used to the "normal" big size, however I don't want to keep getting used to even bigger devices, so this seems perfect for me.
1080p is adecuate, performance seems great, cameras seems good enough, and price is a lot better to swallow than the 900$ Asus ROG Phone that I wanted to get before this one... (specially since Asus has very little support worldwide).
Looking forward to get this and see what has Samsung done in the recent years...
Super super super
Jul, 04 Apr 2019Can I ask you what is your specific way of useing yours10e so you can achieve such great SOT r... more I play a lot of online video games like FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS , AND MADDEN OVERDRIVE ON MY S10e. I only get 5 hours of battery life out of it, whether I play games for 5 hours, or leave it in my pocket the entire time.
Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Don't spread wrong info boy. I have s10e and it is a beast in battery department. It can get 8... moreCan I ask you what is your specific way of useing yours10e so you can achieve such great SOT results? Thanks in advance.
Ark1985, 26 Mar 2019Current happy owner of Exynos S10e (128/6GB) Prism White Pros: 1) Flat screen, Dynamic Amo... moreThank you so much for your detailed review. I really appreciate it. I am glad there is someone who really understands what to look for when it comes to tech specs and user experience.
Still love the S7 flat till now
Current happy owner of Exynos S10e (128/6GB) Prism White
1) Flat screen, Dynamic Amoled is awesome! 1080p works great! Damn thin bezels! The cut out is one of the best compromises, better than those stupid notches. No curved display which is a big plus for me, i actually quited samsung after Note 3 because they introduced the infinity display.
2) The capacitive side fingerprint scanner is very ACCURATE and fast! Love it than some fancy Ultrasonic FP that doesn't 100% work. The overall feel in my hand is very great as it is a compact sized phone and it felt magical and comfortable compared to those big ass phones (yes iphone 7 plus and those huge devices)
3) Very smooth and blazing fast, do not believe those bullshit by some ppl here saying lags or stutters. Zero issues. Built in optimiser for clearing memory and cache! One UI may seem cartoony, but i have zero issues and enjoyed those extra features that Samsung offers!
4) Camera is stellar but night time shots could be better. Video quality is on par with Iphone XS max. I say this because the video quality is really great and detailed. Wide Angle is nice to have as well ^_^
5) Audio quality is simply dope. Loud clear and rich. But it is another different level when you activate that DOLBY ATMOS. You want to enjoy music? This is the phone to get besides the LG V series. IT has a 3.5MM JACK if you are into wired audio.
6) Battery life, i can completely got a FULL DAY use with 10-15% left. Yes it is 3100 mah, but it really works wonders, especially you switched on Bluetooth, GPS, LTE, WIFI and Dolby Atmos. SOT 5-6 hours with moderate usage without gaming. Standby drain is kinda weird, not stellar, but not as serious as described by some of the ppl here. In fact, the battery drain less when you switched on all as i said above! But I do not use Always on Display and i set battery mode to adaptive mode. Just do not compare this with those phones with 4000-5000mah batteries. It has been great for me.
7) Heat and performance, this Exynos is totally fine, just that it is a glass phone, make sure do not use those cases with poor cooling space. I ripped off the original plastic screen protector (which actually makes your phone heats up!) and slapped on a Ringke Fusion case, no heating issues at all.
8) Charging is QC2.0 slower but for 3100 capacity, it is quite fast, 15W i can charge from 10% to 100% full in just an hour. No heating up at all during the charging phase! Do not believe those misleading comments here.
Overall i am really satisfied with my S10e Prism White. That form factor and convenience with one hand, perfectly wins Iphone XR and SE on every aspect hands down! (Not to mention i got it during promotion, which is cheaper and has free Galaxy Buds!)
One tip, disable background activity for those stupid heavy apps such as Facebook. You will noticed the world is a better place haha.
Buy this if you appreciate compact phones. Otherwise, get S10 or S10+.
the first ever person who created punch hole mask wallpaper, deserves a Nobel Prize
The Pocophone doesn't function in the same countries so its not a competitor.
punch hole suck
i like this phone.
i got this phone on launch day so ive had it for 3 weeks now i have 0 complaints battery life may not be the best for some but for me a guy cominf from the original razer phone which imo at least had HOOOORRIBLE battery life this is a decent upgrade if your sick and tired of flagship phones being huge and bulky this may be a good choice for you
Anonymous, 22 Mar 2019It's awful, just as expected. Yeah the screen might be good but the battery life is a joke. My... moreLiar. Did you use S10e? It has a better endurance rating of 83 hr compared to your Xperia's 78 hr.
Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Don't spread wrong info boy. I have s10e and it is a beast in battery department. It can get 8... moreSnapdragon or Exynos? The Exynos version is so much worse. I'm glad i avoid Samsung cause they haven't delivered a flagship with decent battery in ages it feels like.. No matter how good everything is that would feel like a massive downgrade to me.
It's awful, just as expected. Yeah the screen might be good but the battery life is a joke. My Xperia 10 Plus lasts longer with absolutely NOTHING going for it..
For the price, this is Not enough time battery. Clearly a fail from Samsung. Doesn't matter what optimization companies use, We need 4000+Mah on top of it.
Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Don't spread wrong info boy. I have s10e and it is a beast in battery department. It can get 8... more I play video games all day long, so my usage and battery life could be different from your. Today, it lasted more than 5 hours for the 1st time since I got it.
Are you using the Exynos or Sanpdragon version?
Anonymous, 21 Mar 2019Fingerprint reader is in best place for me, but i don't have small hands.I stilll prefer home button A5 etc..just pop on go ! its natural feeling. I hate having to go to the power button side of phones! i never have brain not trained.