Nicolas F, 04 Apr 2019Honor View 20 has no memory card slots: https://m.gsmarena.com/honor_view_20-review-1880p2.php
Sure, but did you know gsmarena changed the specs several times? From NM card to SD card, then to no card? Some sources say it has NM card slot, and some say it doesn't have, and those that say it doesn't have took the specs from here, so I tend to believe it has a NM card slot.
The idea of the NM card is that you can use the second SIM tray as a NM card slot. It would have been criminal from Huawei not to use it after such a huge investment in the format and after making it so facile to implement in a phone.
Anonymous, 01 Apr 2019"Since the 48MP camera is binning four pixels into one, it is able to capture ample amounts of... moreI am using this phone from 10 days & so & i found 48mp picture is better then 12mp. If i compare as sharpness, contrast, details & dynamic range. 4 pixel binning to 1 logic does not seems correct to me.
Notsure, 03 Apr 2019Yes, it has. All Huawei/Honor flagships have it lately.Honor View 20 has no memory card slots: https://m.gsmarena.com/honor_view_20-review-1880p2.php
Notsure, 03 Apr 2019They're selling phones with NM slots for almost one year now. This isn't how you promote a sta... moreThe View 20 doesn't even have expandable memory.. Wonder how you relate giving it a pass and NM cards together..
Anonymous, 02 Apr 2019Which way is it better may I know please?Mate 20 is better than View 20 because:
- hole-punch in View 20 is more obtrusive than waterdrop notch in Mate 20; also, the corner line of pixels around hole in View 20 is useless - why not move camera to the side and let all pixels be useful?
- TOF-camera in View 20 is useless gimmick, while Mate 20 has real [12 MP 1.55µm] main camera (which is better than just an imitation of [12 MP 1.6µm] in View 20 main camera), telephoto camera (also capable of boke effect, so no advantage of TOF here too) and ultra-wide camera;
- Mate 20 has 3.1 mm more (than View 20) width to its display while having only 1.8 mm more width to its body;
- Mate 20 has RGBW display which results in more on-screen battery life in applications where there is many white areas (like in OLED's with black), especially web-browsing;
- Mate 20 has stereo-speakers (and FM radio for those who need it);
- View 20 makes you pay for its fancy back design even if you don't want to;
Mate 20 is better than Mate 20 Pro because:
- Mate 20 has flat display; curved display has many cons:
- it is more expensive than the same flat screen;
- it distorts content;
- it can cause accidental touches (yeah, no smartphone is to be used without a case, but still; and case with curved display can interfere with gesture navigation, so it's still a flaw);
- it is unnecessary because slim side bezels can be achieved without curvation of display - and Mate 20 is a proof of that (also Meizu 15 series)!
- GSMArena test shows Mate 20 Pro has less battery life (and just less than hour more in video - on OLED display, Carl!) than Mate 20 with bigger battery capacity - yes, it has QHD display (not so necessary even on OLED) and UDFP - but it's their concern to make them more energy efficient, not mine;
so guys honor view 20 at 420,mi mix 3 at 390,p20 pro at 385 or mi9 at 440 euroes?
BelowAverageAndroid, 03 Apr 2019Well, the NM cards are still a new product, so you just have to wait. It might not be availabl... moreThey're selling phones with NM slots for almost one year now. This isn't how you promote a standard. I've skipped the Mate 20 because of this and now the View 20. The Poco F1 tempted me, but I can't stand the huge notch and the fairly big bezels. Maybe F2 will be ok if it's LCD. I'm looking for an LCD one because my usage is prone to burn in. Or maybe the godamn NM cards will show up.
I am using Honor V20 from a week & i hardly noticed its has a unused black spot in the display.
Notsure, 03 Apr 2019And I still can't find a 256GB NM card. Why invent a standard and then not support it? Did the... moreWell, the NM cards are still a new product, so you just have to wait. It might not be available for your country. Remember, availability exists for a reason.
And I still can't find a 256GB NM card. Why invent a standard and then not support it? Did they expect all card manufacturers to switch to this and maybe even tax them at some point? No, not gonna happen, so stop being lazy and disrespectful to clients and provide the goddamn cards to us!
For me a long term is after at elast 6-8month.
It barely made 4 months...
This phone has one of the coolest looking back panels on the smartphone market. Especially the black color one looks phenomenal. It also helps that the phone is packing high specs, a large battery & a great camera to make it a fully enticing package for the price.
Anonymous, 02 Apr 2019Zoomed picture means cropping out the outer parts hence pixel binning is not available.. GSMAr... moreNo, it doesn't make sense to say that the zoomed image is softer due to the lack of pixel binning. As I said 48 to 12 megapixel pixel binning doesn't lead to sharper results than a normal 12 megapixel sensor. A 2x crop of a 48 megapixel sensor has 12 megapixels, of course there is no pixel binning, otherwise a 2x zoom would only have 3 effective megapixels, which would lead to less(!) details in good light conditions.
I recently git myself the View 20.. One subtle thing i liked is that even though the defailt launcher is iOS "inspired", it gave me an option to enable the app tray.. I've gone from OnePlus to Iphone and back to Honor and only major problem i had with the iphone was the "all apps on home screens".. Other than that the pain file sharing is to android phones..
Anonymous, 01 Apr 2019"The zoomed pictures still look okay but noticeably inferior in details since there's no pixel... moreYou are just vaguely throwing around terms here. How can you claim pixel binning with a 48mp doesn't give you any advantage over a 12mp sensor?? Unless your 12mp sensor is same size as your 48mp there is a definite advantage of a 48mp taking 12mp photos with pixel binning.
Anonymous, 01 Apr 2019"The zoomed pictures still look okay but noticeably inferior in details since there's no pixel... moreZoomed picture means cropping out the outer parts hence pixel binning is not available.. GSMArena is correct.. You just misunderstood what he is being conveyed