Here are a list of reasons why people are criticizing the LG G8 ThinQ phone.
1. The sound that the Camera app makes when you make a photo, which is not practical when you need to make photos at nighttime without waking up people from the Camera app noise. So, you have to download an app to get rid of the Camera app noise so you can make photos quietly without disturbing people at nighttime.
2. The lack of freedom of being able to keep the screen on permanently so you can read things without the screen turning off, which is not practical when you are trying to read things for a long time and the system turns off the screen when you are trying to read recipes while cooking. So, you would have to download another app, but this app will be for getting the screen to stay on permanently or until you are done reading.
3. The lack of improvement and practicality in the preinstalled File Manager app when the phone is in factory condition. You have to download yet another app to get a practical file manager app that makes time used efficiently.
4. The lack of freedom to make apps easily organized into alphabetical order without having to waste time switching Home Screens.
5. The sound in this phone sounds distorted if the volume is increased above 80% because LG is selling broken audio systems in their newer phones, which means the LG G8 ThinQ phone is a downgrade in regards to sound quality.
6. Needing to put the phone in Developer Mode to get the screen to stay on while the phone is charging means that the phone users will have to waste their precious time to make their phones used for practical tasks that require the screen to stay on for a long time. If you're kidnapped and you need to use your LG G8 ThinQ phone to escape from kidnappers, your phone screen may turn off at an inconvenient time for you.
7. The preinstalled Music app does not let the phone users have freedom to organize their music the way they want to as much as other music apps such as the jetAudio app.
8. LG G8 ThinQ's screen looks unprofessional and tacky when long and wide videos are being watched on it because the LG G8 ThinQ has a notch that blocks some parts of the videos when long and wide videos get played.
9. Making the LG G8 ThinQ phone become rootable has become challenging because nerds that want to tinker with the LG G8 ThinQ software will have to figure out how to root their phones on their own.
10. Google has made LG G8 ThinQ a privacy nightmare.
11. WiFi connectivity is not very good on this phone.
12. Quality in regards to LG G8 ThinQ overall is lower than some of the previous LG phones even though the employees of the LG company added new features to the LG G8 ThinQ.
13. Some apps may crash on the LG G8 ThinQ phone because it has 6 GBs of RAM instead of 8 GBs of RAM despite it being the year of 2020.
14. Asus phones usually surpass LG phones in almost every way now.
15. Prices on this phone are too high considering that this phone has a broken audio system that makes music sound distorted if the volume is above 80% and because this phone is not good for practical tasks unless you download apps that may be intrusive at the expense of your privacy and may crash because LG won't make trustworthy promises of good quality products anymore.
All in all, LG G8 ThinQ in its factory condition is nothing more than an impractical toy that is a downgrade and a privacy nightmare despite its new features until you download apps and fix its broken audio system. Good luck fixing its broken audio system because LG doesn't want you tinkering with their toys if you're not an LG employee.
Over the years LG has always impressed me with their mobile phones, until now. The one basic feature which I require is the ability to play my music through Bluetooth. This device will not allow that. I am regretting this particular device on that aspect. Should have done more research.
For those who's mocking LG I think knows nothing about LG's products , OR.. taking some candies from Samsung .
Note7 owner, 05 Oct 2019Serious question, have you ever used this phone for an extended period of time? THAT'S WHAT IM SAYING, like the LG v40 was great in my opinion. IV had alot of LG's and they where all pretty good. I honestly don't understand why people bash on LG so much.
Nicolas L, 27 Aug 2019hoping that will be better than the lgg7 .... worst phone ever had .... very weak reception co... moreI've had lg phones going back even b4 the v30, and I trying to stick with lg, HOWEVER the LG G8 is the worst phone yet. The network connection SUCKS. Can't even stream a YouTube clip sometimes. I could be standing right at an tower and get a buffer wheel. Im a photographer as well and the display has way to much saturation even after turning the saturation all the way down. The battery life sucks as well. Totally disappointed in the LG G8, and Im seriously considering a different maker when this contract is up. GARBAGE!
Hello Life, 06 Oct 2019No thatÂ’s why I read Gsmarena reviews. They are really the best. The fact that the con list i... moreNo. Quite the opposite... Uhm, maybe the money flows from Samsung?
That's why the review says LG G8's bad.
And audio prowess of this phone never been exposed. Poor review in general...
Note7 owner, 23 Oct 2019Reading a review suddenly makes one an expert, lol yes it makes me. That goes to show how good gsmarena reviews are after all. Very comprehensive and unbiased. I purchase my phones based on their smartphone buyers guide, and everything they mention in their reviews matches pie to pie.
Note7 owner, 05 Oct 2019Serious question, have you ever used this phone for an extended period of time? No thatÂ’s why I read Gsmarena reviews. They are really the best. The fact that the con list is bigger than the pro list in Gsmarena verdict itself makes the phone crap. Now the design looks equally bad and boring. So theres that. Why are you so defensive again? Received money from LG?
Mij, 30 Aug 2019Does this phone fail with Android Auto like the G7 ThinQ?Never have had it fail before or after the new Auto update. By the way the new Android Auto works much much better than the old.
Hello Life, 29 Sep 2019How can such an old brand create such a horrible phone. Cheap chinese brands are doing 100 tim... moreSerious question, have you ever used this phone for an extended period of time?
How can such an old brand create such a horrible phone. Cheap chinese brands are doing 100 times better
Love the LG G8 ThinQ bought it after having had the LG V20 for almost 3 years and was also extremely impressed and pleased with it as well. Have always had LG smart phones since 2009 and have always been happy with them, very fast and responsive phone. It also has incredible graphics and great processor, games don't lag even on high settings. Battery life is quite good as well. Overall very happy with the LG G8 ThinQ.
People complaining about the notch.. seriously?
Look at the lastest iPhones and their notches...!! And people drool over them?!
Also, I don't see any other phone in the market offering 3D face unlock (much secured), Hand ID unlock (vein scanning!), knock code unlock, finger print unlock, pattern, pin.... and there are still people who complain!!
Come on guys... don't just choose to talk about the trivial things that you conveniently ignore with other brands. Appreciate the good work done by LG. If only they release updates on time.. this is the BEST!