Wtf, the screen of s10e is giant 5.8 inch, how you can call it small?
iPhone Xr> samsung s10e
Anonymous, 30 Apr 2019Videos on S10e are rendered by the display at around 720p, even if the input is 1080p or highe... moreWow, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Amoled does not behave like that at all, where did you pick up such ridiculous ideas?
A pentile AMOLED screen has a green subpixel for every pixel on the screen and the red and blue are alternately spaced around them. This mimic's the biology of the human eye which has many more green photo receptors than red or blue.
A 1080p video or any other content is fed to the display controller as 1080p, the red and blue channels are averaged to the surrounding subpixels with a subpixel rendering algorithm, there is some loss of clarity in but at these resolutions our eyes are not particularly sensitive to it.
There is certainly not the halving of spatial resolution that you suggest and the downscaling that you insinuate doesn't happen unless the screen resolution is set lower than native (which is a thing samsung do out the box).
A little research would tell you this.
iDroid, 30 Apr 2019Sharper..better bla bla...watevr BS of an excuse iFanatics build..u still can't watch videos o... moreVideos on S10e are rendered by the display at around 720p, even if the input is 1080p or higher. That’s how 1080p amoled works.
So the XR actually outputs better looking images and video with its 828p panel.
This is not about samsung vs Apple, its about pentile amoled vs rgb LCDs used by all phone manufacturers.
1080p amoled is as good as 720p LCD
1440p amoled is as good as 960p LCD
1620p amoled is as good as 1080p LCD
Wow these two phones sure look nice and are worth owning if you have the money to spend. Great gadgets to use and stylish.
Anonymous, 26 Apr 2019If you think that this is technical BS, then you don't really understand technology and the wa... moreSharper..better bla bla...watevr BS of an excuse iFanatics build..u still can't watch videos over 720p resolution! Say wat now?
Anonymous, 27 Apr 2019You gotta love the support for an inferior display.
What next retina display?
Steve Jobs g... moreLOL
The XR display is sharper in reality and mathematically than the s10e.
It seems that most people just like to see the specs.
As always. Remember the core wars and the megapixel wars?
Same here. My 720p amoled galaxy j6 has the worst screen on earth. I can count the pixels! Pentile!!!!!!
You gotta love the support for an inferior display.
What next retina display?
Steve Jobs gimmicks lol
How funny to read below that some people bragging about biased LCD over amoled. I mean in this case even isn't debatable lol
Wake me up when most of reviewer and enthusiast out there start to praise LCD over amoled.
Ozzy, 26 Apr 2019Keep repeating this same false information. A 2280x1080 screen is superior to 1792 x 828, whet... moreIf you think that this is technical BS, then you don't really understand technology and the way displays work. Research is your friend and all the info is freely available on the internet.
An 1080p amoled screen is not sharper than a 720p LCD. It physically can't be due to its physical limitations.
Dealler, 26 Apr 2019Stop spreading this BS already, it´s not true and you´re just making fool of yours... moreThose are facts and everyone can check them. This has been the case since amoled panels were introduced.
Anonymous, 26 Apr 2019The information input on amoled screens is not equal to the output. That's because of the diam... moreStop spreading this BS already, it´s not true and you´re just making fool of yourself by defending Apple so poorly.
Anonymous, 26 Apr 2019The information input on amoled screens is not equal to the output. That's because of the diam... moreKeep repeating this same false information. A 2280x1080 screen is superior to 1792 x 828, whether AMOLED or LCD. Stop spreading lies and hiding behind technical jargon, you don't even know what you are talking about.
Anonymous, 26 Apr 2019The information input on amoled screens is not equal to the output. That's because of the diam... moreTypo: in a 4x4 pixel input, amoleds (having 32 subpixels) need 16* more subpixels in order to reach LCD sharpness which render images from 48 subpixels.
aks.x, 26 Apr 2019that doesn't change resolutions from 1080p to 720p
i understand pentile subpixel conceptThe information input on amoled screens is not equal to the output. That's because of the diamond/pentile arrangement and it does change the image quality and sharpness, so 1080p amoled outputs the same sharpness and image quality as a 720p LCD.
On a 4x4 rendered pixel grid, LCDs have 48 total subpixels to display the information they receive from the GPU, while amoleds have only 32 available subpixels to display the same information. So amoled needs 12 subpixels more to be on par with LCD sharpness.
That's why amoleds come with higher logical pixel inputs (from the GPU): because the physical output of the physical pixels is 1/3 less sharp and less dense than on LCDs.
In terms of sharpness and image quality:
1080p amoled is equivalent to 720p LCD
1440p amoled is equivalent to 960p LCD
1620p amoled is equivalent to 1080p LCD
450 ppi amoled = 300 ppi LCD
500 ppi amoled = 333 ppi LCD
550 ppi amoled = 367 ppi LCD
Anonymous, 23 Apr 2019Thats pentile arrangement vs rgb matrix. The pentile/diamond layout outputs 1/3 lower sharpnes... morethat doesn't change resolutions from 1080p to 720p
i understand pentile subpixel concept
WARNING: Apple gets flamed. If you an iPhone lover and hopes it beats the Samsung, then go watch a Youtube video.
Current happy owner of Exynos S10e (128/6GB) Prism White
1) Flat screen, Dynamic Amoled is awesome! 1080p works great! Damn thin bezels! The cut out is one of the best compromises, better than those stupid notches. No curved display which is a big plus for me, i actually quited samsung after Note 3 because they introduced the infinity display.
2) The capacitive side fingerprint scanner is very ACCURATE and fast! Love it than some fancy Ultrasonic FP that doesn't 100% work. The overall feel in my hand is very great as it is a compact sized phone and it felt magical and comfortable compared to those big ass phones (yes iphone 7 plus and those huge devices)
3) Very smooth and blazing fast, do not believe those bullshit by some ppl saying lags or stutters. Zero issues. Built in optimiser for clearing memory and cache! One UI may seem cartoony, but i have zero issues and enjoyed those extra features that Samsung offers!
4) Camera is stellar but night time shots could be better. Video quality is on par with Iphone XS max. I say this because the video quality is really great and detailed. Wide Angle is nice to have as well ^_^
5) Audio quality is simply dope. Loud clear and rich. But it is another different level when you activate that DOLBY ATMOS. You want to enjoy music? This is the phone to get besides the LG V series. IT has a 3.5MM JACK if you are into wired audio.
Cannot believe it when i mentionned this 3.5mm Jack as a feature, how time flies.
6) Battery life, i can completely got a FULL DAY use with 10-15% left. Yes it is 3100 mah, but it really works wonders, especially you switched on Bluetooth, GPS, LTE, WIFI and Dolby Atmos. SOT 5-6 hours with moderate usage without gaming. Standby drain is kinda weird, not stellar, but not bad. In fact, the battery drain less when you switched on all as i said above! But I do not use Always on Display and i set battery mode to adaptive mode. Just do not compare this with those phones with 4000-5000mah batteries. It has been great for me.
After the March update, it gets even better (battery life)
7) Heat and performance, this Exynos is totally fine, just that it is a glass phone, make sure do not use those cases with poor cooling space. I ripped off the original plastic screen protector (which actually makes your phone heats up!) and slapped on a Ringke Fusion case, no heating issues at all.
8) Charging is QC2.0 slower but for 3100 capacity, it is quite fast, 15W i can charge from 10% to 100% full in just an hour. No heating up at all during the charging phase! Do not believe those misleading comments here.
Overall i am really satisfied with my S10e Prism White. That form factor, flat screen and convenience with one hand, perfectly wins Iphone XR and SE on every aspect hands down! (Not to mention i got it during promotion, which is cheaper and has free Galaxy Buds!)
One tip, disable background activity for those stupid heavy apps such as Facebook. You will noticed the world is a better place haha.
Buy this if you appreciate compact phones. Otherwise, get S10 or S10+.