Current happy owner of Exynos S10e (128/6GB) Prism White
1) Flat screen, Dynamic Amoled is awesome! 1080p works great! Damn thin bezels! The cut out is one of the best compromises, better than those stupid notches. No curved display which is a big plus for me, i actually quited samsung after Note 3 because they introduced the infinity display.
2) The capacitive side fingerprint scanner is very ACCURATE and fast! Love it than some fancy Ultrasonic FP that doesn't 100% work. The overall feel in my hand is very great as it is a compact sized phone and it felt magical and comfortable compared to those big ass phones (yes iphone 7 plus and those huge devices)
3) Very smooth and blazing fast, do not believe those bullshit by some ppl saying lags or stutters. Zero issues. Built in optimiser for clearing memory and cache! One UI may seem cartoony, but i have zero issues and enjoyed those extra features that Samsung offers!
4) Camera is stellar but night time shots could be better. Video quality is on par with Iphone XS max. I say this because the video quality is really great and detailed. Wide Angle is nice to have as well ^_^
5) Audio quality is simply dope. Loud clear and rich. But it is another different level when you activate that DOLBY ATMOS. You want to enjoy music? This is the phone to get besides the LG V series. IT has a 3.5MM JACK if you are into wired audio.
Cannot believe it when i mentionned this 3.5mm Jack as a feature, how time flies.
6) Battery life, i can completely got a FULL DAY use with 10-15% left. Yes it is 3100 mah, but it really works wonders, especially you switched on Bluetooth, GPS, LTE, WIFI and Dolby Atmos. SOT 5-6 hours with moderate usage without gaming. Standby drain is kinda weird, not stellar, but not bad. In fact, the battery drain less when you switched on all as i said above! But I do not use Always on Display and i set battery mode to adaptive mode. Just do not compare this with those phones with 4000-5000mah batteries. It has been great for me.
After the March update, it gets even better (battery life)
7) Heat and performance, this Exynos is totally fine, just that it is a glass phone, make sure do not use those cases with poor cooling space. I ripped off the original plastic screen protector (which actually makes your phone heats up!) and slapped on a Ringke Fusion case, no heating issues at all.
8) Charging is QC2.0 slower but for 3100 capacity, it is quite fast, 15W i can charge from 10% to 100% full in just an hour. No heating up at all during the charging phase! Do not believe those misleading comments here.
Overall i am really satisfied with my S10e Prism White. That form factor, flat screen and convenience with one hand, perfectly wins Iphone XR and SE on every aspect hands down! (Not to mention i got it during promotion, which is cheaper and has free Galaxy Buds!)
One tip, disable background activity for those stupid heavy apps such as Facebook. You will noticed the world is a better place haha.
Buy this if you appreciate compact phones. Otherwise, get S10 or S10+.
Force Majeure, 24 Apr 201978h and 83h battery time, pure sh!t for a phone today that cost that much. Can get 30 hours mo... moreYep, but through either slower processor and/or bigger sized phone that can fit more battery.
No one wants unnecessarely large devices. And if they do, they can always buy iPads.
Force Majeure, 24 Apr 201978h and 83h battery time, pure sh!t for a phone today that cost that much. Can get 30 hours mo... moreSo you only care about battery life? Ok then phones with =>4.000 mah battery, and =
78h and 83h battery time, pure sh!t for a phone today that cost that much. Can get 30 hours more for €200-300.
I use both os flatform, if you want great value for money get the iPhone xr because you will get 4 years support unlike android limited to 2 years only. You don't need to buy 2 devices for 4 years especially if you're not using your phone for gaming the battery will lasts long. However if you plan to upgrade every 2 years and money is not an issue get the S10e and you'll have a nice screen and you can customize your OS, launcher and look of your phone.
I am on the verge of getting a subsidized unit for resubscription. I have tallied both cons and pros of the latest iPhone X series versus the Galaxy 10e. Pretty much the 10e beats any iPhone, unless iOS ecosystem and some apps that only exist on iOS is anyone's priority.
I'm closer more to getting the XS because I see iPhones have finally have stereo audio recording for videos, OLED screens, good cameras, and snappy UI. I want to see what the fuss is after spending 8 years with Galaxy Note phones, and I grown out of bigger screens. XS it will be for two years. I'll keep my Note8 for some needed functions occasionally. I just want a smaller phone that the XR. 512 GB, baby!
I would get the Iphone XR, that punch hole on the side of the samsung i just don't like to see it. A co-worker of mine just got an s10 and after seeing that hole I just couldn't buy a phone with that.
BiyoBiyo JunJun, 24 Apr 2019just got less camera , u category them as mid range ? then , what u call for nokia 9 got 5 cam... moreOmg :D Nokia 9 is exotic device and it has 6 cameras - no ultrawide and no telephoto. Triple camera setup with these options is what the latest flagships have in 2019. Someone wrote before Mi9 cant be a flagship because of missing IP68 and stereo speakers and device with 720p screen and single camera was labeled as "budget flagship" lol, it is not a flagship at all. Latest SoC doesnt make from phone a flagship, otherwise Pocophone was flagship too. Once again, Xr is overpriced mid ranger - deal with it.
Kingslayer, 24 Apr 2019S10e and I don't even like Samsung. Only thing XR is better at is battery life. The S10e s... moreThey are compared because they both are the cheapest one of the today's flagship series, not because of the size of phone.
BiyoBiyo JunJun, 24 Apr 2019soo its wrong some people prefer lcd ? we must have led in our life ? why ? what happen to tho... moreIt's not about what people choose. It's about if you are paying that much money, they should provide something better than HD display. You should get the best LCD, not that. It's just too greedy for a company in 2019.
S10e and I don't even like Samsung. Only thing XR is better at is battery life.
The S10e should really be compared to the iPhone XS. It's actually smaller than it and really better.
BornInEU, 23 Apr 2019triple camera is missing too, so XR is closer to midrange phone just got less camera , u category them as mid range ? then , what u call for nokia 9 got 5 camera ?
ultra-range phone ?
TechEnthusiast, 23 Apr 2019I don't understand why people defend XR's screen. Its 720p LCD display. No matter how accurate... moresoo its wrong some people prefer lcd ? we must have led in our life ? why ? what happen to those people who prefer lcd ? are they gonna be blind or what ? how misrable their life is just because prefer lcd ?
i also still dont understand why people really bother with people who prefer lcd .....
Have been using an XR extensively now for 6 months I can honestly say it's very refined and a true pleasure to use.
No doubt the Galaxy S10e, it already costs considerably less than the iPhone XR and you will get a considerably more feature packed phone without the huge bezels of the iPhone.
aks.x, 23 Apr 2019Haha! What are you smoking?Thats pentile arrangement vs rgb matrix. The pentile/diamond layout outputs 1/3 lower sharpness than the same ppi rgb matrix.
A 300 ppi amoled screen has 33% less sharpness than a 300 ppi lcd screen.
I don't understand why people defend XR's screen. Its 720p LCD display. No matter how accurate the color representation is, if the screen is still LCD at $750 while other companies offer OLED as low as a price of $250-$350, you cant call XR a budget flagship phone.