Whackcar, 31 May 2019If someone from the GSMArena team is reading this, please review the Lenovo Z6 Pro. Good devic... moreIt's a China only device, for now. Not much point in a review of it until international version, and certified by Google, is released.
Very doubtful results of very expensive phone but you mark it as 4.5. it's obvious why..DxO, Rotten Tomatoes, GSMArena, Bloomberg - add others on your taste.
you can get p30 pro for 700$ from swappa
bad for oppo reno 10x sales this Huawei google ban dropping p30 pro and other Huawei phones prices
If someone from the GSMArena team is reading this, please review the Lenovo Z6 Pro. Good devices deserve to be reviewed.
Great hardware on very bad software support, even their previous flagship (find x) still running android oreo
Thank you GSM Arena for the review.
"When both use their night mode the difference is even more pronounced, the P30 Pro clearly handling the complicated processing much better."
Although overall they are like what you describe there, I'm not sure if you take into account the Reno 10x Zoom seems to be handling the highlights much better than the P30 Pro. The Reno significantly reduces blown highlights while the P30P leaves them blown, sometimes even more severe.
Anyway, Oppo has a winner product in the Reno 10x Zoom and your findings confirm this. Well done.
€800 price for Reno 10x? Are u guys sure abt that? Reno 10x was launched in India a few days back, it costs Rs 40,000 for the 126GB 6GB RAM version of the 10x. That translates to €500, which is significantly cheaper than OP7pro. I know in international markets Chinese phones r usually priced higher than in India, but a €300 difference seems a lot.
Where have your useful Sunlight Legibility tests gone? They must return!
"Shooting in 48MP is possible, but the images you'll get have little extra detail - far from enough to justify the increase in file size."
I just looked at the first sample image: Oppo doesn't use the 48 megapixel mode of the sensor. They just upscale the 12 megapixel results. This leads to upscaled demosaicing artifacts.
SpiritWolf, 31 May 2019As I can't edit my comment from the phone, I correct myself. How can a SOC be 'annoying'?Maybe he's talking about Huawei's in-house SoC KIRIN, behind Qualcomm in performance.
I got mine (China 6gb 128gb version) about a week ago. So far I'm very disappointed. I came from a regular Huawei p20. My main issues of disappointment are:
1. The camera. It takes nice photos of objects but the shutter speed is so much slower than my p20. The p20 chooses a much faster shutter speed in the same situations. This means that when taking pics of my kids they almost always come out blurry unless the weather conditions are perfect. For, me this is a big frustration. Also the quality of zoom anywhere below 5 times is very poor as it is purely digital and doesn't make any use of the telephoto lens until 5x and above. You can test this by putting your finger over the telephoto lens. It is only blocked when you get to 5x zoom and beyond.
2. Phone calls. The earpiece mic is hidden under the screen and the volume on calls is very low relative to my last phone so it's difficult to have phone calls in noisy environments. The speakerphone volume is also lower when turned on.
3. Speakers. Although it has dual speakers and they are very loud (much louder than the p20) , they sound very harsh and get distorted at top volume.
4. Although the phone says 6gb ram, it actually only has around 5.4-5.5 according to third party apps and the system takes up about 3.8 of this which leaves very little. I don't know why the system takes up around 1gb more ram than emui 9, especially since it has less features in the software.
5. Poor nfc functionality (China relevant). Very limited in terms of not being able to use it to charge transport cards and not functional in major cities such as Shanghai. Xiaomi and Huawei are way ahead for nfc
6. Signal quality is a little worse than the Huawei p20 with the same aim.
The positives are:
1. Video quality is better than the p20 although eis is only available at 1080p as far as I can make out. Seems to only use the ois at 4k
2. No camera bump
3. The full screen and no notch
Overall, I think I wouldn't choose it again if I had the choice even though I love the design of the phone.
sir may i ask, can we use the optical zoom in video recording at lower resolution? or the optical zoom turn off for all the video recording?
SpiritWolf, 31 May 2019Excuse me, how can a SOC be 'boring'? As I can't edit my comment from the phone, I correct myself. How can a SOC be 'annoying'?
Strangely enough, P30 Pro 5x zoom photos are a lot better detail wise. Just compare zoomed pics of clock.
Main camera is bit better than average 48mp midrange snapper but nothing extraordinary.