Anonymous, 06 Jul 2019Man if you truly think a freaking Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita are a better value than this you ar... moreclearly you are the one who doesn't kow what you are talking about. Cheapest of this is EUR250/ Buy a switch = better games. Also switch has better IP on its system as well as decent amounts of 3rd parties.
Free games does not automaticaly equal better console. A lot of mobile games are just pay 2 win, or trashy controls altogether. Puzzles and few games are exception to this rule.
If you wanted free games, you can now go down PS Vita route, fully hacked gives you access to full access to Vita games, as well as PSP and PS1. Console is like $100 mark and would actually be not only cheaper, but better games too.
I can see a great appeal with GameBoy and PSP emulator, possibly Nintendo DS as well. Car racing game should probably do well here.
Hemedans, 06 Jul 2019You can't be serious to compare mobile phone games vs console/handheld console. Vita and D's g... moreactually not all are pay to win but they (the developers) make u pay to win to a certain degree then repeat again.
Its the same for any android/iOS games unless u got the time to spend 1000s of hrs on it.
Last but not least, most games that feature in Android or iOS can also be played on PC, which leads to many unfair match ups.
Anyway the list goes on but hardcore gamer and gadgets fanatic will want to spend their money on this just to show off.
Over time this will just become another white elephant when that particular genre of game goes out of trend.
paco2x, 06 Jul 2019Looks nice than the average android console like those from JXD but quite expensive... the PSP... moreVita is Good now compare to Psp and it's cheap too. You can install everything like psp.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2019Man if you truly think a freaking Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita are a better value than this you ar... moreYou can't be serious to compare mobile phone games vs console/handheld console. Vita and D's games are way better than Android one.
Yes mobile games are free but 99% of them are pay to win, they were designed from scratch to make sure someone who pay get better score than those free players.
Am soccer fan look at soccer games in smartphone I can't play even one all are trash, compare it to something like FIFA in Vita you can see difference. Use YouTube there is lot of comparison.
Kangal, 06 Jul 2019I'm gonna add extra to the review about certain mishaps.
- Decent. Although its not g... moreMan if you truly think a freaking Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita are a better value than this you are beyond clueless. Have absolutely zero idea what youre talking about.
This device is in ANOTHER UNIVERSE when it comes to specs, battery, software and versatility.
Oh and it also has an unprecedented library of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of free games including worldwide "big game" hits like PUBG, Fortnite, Mobile legends, Honor of Kings, and many soon to be released such as CoD mobile and Apex Legends.
Oh and ALSO add in the library of basically every console till the PS3!
But in your eyes the Nintendo 3DS and Vita somehow are a better value. It would be hilarious if it wasn't tragic.
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2019Or you could buy a Xbox controller lookalike and use with Android phones...I prefer dragging just 1 item along thanks...
I would love some more phones that was designed for gaming not just slapped a gaming sticker on it and done...
Zendroid, 06 Jul 2019Oneplus wasn't known 4 years ago. That was something else. Even from the first One Plus phone the hype was real and everybody in the tech world was waiting and knowing about the device.
I doubt that someone from the tech world knows what is MOQI i7s device. Other than some few enthusiasts here and there. You can’t make an impact on an already crowded market with just few enthusiasts.
Why do you think Microsoft didn’t jump on this boat? Or why Sony canceled the PsVita? And don’t tell me about Nintendo Switch, the majority of people who bought one (me included), didn’t bought it for portability, but for Nintendo games.
This device doesn’t come with anything new from an Android smartphone (software wise). The apps are the same, the games are the same. So why buy one and carry 2 devices with me?
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2019it's not a plain console, and they can't put SD855 right away to a debuting product, typical d... moreOh, you are just a user who takes whatever you get? Doesn't matter what's inside, as long it's commercials are good, right? Of course we demand a bit for our money.
AnonD-833125, 06 Jul 2019Sd855 would have sky rocket the price of such device. Also oled display.
I think nobody woul... moreRemember the iPod touch? More people bought that instead of the iPhone, because of its possibilities. This console would be a great gaming handheld console, and outgame the other "gaming" units out there. Imagine this unit for the gaming, social media and so on, and the very durable and powerful Nokia 3310 for the phone part. A phone that lasts for days, and a fun machine that lasts for days. Instead of what we have today, that needs to be charged 2-3 times daily, because you game a little or watch movies on your travel.
It's about taking the risk, not playing safe and never get known.
I am using ps Vita (' actually my second one, first not modified) 2000, with henkuku mod and it plays natively psp, ps 1 and ps Vita, modifying sd card to 128gb allows more storage, emulation SNES, pc engine, mame, megadrive, gameboy advance via retro arch, Bluetooth Audio
I also have ps Vita TV with dual shock controller to TV, all modified
I prefer a Snapdragon 855 device with a gamepad. There are some JoyCon style ones that might be pretty awesome.
The SD710 is just too weak, but I'm quite impressed by the Asus ROG Phone and the Razer Phone 2, with it's overclocked SD845 the ROG Phone scores really high in most benchmarks, then both the ROG Phone and the Razer Phone 2 are beating the SD855 in Basemark X.
But honestly, a MOQI game console with a SD835 could have a lot more potential, then I don't know anything about the price of the SD835 now, could it be cheaper than the SD710 since it's over 2 years old?
Also I don't know if they are still being produced.
Looks nice than the average android console like those from JXD but quite expensive... the PSP is still the king for the low cost emulation device, nice ergonomics and the classic gems in PSP - PS1 catalog.
Zendroid, 05 Jul 2019Remove the camera! It's a console ffs! Sd855 needed! 6gb which ram? Sd855 would have sky rocket the price of such device. Also oled display.
I think nobody would pay 500+€ for a handheld console from unknown company.
In my opinion, this is the reason why not so many companies tried to create this type of device. The majority of people already owns a smartphone and not so many of them want to spend extra cash for new device, just to have physical controls. There is always the possibility to have some extra controls on your existing smartphone, rather than just buy a new device entirely.
Off-topic, but since Goldilocks was mentioned, was she really able to run away? I mean, for sure, bears are alot faster than her.
I'm gonna add extra to the review about certain mishaps.
- Decent. Although its not going to win out against any used DS Lite/3DS, Vita, and Switch consoles for direct value. But its not trying to anyway, so its fine.
- Other competitors are the Nvidia Shield Handheld, GPD XD Plus, various other models. Although it doesn't stand too great against the GPD Win and GPD Win2.
- Speakers should have been facing the front
- The QSD 636 is the minimum requirements, and the QSD 730 is the maximum requirements for this budget segment. So offering the QSD 710 is not a big complaint. Using a QSD 855 would have caused the price to increase a fair bit, so its a tradeoff.
- Plastic construction is the right choice, but they should've gone for something more Matte and Ridge-textured, like the bottom of the DS4 controller. This would've helped with grip, and reduce sweating and smudges.
- They should've added the L3/R3 buttons, but this does pose an extra point for failure, as I've learnt over the last two decades on console controllers. So maybe the deliberate omission is fine. Honestly, this push down feature should have been cancelled a long-time by Sony, MS, and Nintendo.
- An option to unscrew/replace the joystick neck-heads would have been a great inclusion for longevity. It might even allow you to have a flat device that slides in/out of pockets easier.
- They needed four shoulder buttons. It doesn't have to be analogue or pressure sensitive, but they needed at least four so when it comes to emulation it would make sense
- The offset joysticks are bad. It's because the right joystick is lower, which means your resting thumb-palm must purposely be hovering over it. The Switch has the same problem, and many people complaining. The Xbox controller can do this and get away with it because it is a spherical/contoured object.
- The correct way of putting the joysticks is both in-line and at the top. This means when using a FPS/3rd-person view you can look and move at the same time, and use the shoulder pads as the main action buttons. It's a treat for extended gameplay. But if you wanted to use the classic D-pad and 4-action buttons, you can shimmy both palms/hands down a little and enjoy them.
- Our hands naturally rest in a half-clenched form, so they're wanting to hold large, thick, spherical objects. Unfortunately such a size and shape bodes badly for our pockets, and is rather not-compact for such a mobile device.
- Since we're required to use flat surfaces, rather than holding two-half-gamepad (50 x 80 x 8mm) in the horizontal X-axis, we should be holding them in the width Z-axis (10 x 80 x 50mm). This means you can have the joystick at the front or top, but you lose the action buttons. And that's a good thing, because you can migrate them to the rear, and have them act like shoulder pads for each digit, and you can hit them without taking your thumb off the joysticks. So you lose 4 action buttons and 4 shoulder pads, but you gain 8 digit buttons in return.
- Now trying to pocket such a Z-axis handheld is not possible, which is why they need to be removable. Now each half can be together put into your pocket, and the main device put in the other pocket. Making this more ergonomic to carry around, more ergonomic to use, the best of all the compromises.