I thought the pixel was the benchmark for UI performance?
That's one of its main draws and been a target for optimization by Google's considerable Android teams.
OW! S10 samşung is the best phone I have ever used with its features. So I liked it
Mrwhoistheboss, 16 Nov 2019Since I am using s10 from past seven month....I literally don't found any lag or hanging probl... moreOpening common apps are just fine, it's not that slow. Multitasking is ok, I can retain a few apps for a certain period of time. Regarding to the fingerprint sensor, yes it has been fixed, but it is still not that fast and accurate. The face unlock still leaves much to be desired.
You will only notice severe battery drain and lag if you play graphics intensive games. My friend's S10 won't handle more than HD Ultra fps in PUBG Mobile. Smooth extreme is stuttery over time. The same cannot be said in COD Mobile.
Camera experience is great, video recording is nice.
I just wish they would install Snapdragon processors in the S11 next year as rumoured, clear the bloatware in the UI (reduce preloaded apps like Facebook and Twitter) and reduce the size of the cam punch hole.
Rahul Bhandari , 24 Oct 2019S10 is not safe for security finger control some items mobile opened when u only take hand set... moreSince I am using s10 from past seven month....I literally don't found any lag or hanging problem .... I completely denied with your comment....And Samsung also resolved the problem of fingerprint sensor too through an update
Rahul Bhandari , 24 Oct 2019S10 is not safe for security finger control some items mobile opened when u only take hand set... moreA fix was announced on the same day that you wrote this.:
S10 is not safe for security finger control some items mobile opened when u only take hand set in ur hands , as well its hanged many times.
Y we are complaining too much about the extra space on top of the s10 plus camera? Cmon you have the whole display on your face and worried about that damn small space?
Well a high end professional needs to answer calls and attend to conference calls and how to do that without a 3.5 mm jack required for a wired headset?
Also, a high end professionals needs a Note series phone with a stylus to sign off on scanned payment vouchers emailed to them.
What about high end professional musicians who need to connect their mobile device via a 3.5 mm cable to their guitar pedal boards to play backing tracks?
Please do not recommend wireless alternative headsets (Bluetooth etc) as high end professionals regard their health as a priority.
I have personally discarded Bluetooth wireless headsets several years ago after discovering the health risks it can pose to your brain and have also stopped answering calls with the mobile device close to your head. For that you need to WIRED HEADSET!!!
About fingerprint sensor this is my idea that significantly reduced mistakes.
If you are using several fingers to unlock your phone - instead of registering same finger multiple times (that several people already said) use 'finger slot' to scan all fingers that you are using in loop until 'slot' is completed then fo to the next slot and do the same.
Also take care about fingers position, it should be natural usage. And finally opposite that Samsung say - do not give too much pressure to scan better get some misses to success eventually than try to push harder.
On the end check your fingerprints sensor with accuracy test to find out hit/miss and possibly remove some slots and scan again.
With original screen protector and 1 july update, my fingerprint scanner success rate raised from 40% to over 90% and also unlock reaction is about half time faster. It works so better that I removed start animation that shows where put your finger.
ahmedabbas, 29 Jul 2019why isn't there a note 9 long term review? Having a late Note9 long term review will be beneficial for being up to date with the latest development updates, but yes it definitely needs to happen, especially with the incoming Note10 NOT having a 3.5mm headphone jack socket which is also very handy for hooking up to car & home hifi & being able to charge at the same time.
Yes, S10's quick charging is not at all quick. I have switched from Honor 8, a 3 year old mid-range, and its charging twice as fast as Samsung S10. Seriously, the difference is si niticeable thought its a bug first. With S10 you can forget the quick recharge while you take a snack - you need 2hrs to charge now. And a 15-20min snack time recharge barely adds 15-20% points, whereas Honor would charge close to 50%. No clue why Samsung went with this (batterry fears?), but it is very noticeable.
GAMIRSFM, 01 Aug 2019How is the Google Pixel 3 slow????????The Pixel 2 and 3 suffer from performance issues where they will randomly freeze due to poor RAM management and other software choices, also they only have 4GB of RAM which is not a lot for a flagship Android device
I'm using S10+ for 3 months now (SD855 model).
1. Yes, it looks amazing.
2. No, it is completely impossible to use it without some case. It literally slowly slips from your hand even when you hold it and do nothing. Any one handed operations are out of question. You never get uset to it.
3. Power button placement is bad and you can just barely get used to it.
4. Fingerprint sensor is garbage tier. It has no redeeming qualities . Even after months of usage I still often get 5 fails in row and have to enter password. Dry and clean fingers or wet fingers cause 99% of failures, in such cases there is no point in even trying to unlock the phone. I'm comparing to sensors from S9+, A8+, and Oneplus. Even very small sensors of A8 and S9 have 100% near-instant unlock rate and work in any conditions.
5. Display is amazing.
6. Punch-out front camera is dumb gimmick. Almost no software takes advantage of additional space to left of it and I suspect the numbers won't increase in future, due to new tech of pop-up cameras etc. Essentially it means that S10 series have big unused header, just like wedge on iPhones, but even bigger because it ends at lower border of front camera.
7. Main camera set is very good. I like pictures it takes and recently it won blind comparison test (by voting), both in good light and low light (heh). Sure, it is a small local IT site, but still. Wide camera is a really useful addition, yes, it distorts but you can make nice pictures with it.
8. Battery is great - one full day with semi-heavy usage is guaranteed. And by one full day I mean 40-50% left in the evening for emergency heavy usage. Two full days from one charge is also guaranteed but without reserves on second day. Fast charge is acceptably fast (I compare to Dash charge in OP).
9. UI is much better than TouchWiz but very few programs adopt OneUI. Firefox is running a preview of next-gen interface with OneUI support and it is really great. I wish more apps incorporated it.
10. Unmentioned in this article is a lot of 3rd party software hidden in the OneUI. I'm not talking about obvious Facebook etc. but about integrated stuff - MacCoffee "antivirus", some useless "cleaner" made by China, some spyware in camera which is tied to the recognition funtion and a few more thing like that.
Overall it is a very good phone with good battery and camera (the essentials) but not ideal and not for 1000 euro certainly.
Why samsung s10 plus got or easily warm or hot, even just watching YouTube or playing games. I think huawei phones is much better. Hope Samsung will fix this.
GAMIRSFM, 01 Aug 2019How is the Google Pixel 3 slow????????Not a power user here, but when I'm travelling, then yes.
And it slows down a lot during heavy use and also in a hotter environment (30° C) - which barely a problem for older smartphones.
Anonymous, 01 Aug 2019From the reviewWow. You really need to learn how to logic better