Tonberry, 10 Oct 2019The phone looks great in general, but the poor color accuracy with overly blue tint is worryin... moreColors me no idea but that reading mode is this time on top certified by TÜV Rheinland which means it's been tested and should work well to protect one's eyes against that light.
Tonberry, 10 Oct 2019The phone looks great in general, but the poor color accuracy with overly blue tint is worryin... moreMIUI has "Read mode" that drastically reduces blue light. Not that this is necessary to activet, instead change from "automatic contrast" (8500K) mode to "standard" (7500K) mode.
Also, since when did gsmarena stop informing about the best color option and only talking about the default mode and its sub versions?
Pretty much all smartphone manufacturers enable a horrible picture mode by default, Similar to the classic "dynamic" mode on TVs.
Changing from default (Automatic contrast) to "Standard" will give significant more accurate colors.
The phone looks great in general, but the poor color accuracy with overly blue tint is worrying. I think you should add it to the list of disadvantages at the end of the review, especially since the recent studies showing that prolonged looking at blue light can be actually dangerous for your eyes. People tend to look at their smartphones a lot.
I'm using redmi 5plus and one of the things I love about that phone is the quality of the loud speaker. I wish to upgrade to this phone, but the paragraph on the loud speaker is not encouraging.
Please comparing with redmi 5 plus, does redmi note 8 pro have a better or worse loud speaker?
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2019Samsung galaxy m30s with 6000Mah big battery, super amoled display,exynos 9611,48mp triple cam... moreFor the 2nd half of 2019
Exynos 9611 wayyyy slower thay G90t..
the gpu was 120% slower ...
after looking the antutu gpu score line
G90t ..79 000 ( true mid range)
E9611..only 35 000 ( jus like entry level)
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2019Cant understand WHY samsung cant give this kind of spec ..for the same price as Red N8 pro...
... moreSamsung is known for their flagships and I acknowledge the features including the price. The problem with their midrange were their target pricing. It seems that Samsung likes to hike the midrange pricing with respect to their flagship's success. This in return allows them to equip their midrange phone with old midrange SoC (with respect to ARM cortex specification) with ridiculous pricing.
I don't undermine the specs of Samsung midrangers, but my observation based on the competition is just that, Samsung midrangers were overpriced. The specs were solid and well rounded and I give them credit for that but as a whole, it's the Samsung name associated with their flagship were mostly the ones that made people buy the midrange.
I maybe wrong but this is just my observation based on the vast competition in the midrange, sure if someone has better one then I am obliged to learn from a constructive criticism.
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2019Samsung galaxy m30s with 6000Mah big battery, super amoled display,exynos 9611,48mp triple cam... moreSooo you'd rather have the M30s' weaker main camera, missing macro camera, weaker CPU, weaker GPU (by far) and less sharp screen. Oh and I assume you live in India as it's an India only device that M30s. Must really be difficualt to stay Samsung fanboy these days, as they make such underwhelming devices in this range.
Apart from battery capacity, which is already substantial on the Redmi, it's a massive win for the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Visitor, 10 Oct 2019Hi, which color of redmi note8 pro is much better or more premium in your opinion? & WhyIt's green cuz there's no other phones with it's colour and design.It's unique design and colour of RMNote8Pro.
Hi, which color of redmi note8 pro is much better or more premium in your opinion? & Why
Anonymous, 10 Oct 2019Cant understand WHY samsung cant give this kind of spec ..for the same price as Red N8 pro... ... moreSamsung galaxy m30s with 6000Mah big battery, super amoled display,exynos 9611,48mp triple camera,dolby atmos and more; is a clear match of RN8Pro..
Cant understand WHY samsung cant give this kind of spec ..for the same price as Red N8 pro...
Any samsung $200 phone can match to Red N8 pro..??
Can we use 2 SIM and memory card in redmi Note 8 Pro?
Torn, 08 Oct 2019Torn between redmi note 8 pro & realme 5 pro. Also wonder what price realme X2 launches a... moreShould wait for Realme X2 Pro instead. If you're lucky, no need to upgrade in 3 years or so until 5G became common.
its best phone
and its my next mobile......
Powerful mid ranger
The camera does not support eis?
Torn between redmi note 8 pro & realme 5 pro.
Also wonder what price realme X2 launches at, might wait after launch to decide which one to buy
AnonD-893002, 06 Oct 2019Apparently you do not even know what you are talking about: there is a very big difference bet... moreSimply put:
1. The 64MP is the true resolution of the sensor. But sensor alone only captures black & white picture.
2. Bayer filter is added in order to add color to each pixels. In this case, it's using 4:1 Bayer filter. 4 photosites each color filter. This would reduce the native coloured resolution to 16MP hence this resolution is used as a default resolution.
3. The 64MP coloured resolution can only be achieved in computational manner thus every time a user uses this resolution, the phones takes time to process the image.
4. The compute operation used is more like rearranging the colours (matrix conversion) evenly distributing them to form 64MP image.
5. The image quality of the 64MP depends on how good the matrix conversion is. For example, Sony's IMX586 (48MP) has better image compared to Samsung's GM1 (48MP) because it has a better matrix conversion and NOT because Samsung employs a mere "interpolation".
6. Thus the 64MP coloured image is never a TRUE 64MP native image. It's just an approximate of the 4:1 binned image, it can only be achieved via computational matrix conversion.
7. User's interpretation of "interpolation" is different from what the 4:1 pixel binned matrix conversion is.
8. To sum this all-up, the sensor is TRUE 64MP black & white, has a native 16MP coloured, and an approximate 64MP coloured image after matrix conversion.
The term "interpolation" (as interpreted by commoners) is just used by people whom doesn't fully understand the technology regarding pixel-binned sensors and just tries to generalise it as "interpolated" when the image captured does not satisfy their expectations.
All the 64MP photosites are there. They're not just "interpolated".