Given the price and battery life I am not sure how you can give the phone 4 stars
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2019phone breaks easily? well in term of technicality, jerry abused it, duh.. are you using your p... moreIf other flagship phones (even budget phones) didn't break after applying that much pressure and Pixel did, it automatically points to the poor build quality of the Pixel.
Google simply capitalizing on Pixel user experience and regular software updates by providing below par hardware.
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2019phone breaks easily? well in term of technicality, jerry abused it, duh.. are you using your p... moreThink what will happen if you accidentally sit on the phone or keep it in a very tight pocket for a long time.
Things that these "tech experts" never mention in their reviews:
- On Iphone11pro wide angle mode looked soft af on the edges, like a lump of mess. Distortion was really bad and much work for post (perspective correction) to make the picture usable. Very limited use case.
- on some phone (like iphone), nightmode is automatically triggered (no option to enable/disable), therefore camera comparison is not fair as they are not shot in same mode.
- PX4 is not in the same ballpark as Iphone11. It's in the same ground as Iphone11pro. You have to go back to primary school to learn math if you think the pro has better value, its back replacement cost half the price of a new iphone.
- Cheap china phones' hardwares degrade quickly overtime, lag becomes noticable in less than a year of usage. RAM management is poor (thus the need for much more ram). You have to use work around to get their android versions updated. Hell do they even get updated at all? Even Samsung is notorious for not bringing new android to its older devices.
- Bad battery life when comparing this phone to a Note. Of course the result would swing in favor of a larger battery capacity phone. Ideally they should compare exact battery capacity phones. No hard science.
- For this review particularly forced 90hz was on, that is not a fair comparison.
- SOT is a very poor gauge of battery endurance. I could get 6-7hrs sot from reading but only 2hrs from GPS gaming with the same phone.
- Google promises 2yrs of guaranteed software update and in reality it's more like 4yrs on average. That's 4 yrs of usefulness, count your roi.
Ultimately I wish to protect our interest as consumer. What I can see is a coordinated attack of tech reviewers on a perfectly fine phone. There are too many brain washings for us to get things that we don't need. Quadruple camera? Ultra resolution screen? Overkilled battery life?
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2019Battery fail 61 hrs s10e at 83hrs Looks like it throttled slot no sustained performance ... moreMy partner has the S10e. A beautiful phone, but be aware that her battery life is below what I thought it would be. Not bad but just ok. which tells me that the Pixel 4 will be a train wreck. Seriously lousy from the Pixel. I feel sorry for those that buy one, not being aware of this massive fail.
hahaha 62 hours? what a garbage.. and u pay samsung prices for this.. omg how can google fail so hard ????
Lammo0, 29 Nov 2019Have the pixel 4, battery life is fine, not great, but not bad either.Seriously? 62hrs is the worst I've seen for a long while.
Thank you for reviewing the small Pixel 4 since you didn't review the Pixel 3 last year. Very disappointing. I'm glad I got a Pixel 3a this black friday. No regrets.
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2019The Mi Note 10 has great hardware specs, but the software is terrible. Just average low light ... moreDynamic range is less in low light but color rendering is natural. Hdr mode fixes this issue.
Plus detail captured is unparalleled. You get Dslr likes natural bokeh to all photos something that other phones fail to do coz of smaller sensor. Suttle little things that make it the best camera. Ultrawide and zoom cameras need improvement.
I'mPhone, 30 Nov 2019Completely false. Pixel 4 does have those rubbish hardware and poor marketing strategy, the... morephone breaks easily? well in term of technicality, jerry abused it, duh.. are you using your phone with excessive force like jerry done?
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2019I completely agree. I owned every one starting with Nexus line. The issue on battery life isn'... moreI have also been using the Pixel line for awhile now and I gotta say while the refresh rate is a good upgrade it would have been much nicer if we had more storage and more memory. If with Google storage 64 gb is kinda 2016 standards. The baseline should be 128 - 500 gb storage and 8 - 12 gb memory. I really hope Google has these kinda specs next year, I'm kinda thinking about making the switch to the iPhone. Pixel should have had 6 gb of memory at the Pixel 2/ Pixel 2 XL.
I'mPhone, 30 Nov 2019Not true. The Xiaomis are still the top performers.with higher defective rate compared to other brands
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2019Dual exposure should get more credit than it is been given. For those who know about it (which... moreThe feature works quite badly because Google doesn't adjust the exposure time when you adjust the shadows. So the shadows can be very noisy in average light conditions. Otherwise this is a great feature indeed. You can underexpose for getting more highlights and then adjust the shadows. Some camera manufacturers already offer similar things like Sony's DRO or Fuji's shadows setting, but they don't give you a slider. Furthermore apparently Google makes sure that boosting the shadows doesn't make the image lack contrast or look artificial.
Battery life is a disaster. After 6 months of usage it will hold 2-3 hours screen time on one charge. Disaster!
Basically worst phone money could buy right now. Only after iPhones
I find this to be the most fair review on the Pixel 4. I own the pixel 4 and got it on the black Friday deal for $599. The reason I got it was because my wife's phone started acting up and I gave her my LG G8. I will say in my opinion the G8 is a much better value than the Pixel 4. I bought the G8 for $499, and that has a better display, better battery, better front look, more base storage, headphone jack and some other things the pixel lacks. I would have felt better if I paid $499 for the 4 rather than the 599. For the record though I don't think the pixel 4 is bad either, and I rather like it. Overall there is jut not much in the compact phone category and the pixel 4 is one of the better ones.
One criticism I have with this review and others like it is that they bring up the oneplus phones as competition but they are a different size. Reviewers need to stop doing this unless you are only saying just as a smartphone in general, which throws a whole bunch of phones into this category. The competition for the 4 is the s10e, G8, Nokia 9 pureview, and others in this size category I may have missed.
There is one neat trick the pixel line does for me that no other phone can do without me paying my carrier for it, and that is transcribe voicemail on the native voicemail in the phone. It cose extra with my carrirer but the pixel phones do it without the feature.
LOL, don't you just love the comments here. My phone is better because it has better specs... SMH. Pixel will always have the best, seamless user experience, battery on the small pixel after 2 weeks of running in/use, is not an issue, camera is unsurpassed as usual, software support is the best in Android.
Nice batterylife for a 2015 flagship