Nikson, 26 Feb 2020Samsung has nicer colors and better design in darker tones. Xiaomi are sharper, better exposed... moreI am not sure about nicer colors. They look too oversaturated to me. I understand this is sibjective to taste and some people may prefer it.
Well its clear that the 100x zoom is no more than a marketing strategy and the effective range pretty much the same at around 50x, and the properly usable image is only at 10x zoom and a bit more. While it's still impressive compare to the competitor like the 11 pro, its not really as amazing as they want to be or as they marketed it to be
So it's clear that the 100x zoom on the S20 Ultra is no more than marketing strategy, the realistic effective range is probably the same as the P30, around 50x magnification, and the properly usable image is only at around 10x and a bit more which is impressive especially compare to iPhone 11 Pro which priced similiarly, but not as impressive as they want it to be or as they marketed it to be
It's kinda funny that you released article with pictures and there was an update to increase quality of camera afterwards... Lol
Internet full of "Ultra" reviews like everybody will buy it.
No reviews about S20 normal version.
Does anyone really use zoom that much. I wouldn't want a picture of something I can barely see with the naked eye.
Such an overhyped improvement that 99% of people wont actually use
Whackcar, 26 Feb 2020The P40 Pro is supposed to use a 54MP sensor (13MP images). Sensor size is unknown now, but pr... moreRumours suggest P40 Pro might end up using a 1/1.33" sensor just like S20 Ultra - but with lower MP count (52MP vs 108MP) and most likely different colour filters.
In the end it's all the same crap. Mobile cams have reached their peak in current form and no marketing gimmick will make a breakthrough. I myself didn't expect more than 5% of the improvement compared to S10 in still daylight shots and I was right.
Really dissapointing 30x and terrible 100x zoom,nothing can replace optical zoom, s20 has many gimmicks
Here are my observations on this comparison:
1. Detail level is ever so slightly higher than Note 10, but S20 Ultra is on an equal footing with P30 Pro in this regard. Sometimes S20U does it better, in other times P30P defines more details.
2. At 2x zoom S20U seems to be doing something very similar to P30 Pro's hybrid zoom between 3x and 5x, where it merges images from the main camera to the telephoto camera to enhance the detail rendition on the centre of the frame. The differences are that DR is higher and the fusion artifacts are a bit more noticeable on S20U, but I would say they are pretty minor.
3. At higher zoom factors S20U shows more noise than P30P, but certainly pulls ahead in details. The latter just applies too much NR to make everything look overly smooth, and I absolutely hate it.
4. In low light the limited sensor size of P30 Pro's telephoto camera shows significant disadvantage in terms of overall exposure, which is to be expected but still disappointing to see nonetheless. Here Note 10+, again, shows more convincing results compared to S20U at 2x zoom.
P30P and S20U are neck and neck when it comes to the low light performance of the main sensor, however - S20U shows more natural textures and controls highlights better, while P30P hides noise more successfully while preventing colours from being washed out towards the corners. With that said, I still prefer S20U's night time performance.
5. Mi Note 10 destroys S20 Ultra during the day, end of story. The 108MP samples from both devices suggest S20U is more susceptible to colour artifacts, captures less textures and applies more sharpening resulting in worse image quality as a whole. As I kept saying, Nonacell is such a terrible CFA arrangement for array conversion.
In pixel binning mode, there's nothing S20U can do to even get close to Mi Note's performance.. higher resolution reigns supreme.
Shui8, 26 Feb 2020In fact, it'll be a lot better if its using 64mp Quad bayer pixel-binned to 16mp. Can squeeze ... moreThe P40 Pro is supposed to use a 54MP sensor (13MP images). Sensor size is unknown now, but probably the same as P30 Pro. I expect good results.
Then there's the 10x periscope... Which has some very high expectations to live upto.
Did you purposely avoid 5x zoom because it's optical on the P30 Pro or...? The S20 regular seems to be the way to go if you don't care about the gimmicks. Especially because it's gonna drop hard in price.
Whackcar, 26 Feb 2020As I expected, the Nona-Bayer approach is wrong. The Quad-Bayer sensor on the Mi Note 10 takes... moreIn fact, it'll be a lot better if its using 64mp Quad bayer pixel-binned to 16mp. Can squeeze more pixel size from that 1/1.33" sensor.
As I expected, the Nona-Bayer approach is wrong. The Quad-Bayer sensor on the Mi Note 10 takes more detailed images in all scenarios. Even low-light performance isn't all that great on the Ultra.
The telephoto camera is good though, I'll give it that. It's just the 108MP sensor that disappoints.
Samsung has nicer colors and better design in darker tones. Xiaomi are sharper, better exposed, but also more neutral than color.
wish they put same size sensor (1/1.33") without pixel binning. 108MP is nothing but a gimmick. pixel size is what matters the most