Mediocre battery life. Very disappointing overall. To much hype and too little substance.
Who knows, 01 Mar 2020Loool! Check out again or check up your eyes..I checked S20s specs over here they didn’t mentioned 240hz only OLED 2x unlike Xiamio mi10 pro gsmarena mentioned that 180hz touch sensing! Why not S20#?
Where is audio quality test?
higher, 01 Mar 2020Sorry mate but you're still ignorant looking at this nonsense post.
1. Exynos is only used ... moreSo I've to waste my time for this man again.. Well let educate him..
1. Exynos not only being used in Samsung but also in other bands like Meizu, Vivo, Motorola etc.. ignorance detection: 1st time
2. Qualcomm is working on their custom and semi custom CPUs since years! Specifically from 2012.. In 2015 they introduced their latest gen 64 bit cpu series Kryo which they're still using and developing.. Like their all last flagship processors have used Kryo cpus..
Ignorance detection: 2nd time
3. Don't talk about anything which you don't know. Exynos M cpus shows better scores because they are powerful for single core performance.. And powerful CPU doesn't mean faster always.. It highly depends on inner software optimization through machine language..
4. Let you educate again.. For ARM cpus, transistors need to be narrower to increase efficiency and decrease latency.. This kind of cpus are not intend for make to handle more power and voltage. That's why these need short distance to overcome the transition latency..
Wide path can be beneficial in X86 architecture mostly..
5. I think you didn't even know what you've said.. Because your words literally meant that.. only Exynos did use A-55 cores for efficiency not SD865,, they use their own semi custom cores named kryo 585 silver based on A55 architecture. And Cortex A55 is roughly 3 years old.. because it was used first time in the end of 2017 or early 2018.. Learn to count. And efficiency cores in A13 bionic are underclocked.. So that doesn't refers anything about performance but efficiency thus A13 bionic is so efficient by help of light iOS and easy optimization.. I don't to check anyone infos although Anandtech is good XD..
6. And my phrase ie. 6 efficiency core was for common uses.. As the tri cluster introduced to make SoCs more efficient.. In Sd 865, there only one ultimate performance cpu (kryo 585 gold) has been used, and 3 low powered performance cores which is also for efficiency and 4 efficiency cores (Kryo 585 silver). Same with new Exynos and Kirin HiSilicon SoCs..
7. Go to a doctor
8. Whatever their opening source is Samsung had a very strong place in R&D of microprocessor of their custom CPUs.. Neither ARM Cortex nor Samsung Mongoose or Qualcomm Kryo are sucked. What do suck is OEMs optimization. And which site did the test of individual cpu core? XD
And where did you get the information of Samsung's flagship sales? In dream? Hence they are shipped most smartphones in 2019. They obviously did less profit than 2018 but didn't lost billion like you get your infos from your empty head.. Then I'm asking you again why Samsung will access of using their custom cores? Get some knowledge man.. And in microprocessor manufacturing Intel placed top from 2019 as it was Samsung till 2018. Although both sold over 70 billion dollars products.. TSMC placed in 3 and sold almost half than both.. Get your facts right again.. Even Samsung is not a company of Asia only, they've plant and stakes in different continents.. And their market capitalism is now 301 billion dollar which placed them at world top 18, where they were at 28 in last year.. What you were saying, lost billion right? XDD
9. ISA has to license by ARM not Apple. Which full form is instruction set architecture.. It's phrase of group of ARM license holder. Nothing exclusive.
10. As I said I don't need listen anyone because I do study these by myself.. All news by Anandtech or Garry explain are just prediction.. Nothing is practical by now.. As Adreno 640 was better than Mali G-77 MP12 in every category and their successors have similar over performances so it's impossible to Mali to catch Adreno by now.. Even their performance on papers also said the same ie. 144 hz capability vs 120 hz capability..
And talking about Apple's SoC it's a different thing, as Benchmark spaces obviously varies on system to system. Either performance. So the level isn't that much different as well.. Even looking at the benchmark, SD865 and A13 bionic doesn't have that much difference in GPU performance. Even sd 865 is more capable in term of handling multimedia and display.. So the practicality is a different case..
I forgot to count your ignorance tho.. That might be 9 or 10 times for sure, jokes apart :p .. Although cheers.
where is audio test?? its important also, why it drop out?
get it back.
phone looks overprice.
i dont get it where you need 120hz screen except support energy company and battery companies!!
its very expesive make and offer so little for real life. get it off!
looks ukltra its not phone,no.
samsung, make phone withour front camera, 60hz screen, good front finget print sensor,very good 12mb back camera, (its enough!), IR sensor, 6000mah battery and wireless charger
if front camera must put it, make it pop up,but i say NO front camera.
im sure price go under 600$
million will be selling
Anonymous, 01 Mar 2020Studio shots are taken in controlled conditions, which means all phones are taking photos unde... moreStudio lighting can emulate different conditions and the conditions are under total control of the user unlike outdoors (extremely useful for testing specifics).
You can't rely solely on outdoor samples.
Robert the Tech Boss, 01 Mar 2020Who told you? You surely didn't watch all reviews. Almost everybody mentioned it.GSM and phone arena the verge didn’t even mentioned I’ve even check with Samsung customer services they doesn’t know they only saying screen refresh rate 120hz?!
Future Leader, 29 Feb 2020My thought is if Samsung is not doing design their own processors, so they can design their ow... moreThey can't start from scrap as everyone is way ahead. The only way is to buy a company that has already a decade of experience and research on GPU.
Even qualcomm's gpu department was bought from AMD(that's what I have heard).
Or another way is , if they like AMD's design they can bought those research and design from them and start by themselves, which is highly unlikely.
Anonymous, 29 Feb 2020They did early review to Mi Note 10 while people complain about Standby drain bug on new Miui(... moreGenerally Samsung release stable software just before the launch. Xiaomi doesn't have that kind of budget to refresh software again and again.
LG Superfan, 01 Mar 2020I prefer real world than studio tbh I rarely look at studio shotsThere are pros and cons with studio and outdoor tests.
+) Studio has controlled lighting condition, which means all the tested devices will go through similar conditions and situations. This will sort of ensure fair quality test
-) The controlled condition might not reflects well with user's daily experience
+) You will get more relevant result and the verdict could be close enough to what you might experience in real situation
-) Since the condition can change any minutes, it will be much harder to get similar condition to compare phone photo ability.
So in my opinion, if you want to see the phone camera capability without comparing it, the real situation might be suitable. But if you want to compare between two or more devices, the studio test might be more suitable. Plus, you don't need to test the devices at the same time
back then nokia provide 1080p30fps at 17~20mbps now after 6yrs Samsung give same reso at 11mbps it is funny really
Future Leader, 29 Feb 2020I'm ignorant? Seriously? Well I don't talk with newbies much as they are packed with very litt... moreSorry mate but you're still ignorant looking at this nonsense post.
1. Exynos is only used in Samsung phones, everyone else uses mid- or high-range Snapdragon SoCs because let's face it: Exynos is worse than Snapdragon.
2. Qualcomm doesn't design custom cores for many years now. They use ARM's Cortex A76 (SD855) and A77 (SD865) stock cores. So yeah a little knowledge wouldn't hurt you would you? :)
3. Why on earth Samsung M cores are faster than Cortex A7x cores in Geekbench but slower in everything else including SPEC2006? Because they are "tuned" for Geekbench instead of real-world loads.
4. I didn't mention clockspeeds at all. Apple's cores are extremely "wide". Almost twice as wide as ARM's best offering so it doesn't need those high frequencies as ARM's cores to reach high performance.
5. Where did I say that "a performance core became an efficiency core" ?? You made this up.
Fact is both Exynos 990 and SD865 have the ARM designed A55 efficiency cores from 2017 (!!!). It's almost 4 years old and it shows. For instance the efficiency cores in Apple A13 are twice as fast while consuming half the power than ARM A55. Check Anandtech for details.
6. What six efficiency cores? SD865: 1xA77 core at 2.84xGHz, 3xA77 cores at 2.4 Ghz, 3xA55 cores at 1.8 Ghz. If you add this up this is a 4 efficiency+4 performance cores configuration.
Exynos 990: 2xSamsung M5, 2xA76, 4xA55. This is again a 4 efficiency+4 performance cores configuration except that Samsung uses a year older core than Snapdragon (A77 vs A76).
7. Why a performance core has to be efficient? :)) Are you for real?
8. Like you said it's "Samsung's R&D of SoCs". Read again: SoCs
Their foundry business is a different one but they laid off their SoC team because they sucked compared to ARM's Cortex designs (proven by respectable sites), consumed more power and actually no one used besides Samsung. And since Samsung's flagship sales are quite low (where they used their Mx cores so far) it wasn't really worth it, they lost billions of dollars for basically nothing.
But yes they should focus on fabrication because TSMC is currently the leading edge foundry and it will remain for a couple of years that's for sure. No wonder TSMC is Asia's most valuable company and not Samsung. :)
9. The truth is that Apple licenses the ARM ISA (instruction set) where they design their cores from the ground-up. Same goes for Mongoose cores. Like I said before Qualcomm has nothing to with the core design, because they license the A77/A55 'microarchitecture' which IS designed by ARM.
10. Regarding GPUs here's something from Anandtech:
"Apple isn’t the only one Qualcomm has to worry about; the 25% performance increases this generation are within reach of Arm’s Mali-G77. In theory, Samsung’s Exynos 990 should be able to catch up with the Snapdragon 865. Qualcomm had been regarded as the mobile GPU leader over the last few years, but it’s clear that development has slowed down quite a lot recently, and the Adreno family has lost its crown."
Apple's GPU is on a whole different level (as well as their CPU cores). It's sustained (throttled) performance is higher than Adreno 650's peak performance while consuming less power. :)
LG Superfan, 01 Mar 2020I prefer real world than studio tbh I rarely look at studio shotsStudio shots are taken in controlled conditions, which means all phones are taking photos under the same conditions. There is too much variation outdoors that skew our judgement of the quality of the shots.
PongHu, 01 Mar 2020So if benchmarks were true then why ROG Phone 2 in both Geekbench and Antutu scores lower than... moreI already mentioned it doesn't work in that way and to understand one has to learn about it at first.. For similar or competitive products score doesn't make that much difference in low powered devices (smartphones, tablets or lighter os based computers).. And gaming phones with similar SoC don't get any extra benefits from the chipset rather than well optimization or some throttling assistant hardwares (heat sink pipe) or custom workings..
Anonymous, 29 Feb 2020Go look at the studio low light shots for yourself.I prefer real world than studio tbh I rarely look at studio shots