Certainly very good but unless you are a hardcore gamer or must have the latest phone to show off, how about buying for example an A70 for 1/3 of the price. If you really want a better camera, buy a real camera (any produced after 2013). The A70 is excellent for probably 98% of the things you will do on it. It is of course up to you, but is the 20 series worth the extra money? I bought my A70 last summer and can recommend it.
If someone preferred a decent & latest Samsung phone, then this S20+ version is.
Cant say the same about the Ultra, even the vanilla version could be better than it, with a lil bit down on battery side. But still great overall.
nate0, 25 Mar 2020Also aptx support is extra per soc.Tried activating it via developers menus? I have on mine and my headphones use it.
Shanti Dope, 26 Mar 2020Why does this one have better camera performance than the highest tier model?
Oh, maybe becau... moreMan ! You've got some serious issue.
Everywhere I see you I see your comment against Samsung.
Who hired you ? Huawei ?
This S20+ is Exynos 990 variant. So, it uses in house ISOCELL sensors.
So, don't try to give credit to Sony.
Also read the review before commenting like a stupid.
Gsmarena, please compare the s20 and s20+ to see how the background separation quality looks like if with and without TOF lens. Can't find these comparison anywhere.
Don't buy the exynos version.Awful battery life and the phone get heated fast. Talking from preorder regret experience here.
Why does this one have better camera performance than the highest tier model?
Oh, maybe because it uses a different sensor from another brand for the main camera :))
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2020It shows same issues of last year (not seen on s10e physical button).
Slower than optical on... moreThe person has to try more than once, coz they are placing their fingers in the wrong area on the screen. The area is smaller and not bigger as Samsung promised before releasing the device.
With physical fingerprint scanners, you know where to place your fingers. So you get it at your first attempt. Although most people will learn with time, where to place your finger on the screen.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2020Did S6 had under the display scanner??
Besides, the FP Scanner is fast enough for regular use... moreIt shows same issues of last year (not seen on s10e physical button).
Slower than optical ones, also sometimes person has to try more than once and press harder the screen.
nate0, 25 Mar 2020There are some issues here.
1. Your speaker test is absolutely useless to me. I could care... moreIt is better testing the speakers.
Using earphones, the result will be different .
According to the ne you used.
Earphones shipped with phones are low quality.
xhxhyy, 26 Mar 2020Yep. It's crap. Look at the cons box. And LOL, the fingerprint speed doesn't improve at all. S... moreDid S6 had under the display scanner??
Besides, the FP Scanner is fast enough for regular use, most ppl won't notice it.
It's just that it's slightly slower compared to competing devices.
nate0, 25 Mar 2020There are some issues here.
1. Your speaker test is absolutely useless to me. I could care... more1) Gsmarena already concluded that your headphones will matter a lot over the inbuilt dac inside when it comes to audio quality. Sure phones like LG V60 will be slightly better than the rest out of the box, but the real audio quality depends a lot on the headphone/earphone you use.
2) Yes, that test needs to be brought back.
3) use third party app to output 90hz instead of 120hz.
Got excited at first about Samsung saying they had up graded there cameras on the S20 models,but then watched, a Superb video on you tube,showing you the difference between the Snapdragon chips and Samsung own chips,and Snapdragon easily outclasses the Samsung chips,and in Europe we use the Samsung chips,so straight away thought i am not going to waste my money on a phone that does not live up to it value,Why?can"t Samsung just produce phones using Snapdragon chips,if they know there own chips make there phones worse,
Yep. It's crap. Look at the cons box. And LOL, the fingerprint speed doesn't improve at all. Same old crap since Galaxy S6. You shouldn't have any cons against flagship but the price alone. Thank God, Samsung cease the Moongose-core soon.
There are some issues here.
1. Your speaker test is absolutely useless to me. I could care less how the response of the speaker is as far as audio quality goes. These transducers have been around well over a century so yet small they work fine. Please bring back the audio response from the dac (either over usbc or the audio jack). Every phone regardless of its type is subject to converting digital audio in some form or fashion if sent over a cable, period plain and simple. This has to be included. This coupled with the speaker test would be good. Just the speaker test alone is useless imo.
2. You guys really should bring back the sunlight readability test.
3. Why can't the phones with 120hz support also 90HZ along with 60hz? Or did I miss something?
WazzaG, 25 Mar 2020I thought that there was an issue with the US version not being able to work in the UK & E... moreSamsung uses SD in USA because it is cheaper than paying royalties to Qualcomm.
Something to do with CDMA like Verizon.
Anonymous, 25 Mar 2020Review of find x2 pro has comparison against s20 ultra and p30 proThey only compared telephoto cameras not all cameras.
Shadocx, 25 Mar 2020I know, but they can import it or something, they had the S7 Edge Exynos and Snapdragon varian... moreI thought that there was an issue with the US version not being able to work in the UK & EU in 5G mode, which if correct could explain the absence of a SD version in those areas.