- Screen resolution: screen is 300+ in ppi, which is good for a human eye. How many of daily users would know the difference in 300 and 500+ ppi, if companies had not informed the density of screen in data sheet of their phones? Regarding OLED and LCD screen, both have it's pros and cons, with price tag. Again if someone wants OLED display, they have options of 11pro and 11promax for those who can pay for it.
- Battery : it's a small phone, hence cannot have huge battery. However, battery life is based on many factors rather than just it's mAh. It's efficiency that matters. Have used Lumia 630 with less than 2000mAh and going through the whole day of normal usage. It's efficiency. I have seen people who inspite of having 3000+ battery capacity phones, still carry a power bank plugged in whole day. Hence, only solution to this ever increasing battery life is invention of micro power generators that can be fixed into the phone bodies.
- Screen Size : again it has more to do with how efficient a user is. I have managed doing all my tasks from banking, emails, calls, video calls, watching movies on 4.5" screen with great comfort. That's an ideal size. Anything more is just a gimmick and buyers trying to justify their money spent. Increased screen has nothing to do with increased efficiency and productivity. Laptops and tablets are in place for those who wish to have larger screen.
In criticizing Apple iphone SE, people forget that it comes with latest and best SoC of Apple coupled with latest OS ( with 3+ years of software updates).
Which Android 2017 phone runs on latest Android? Hardly any, except Pixels. But iPhone 8 does have iOS 13.4, the latest.
End of the day SoC and OS are primary components of a phone with which so called screen types and sizes, camera modules, batteries and everything else works.
If one likes it, buy one and if one hates it, stay away. It's so simple.
What a joke of a review.
Fast processor put in a 6 yr old design with low resolution screen and tiny battery with slow charger....at a mid range price !
Swap the Apple branding for any Android one and this phone would be lucky to get 2 stars out of 5.
Apple are having a laugh at their customers expense AGAIN.When will you learn
I was just going through all comments since the announcement of iPhone SE 2020.
Criticism is specifically for few things as listed below--
- Bezels : in this trend of so called 'Bezeless ' design, iphone SE has ugly bezels. But reality is, every phone has bezels, but those are smartly hidden by extending the screen on sides ( popularly called infinity display). This gives an impression that it's Bezeless, but in reality it's just an illusion. Bezels are structural requirements which cannot be avoided. And most importantly those using Bezeless phones can tell about increased efficiency due to low bezels- 10 to 100% increased due to Bezeless design?
- Design of iPhone 8: yes they have recycled design of iPhone 8. People with an eye for Design would tell you that most of the phones in market today have more or less the same design, specially OnePlus phones are more of OPPO VIVO designs recycled ( ONEPLUS fans will never comment on design). Same may apply to many brands. Only Motorola, Apple, Blackberry and SONY have unique design identity.
- Camera : Cameras are helpful functions. iPhones have always been amongst those good ones in terms of picture quality. If high numbers and high megapixels were the only criteria then Nokia 9pureview or Huawei quadcam phones would have been the only bestsellers. Camera of iPhone SE 2020 is good as it should be and if cameras are the only thing that a buyer wants, then they have options of 11pro and 11promax for those who can pay for it. Those serious about photography will always prefer a professional camera rather than a mobile camera.
So the 3 year old camera setup and and display get a 4 star rating ?!?!?
Why the battery life is lesser of iphone 8,while the processor is newer?!
The phone isn't bad at all, if the bezels were made thin, the starting price would have jumped to $550!
It's such a shame about the battery life, the gaming performance is probably insane
Battery life is atrocious! And this is not a small phone. Almost as big as iPhone 11 Pro.
I bought this phone and honestly for normal users the battery life is better than most android phones that have an average of 3000mah batteries. iPhone SE battery may be small on paper but it out performs higher capacity batteries. Was a worthy buy instead of constantly buying android phones with slow updates, disappointingly made and designed apps. Don't care about customizations anymore and never used widegts etc. Part of the iPhone group for the first time and loving what iPhones offer.. especially no ads in stock apps and they don't track everything you do.
wtf with the battery endurance.
i though this phone can become my list but unfortunately not. apple still love to do milking their consumer
for premium phone i will pick xperia 1 ii for sure its gorgeous
for premium affordable phone i will pick rog2 or zen6 for sure its the most worth in its price point
Kriegsherr, 02 May 2020It depends. Exynos runs hot and battery life is pretty bad. I have a s10e with exynos in it. T... moreThe battery of your s10e should hold way longer than a day i own a s10+ i know it has a bigger battery but i can do an easy 3days with a full charge you have could have some setting that need lots of battery or mayby lots of open tabbs
Anonymous, 02 May 2020Battery life sucks. What's the point in this phone?Make Apple more money.
How was the A71 not mentioned in alternatives? Better in every way except CPU and camera.
My suspicion is that it was deliberate on Apple's part to have large bezels and a small battery. A $450 iPhone SE without these things would have cannibalised iPhone 11/12 sales whereas this model will not.
Mr. Anonymous, 02 May 2020In Europe, one can buy Samsung s10e for the same price.
I would choose it any time of day ins... moreIt depends. Exynos runs hot and battery life is pretty bad. I have a s10e with exynos in it. The battery is really bad. A half an hour video call eats 35-40% of battery. I can't get the whole day with a single charge. Fortunately I am at home because of coronavirus so I don't have a battery dead phone otherwise it would be painful for me. Everything else is good though.. Its fluid, display is awesome, one UI is great, fingerprint sensor is fast, the phone is comfortable to hold, i guess the camera should be better than SE.
S10 lite should be a better deal even if someone pays 50/70 euros more.