Anonymous, 02 May 2020Battery life sucks. What's the point in this phone?59 h battery life for the last Apple phone = unbelievable !
First SE was much better for all in 2016.
Endurance rating of 59 is lower than that of iphone 6s, 7 and 8, so the battery life is supposedly worse than all of them. am i reading that right ???
Anonymous, 02 May 2020My suspicion is that it was deliberate on Apple's part to have large bezels and a small batter... moreHow is it deliberate when Apple was still selling the iPhone 8 for $449 just before the announcement of the iPhone SE (2020) hits?
Nobody made noise when Apple was still selling the 8 for $449 but slap an A13 Bionic chip on it, reduce its price by $50 and suddenly everybody is harking on how bad a deal the new SE is
Shiny Dave, 02 May 2020Oddly, I feel like the best market for this might be lighter users, perhaps older people, who ... moreOlder people have eye problems that will be exacerbated by the tiny screen.
I'm happy with the compact size , but the battery life is really disappointing :( .
Is it really 400$ in US? Other countries u need 50$-100$ more(450-500$). Even if it is the battery life kinda lame. I thought im gonna switch my midrange android over this...
LilPhone, 02 May 2020While this is a bad phone, the rating is the same as the S20 Ultra (4.0 stars).
So the S20... moreHaha, you ate the biggest Samsung and Exynos hater on this site.
Samsung... Dead? In your dreams pal.
It will take a 1000 years for Samsung to be dead.
I think GSMarena should post an article with explanation:
Oneplus 8 Pro gets 12.28 hrs Web browsing with 4500 battery
IPhone above gets over one hour more with 1800 battery?
For iPhone video test gets only 8.56 hrs? Usually video time > Web browsing time
But fun is ahead you: phone call which doesn't use screen 10.07hrs
My question is how will be look battery life on mobile data?
During on line game when you use screen processor and mobile data? Will be there 4hrs? (if stupid streaming on WiFi which doesn't involve to much CPU took results 9hrs)
Many people also have questions about battery results on Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro
I think it's time for some additional tests and explanation about results in all 3 phones
2013-2014 battery life that will become less for each year. they could have simply improved that without increasing battery dimensions but I know it's possible to make it larger.
I'll burn through the battery within a day with LTE and some gaming in a typical work day.
Oddly, I feel like the best market for this might be lighter users, perhaps older people, who don't want to switch phones as regularly as, well, anyone who reads GSM Arena comments threads.
Long-term OS updates and a chip that'll keep up with them will allow this to genuinely last 4-5 years... Apart from the battery factor, which isn't as much of one if your daily use isn't so intense. And having actual bezels might be a genuine accessibility advantage for some people.
Whatever else it lacks, a USP isn't one. This will be the perfect phone for certain people, and I say that as someone who very much isn't one of them.
One of the unsuccessful model in apple with my knowledge. I was impressed when i saw the iPhone SE model with full screen and best features.
1. It was not handy.
2. It was looks like an old model.
3. It was not upto the mark.
4. Model should look like left over item.
- Screen resolution: screen is 300+ in ppi, which is good for a human eye. How many of daily users would know the difference in 300 and 500+ ppi, if companies had not informed the density of screen in data sheet of their phones? Regarding OLED and LCD screen, both have it's pros and cons, with price tag. Again if someone wants OLED display, they have options of 11pro and 11promax for those who can pay for it.
- Battery : it's a small phone, hence cannot have huge battery. However, battery life is based on many factors rather than just it's mAh. It's efficiency that matters. Have used Lumia 630 with less than 2000mAh and going through the whole day of normal usage. It's efficiency. I have seen people who inspite of having 3000+ battery capacity phones, still carry a power bank plugged in whole day. Hence, only solution to this ever increasing battery life is invention of micro power generators that can be fixed into the phone bodies.
- Screen Size : again it has more to do with how efficient a user is. I have managed doing all my tasks from banking, emails, calls, video calls, watching movies on 4.5" screen with great comfort. That's an ideal size. Anything more is just a gimmick and buyers trying to justify their money spent. Increased screen has nothing to do with increased efficiency and productivity. Laptops and tablets are in place for those who wish to have larger screen.
In criticizing Apple iphone SE, people forget that it comes with latest and best SoC of Apple coupled with latest OS ( with 3+ years of software updates).
Which Android 2017 phone runs on latest Android? Hardly any, except Pixels. But iPhone 8 does have iOS 13.4, the latest.
End of the day SoC and OS are primary components of a phone with which so called screen types and sizes, camera modules, batteries and everything else works.
If one likes it, buy one and if one hates it, stay away. It's so simple.
What a joke of a review.
Fast processor put in a 6 yr old design with low resolution screen and tiny battery with slow charger....at a mid range price !
Swap the Apple branding for any Android one and this phone would be lucky to get 2 stars out of 5.
Apple are having a laugh at their customers expense AGAIN.When will you learn
I was just going through all comments since the announcement of iPhone SE 2020.
Criticism is specifically for few things as listed below--
- Bezels : in this trend of so called 'Bezeless ' design, iphone SE has ugly bezels. But reality is, every phone has bezels, but those are smartly hidden by extending the screen on sides ( popularly called infinity display). This gives an impression that it's Bezeless, but in reality it's just an illusion. Bezels are structural requirements which cannot be avoided. And most importantly those using Bezeless phones can tell about increased efficiency due to low bezels- 10 to 100% increased due to Bezeless design?
- Design of iPhone 8: yes they have recycled design of iPhone 8. People with an eye for Design would tell you that most of the phones in market today have more or less the same design, specially OnePlus phones are more of OPPO VIVO designs recycled ( ONEPLUS fans will never comment on design). Same may apply to many brands. Only Motorola, Apple, Blackberry and SONY have unique design identity.
- Camera : Cameras are helpful functions. iPhones have always been amongst those good ones in terms of picture quality. If high numbers and high megapixels were the only criteria then Nokia 9pureview or Huawei quadcam phones would have been the only bestsellers. Camera of iPhone SE 2020 is good as it should be and if cameras are the only thing that a buyer wants, then they have options of 11pro and 11promax for those who can pay for it. Those serious about photography will always prefer a professional camera rather than a mobile camera.
So the 3 year old camera setup and and display get a 4 star rating ?!?!?
Why the battery life is lesser of iphone 8,while the processor is newer?!
The phone isn't bad at all, if the bezels were made thin, the starting price would have jumped to $550!
It's such a shame about the battery life, the gaming performance is probably insane