Got this phone for several weeks now, and I can only say: It's sony-ericsson, it's, again, a good phone.
And that's certainly an understatement.
I always owned SE's, but my last phone was an omnia. God damned, in comparison with the xperia, the omnia is no good, and again, that's an understatement.
I frequently use the phone, (call up to 3 hours a day, send 20 text messages, 15 mails, ...) and the battery holds up to 3 days.
People who are saying their battery isn't doing well, got 2 options: or your phone is broken, return it - or you keep losing track on time.
Thumbable interface really isn't that bad.
Fast response on touchscreen. And the occasional crash of windows. (but who said SE can help that?)
O2 Phone Delaer, 13 Feb 2009This handset has major issues with the bluetooth connection for car kits so beware that the Wi... moreAs a phone dealer you should know that wifi takes 70% of your standby time and bluetooth takes up to 50%. It's strictly normal that the phone shuts down one or the other.
This handset has major issues with the bluetooth connection for car kits so beware that the Wifi will deactivate the bluetooth connection when it puts the phone in power down mode to save battery life. SE are fully aware of this major issue yet still have not sorted the issue via software update so if you do a lot of talking on bluetooth then SWITCH OFF your wifi - Not Good Sony Ericsson
I had an offer of buying Xperia for 25,000 Rs
Is it a good deal ? The phone is just 4 days old.
Is the Phone worth the price??
I've had the phone for a month and I think as a business tool, it's great, possibly one of the best! Having read the official review on the camera, I have to agree that it's definately not the best. (I had the K800i before this one and I think the 800i took much better pictures). However, I do not think that one will buy the X1 for it's camera but rather for it's functionality as a business tool and there I think it comes out tops.
Just wonder if somebody can give me some advice on the optimum settings for the camera?
Got it over a month back in New Delhi India for 42,000 in INR approx 950 USD. I also have an Nokia E90 and since last month i have diverted all my calls from my second sim which is in Xperia X1 to my sim in E90. X1 in simplest words is a pain in *ss. It's Userfriendliness is minimal if not negative and not becoz its a Windows based phone but due to its weird erogonomics and unresponsive interface.
I found the following flaws in the phone:
1. Making a call in emergency is impossible it takes several attempts to dial a number not fed in the contacts (I would rather prefer Nokia's Cheapest Phone of 1000 series in hostage like situation)
2. Battery backup is unworthy to even be mentioned in comparison with any of Nokia's phone.
3. Windows hangs and it does it quite often.
4. The phone box should have been printed with a tag (Beta Version) use it on your own risk and always keep a backup phone. (Network connection is Sluggish as well)
5. Can not see any display in sun.
6. Don't know what came to me so i bought this piece of buiscuit where i could have gone for an iphone (probably because i needed a second phone and i already have an ipod touch).
7. SE people have gone insanely maniacs to have priced this thing so high. But there are even greater maniacs like me who thought of getting a good deal even at this price tag.(Overhyped Fad Product)
Good Things in X1.
1.It's atleast a device you can flaunt but don't try to impress it in it's operative mode. Extravagant things are best when hidden.
Got my Xperia yesterday and afew comments here:
- ergonomics are just terrible: the camera zoom in/out is hard to feel
- there is no big lag on the device, but still not iphone
- reception is worse then o my old N70 (coverage as well)
- Wifi connects, but sometimes it does not
- not thumb friendly (maybe main functions like turn off the wifi/ flight mode etc) but to write a sms with fingers really difficult
- alarm seems to be ok, but since I want to be woken up a few times in the morning like at 7 then change it to 7:30 an then finally get up at 8 is really impossible to set up, unlike on N70
- battery just died after 1 day of slight usage, I will keep an eye on her, but strongly dissapointed so far with it (and it takes ages to recharge her [as for now].
To sum up, it will go to ebay soon, unless some miracle happens.
Do not really recommend the phone, and will wait for N97 I guess
at this stage, we have so many options available at lesser price tag from Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry..........difficult to decide
adam skitt, 11 Jan 2009i had one got rid of it......its a poor persons iphoneLOL its a very good phone, its an iphone killer and those saying the htc is better, u can get the htc touch flo on the xperia, now that my friends is amazing, over and out
that would be the "posible maximum Stanby time" if not being use much.. just is GSM mode not in 3g , lowered brightness , then thres a posbilty that it might reach that stand by time. SE phone very ingenious. it use also light detectors to save energy unlike other phones
In the review they reckon a battery life of 2 days while giving the handset some serious usage.
After my first full charge I am down to 40 percentcharge after about 2 hours of 3g HSDPA web brousing a few texts and the odd shifting through the menus.
I will clarify this after another charge overnight.
whenever i will reach at India. I will surely buy this phone.. the price is Rs.42000 a bit costlier but better then iphone the fucking phone... no bluetooth, to put music it needs cable and all time fucking thing with cable...
This phone is hundred times better than the iphone and any other...
this phone is the best it has this nice look and this nice keyboard. this phone has the best thing
what gps software will work with this phone. i have copilot 6, should this work?
also, what is the real world battery life like
I am really messed up with thiz pocketpc.....
there r soo many drawbacks ov thiz device.....a slow media ....
Hello everybody. I like this phone very much and i am interested in buying it in a few months. I have seen mostly all the comments and i don't know what to believe, is it good? or bad? Is the battery life long as said in the specs? Please be honest and write a true report in a comment. I don't know why some people write bad and i d i o t i c comments about this phone. X1 is
good looking and too good for some people to have
HTC TOUCH HD IS THE BEST watch a video brows on the internet then the screen amazing