i am in love with this phone and i have researched everything i need to know about but i don't know why some people make bad review about this phone . well for me ignorance is give them having the problems with this phone because it kind of discourage people who want to buy this phone. i think they are too ignorance...this phone is just a technology and every phone has it weakness even iphone happen to be the high ranking gadget in the work but it got a problem too about the call drop and somehow iphone ceo manage to do something about it but lg km900 arena too is a good phone so i recommend it and it worth the price. i am gonna get mine!
Chrissy, 09 Sep 2009Possible THE WORST flagship model released by anyone recently. Its a joke that this phone can ... moreChrissy, you are the first one to tell it like it is, this phone is crap! all of what you say is true, I am sick of the phone crashing when I play music through Bluetooth , also the Eq setting only lasts for one tune and reverts too " off " unless you go back to the home screen while the music is playing which incidentally is the only way to get the Eq to work in the first place, select a tune, press play, choose your Eq setting, go to home screen, then select music again and then finally, as the music screen come back, you hear the Eq kick in.
Playlists.. the point of a playlist is to hear the tunes you select in the order you select them not in alphabetical order which is how the 900 will play them to you...Fail
Album art.. If you want the album art on the menu carousel then you have to use Windows media player 11 if you dont have it then you wont have any pretty pictures just images of blank Cds, unless you know a bit about operating a PC there is no way that the tunes you put in will appear as you expected, for example, choose ten random mp3s, put the in a folder and name it, i.e. my favorites album, then sync to your phone, I guarantee when you look at the results on the phone you will see ten different albums of one tune each, Grr, this is because if the mp3s dont all have the same file summary the phone sees them as different to each other and splits them up, I have literally spent hours trying to get a group of tunes all in one folder with art on the front.
Apps.. Where the f*** is the app support, this model is 12 months old or more now and there is still no app store, as far as I am aware correct me if I am wrong, compared to the I phone the 900 is a joke.
FM transmitter.. dont think for a moment that this will work in a car, it wont, the signal is so weak you will have to sticky tape it to the car ariel to hear it
This phone was bought for me as a gift and I am sad and annoyed for my friends, who all chipped in for it, that they were conned into believing it was a good alternative to the I phone which it isn't. Unless you want to spend hours in front of a PC get yourself a cheap phone and a quality mp4 player.
Possible THE WORST flagship model released by anyone recently. Its a joke that this phone can be regarded by LG as their best!! I was looking forward to using the phone after reading the review. I knew the software wasnt as good as the IPhone and other niggles but nothing prepared me for just how bad. Here are the issues:
* Crashes randomly when multiple functions are being used(e.g. when viewing long lists of SMSs and a phone call comes in when playing music)
* Accelerometer doesnt work properly, once rotated, the screen will stay in the same orientation even when the phone doesnt… have to tap it or keep trying until the screen comes back
* FM Transmitter doesnt transmit any BASS at all… sounds like you are in a lift listening to the music that plays in there. Its shocking how bad it is. I tried to flash it with the latest software to solve the Bass issue with no joy.
* Music player is a joke. The randomiser is not so random, plays the same tracks over and over if you start from the same track (barely random if even)
* Cant forward tracks by dragging the scrollbar, have to hold the forward button which goes at 5 seconds intervals (imagine a long 2 hour set). Funnily enough you CAN forward videos by using the scroll bar!!!
*The music player interface is terrible. You cant read the track names properly nor scale it so you can.
* Camera takes a good 3-5 seconds to take a photo, by which time the phone has moved and it comes out blurry
* Movies are in 3gp format (WHY when older Viewty took it in AVI)
* Cannot sort music into Compilation albums (Sort into albums and it still sub sorts by artists)
* Does not read ID3 Tags and has its own way of classifying MP3s
* Once a large amount of things have been added on the phone, its a nightmare to find the correct file / mp3
* Same thing for contacts as there is a search bar but by the time it responds and the keypad comes up you could have just scrolled to the contact using the dodgy scroll bar which disappears as soon as you let it go, so its a race to get to it and use it!!
* Screen cannot be looked at in sunlight at all.. have to turn brightness to maximum and even then struggle with fingerprints.
* Specific to my phone: I went overseas and used the World clock. Added a few cities and all of a sudden it crashed. When I went back in, ALL the cities were named the same!! The timezones and map locations were correct but I had no idea which city was what any more! Had to factory reset which made me lose everything on the phone.
* PC suite is another joke. Transfer is extremely slow onto the phone, better to user Windows and USB mass storage.
* Dead pixel already on the screen
* Youtube cant be used over WiFi
* You have to click on several items to get to basic functions which is tyresome. The shortcuts are useless, and repeated on several screens. It would be nice if you could create shortcuts to points yourself instead of picking from a default list.
* The box widget is another pointless gimmic
* Any useful items such as the threaded inbox, you have to choose it each time you go to your inbox. What a waste of time.
Seriously LG were you pushed for time and ran out of money releasing this one, I would be happy to help test if it stops me from being so disappointed.
PHONE RECORDING FEATURE: Does anyone know if this model can record phone conversation? and if does, what is the EXT (that is format) use?
I'd like to make a comment regarding the video clip presented in the review. The 2 primary things that a phone should do is CALL and TEXT/EMAIL. So Pleeeeeease, if ever you will create a video clip presenting the phone, please make sure you show how these things (CALL/TEXT/EMAIL) are done in the featured phone. The Camera, Video and Music department should come after those 2. I am very reluctant to buy touchscreen phones due to text or email input issues using touchscreen. However, having read in other sites that the LG Arena has smooth and responsive touchscreen that makes texting a breeze, I wanted to see an actual video of it doing a text message. I got dissapointed that the video clip presented in the overview doesn't show it.
aside from the higher display res, does it have any other advantage over the i900 omnia ?
does the arena have the windows OS??
im just a lil unsure...
which one is 'the best'?
timmsy, 19 Feb 2009erm, samsung, hd recording phone? i8950? ur a bit lateFirst,its I8910,second,the Arena is a phone with a less resolution camer to be less expensive,I do'nt think you're gonna to worth many quanties of money to buy the OmniaHD,say "You are late!" to Nokia!
im a fan of lg but LG is actually making bad things against with its competitor for example: lg said that lg will make an 12 mp camera phone two and they said that: ``If you've got two equal cars then you'll obviously go for the one with the bigger engine." which is actually that they are talking about sony ericsson iduo. and they filed a case vs. kodak that kodak is infringing to lg`s camera. all i gotta say is "LG BE A SPORT"
LG is world best innovation company..just i ithink..Good LG
some pretty looking video... be transparent
Hmmm... I am seeing myself as a future LG owner... any one for cookie 2?
erm, samsung, hd recording phone? i8950? ur a bit late
its pretty obvious to roll what works or what consumers like best into one unit . Thats logical. Thata business . Looks wise , you really cant do much to change the layout. Unless the brand bashers would like to have a go designing some thing ... original ? like the call button is on one side of the phone and the end button on the opposite side? Seems like too many teenaged potty mouthed, money flouncing bespectacled dweebs giving their cherished comments by bashing other brands, If you like it you like it , you dont , go away . The new arena specs look promising - Heck I'd buy one . Those models are so cute , I'd probally end up getting that solar phone thingy if they asked !
Leo, 18 Feb 2009May be good, may be bad... all I know is that LG people have an easy job copying anything that... morewell, what is wrong with copying? every other major manufacturer copies the feature from thier respective rivals and I do not see anything wrong with it as long as you did not steal the technology. That only proves that LG has their own sophisticated technology and hardware to mold thier own interesting gadgets and that is way ahead of SE's perspective because they cannot even make thier own full touch screen phone. Maybe Sony and Ericsson has a brand more powerful than LG in the mobile world in this moment of time but both Sony and Ericsson are lossers in thier own specialized field that they cannot stand alone to compete individually. SE lossers!
LG must be in the works with a HD recording phone, since they already did the solar cell thing
Anonymous, 18 Feb 2009Interface doesn't look as brilliant as claimed. Its just trying. Anybody will get bored with f... moreAh... the comments of a jealous SE fan, guarantee if SE released this you'd be shouting about how amazing it is, however fact is LG have been very clever taking a recognisable user friendly interface such as the iphone, using HTC's excellent touchFLO, incorporating the sharp crisp looks of the Omnia and including theyre own excellent camera/video recording facilities, I praise LG for this device, it's taken the best parts of other handsets and producing what is possibly the best handset of 2009 and were only in February!!! Cant wait to see what other companies release to compete with these feature packed monster!!!! Bravo LG.... Bravo.
Interface doesn't look as brilliant as claimed. Its just trying. Anybody will get bored with flipping around. And anyway, it hasn't come even close to what the iPhone is. I don't like the icons too. And if you notice,, they have an icons for every basic task like display brightness. Like my old Casio scientific calculator. Bless the person trying to find which icon belongs to what
IMHO the best interface i saw at MWC 2009 was SE Idou (duh!). Too bad its ages away from release. But that gives me more time to fill my piggy bank :)
May be good, may be bad... all I know is that LG people have an easy job copying anything that comes their way! THe arena has copied the TouchFLO cube from HTC, the icons from the iphone and the rounded looks of the omnia... It´s easier to copy than to create!
Solar powered phones? I wonder if LG will no longer supply us the traditional charger/adaptor with those phones... then what will happen if it rains a whole week... hah!
By the way, those girls in the ad are kinda cute...