Can somebody tell me if the Galaxy S has a special contact's function?:
A DETAILED SEARCH OPTION like for example I want to search a contact from any name or address or phone number,and not only writing the name or surname.
I know that the Iphone has this option..
I`ve got my galaxy S since one month now. the only drawback i`m facing is the battery autonomy. i was mislead by the specs saying that the autonomy would be over 1000 hrs standby time and around 7 hrs talktime. however, its autonomy is only two days. Anybody may clarify this for me.
love swype text, defo a big selling point working at a phone shop, customers love it! sometimes its slows up but still on android 2.1 so need to update however finding it difficult!
I don't know what all the hype is about this phone. I used it for 2 days and thought it was a total piece of garbage. It's a 1G hz processor but it's still really slow and pauses a lot when switching between apps (however I'll admit I was using android 2.1, so maybe that was the problem, but still, 1ghz processor, c'mon). It's light and flimsy, and feels like a toy, and more like a blown-up iphone-wannabe. Yes super amoled is great, especially on a 4.0 inch screen, but that's about the only selling point this phone has. But the screen does have a drawback, and that it looks like little too supersaturated. Looking at the same pic on a computer screen or a print out is not going to be the same. The camera is okay, but no flash, what were they thinking?? Old iphones and the first few android phones didn't have flash, but that was years ago. The default launcher and widgets are absolute crap, especially when compared to HTC sense. The apps window looks, again, like a iphone wannabe, except even more childish. And lastly the battery was decent, especially when compared to the Desire HD.
I don't understand what you people use to rate a phone. I've used the Nexus One and thought it was an awesome phone. I've used the Desire HD and it was a huge disappointment (don't know what all the good reviews about THIS phone are either), although still much better than galaxy s. Now I'm using Desire Z and think it's pretty good, besides the camera on this phone everything else is great.
Hi everyone, upgraded myself to this sleek Samsung Galaxy S i9000, after lots of research, it was a tough decision as all the similar latest models had almost similar features, the fast speed 1GB hummingbird processor, good battery life, excellent GPS features & really amazingly clear screen made me decide to select this model over others. Since almost over five weeks of usage no call drops, no phone hangs or freezes, no sync problems, has given me true satisfaction of my wise decision to pick this phone. Wi-Fi & blue tooth usage has much less battery drain compared to its competitors (no names please). Video calling is charm on this phone 'cos of 1GB processor. Radio usage reception is excellent almost always. With 32GB memory, watched "AVATAR" in HD on my i9000 and at end of it I used 50% battery - not bad eh! Amazing masterpiece created by Samsung Galaxy S team. Overall performance is excellent for my usage. My advice buy the model which suits your usage habits, this model for sure is way ahead of others per my personal research, usage & satisfaction.
My menu button seems not to respond every time, anyone else having this problem?
Look for an app in the market called uninstaller, seems to work for me so far as apps I've installed go.
Hope this helps
Hey any1 knows if I can set a full photo (portrait) as a wall paper on the Galaxy S to be displayed in a single view rather than a cropped picture whereby to view u also need to move the display screen left or right?
How come you have not reported anything about the connectivity issues that the Samsung i9000 has?
There are quite a few tech review sites that have mentioned about the issues users are facing while the phone is trying to connect to GPRS, but I do not see any mention of that in your review!
Does anyone know if the external memory card can also be micro SDHC? Manual says it can, but Samsung's support over Twitter says I should by only micro SD.
Has anyone use it with micro SDHC yet? Whas is the Speed Class you used (2,4 or 6 Mbps)? Did it work well?
I bought one (SDHC) over Amazon, and it has not been delivered yet. Depending on your feedback, I will have to change it.
Regards to all...
wheres the photo and video editing software gone because i sure as hell havent got it on my galaxy?neither the car or home dock bit was hoping for more on the camera front to be honest...
Rafael, 30 Oct 2010I bought galaxy s. i really tought it was a good smartphone. well,
1. the design is poor, it... more1. I agree with you about the design. Personally I do prefer the design of Nokia N8 and the iPhone 4. Well, nothing is perfect at all.
2. A good silicon case could help a bit.
3. Maybe is just the headphones. This one that comes with the device you must put deep into your ears to hear the bass. Personally I hate these type of intra-ear headphones. I would like if it was like a Sennheiser MX160 headphones, that have a really decent bass (you can buy one in Brazil at FNAC shop). BUT, using a different headphone you loose the ability to answer calls, change music and volume, etc. That is a shame. I hope Samsung offer different headphones as accessories.
5. Samsung Galaxy S could be the ultimate smartphone if it had a camera like Nokia N8, with a Xenon flash and also a LED flash for video recording. It could also be rugged like Motorola DEFY and have a green LASER on top of it. I wonder why manufacturers does not think about this option yet. It could be great to use a smartphone as a pointer in meetings, congresses, events, etc.
6. The TV signal used by mobile phones is just 1-Seg, that is low-res, with very high compression. To deliver better than that it is necessary a more powerful processor, that could drain the battery very fast. I don't think it would worth for a thing that is just to help when you're away from the big screen of your living room. About the TV antenna, maybe it is just a physical limitation. Maybe you don't even need to pull it if the signal is strong enough.
7. Well, you can remove the ones you like less. :)
"FM radio is mono-only" - At Wikipedia we can read: "The FM radio tuner output is permanently disabled on some variants, but on some can be enabled by a firmware upgrade, the 2 channel mono bug found in some of the phones can as well be fixed by a firmware upgrade". So, the FM radio is mono in some devices, not all.
About the GPS, Wikipedia says: "GPS problems range from the device not being able to lock on to any satellites, to the phone freezing when the GPS is used, and to the signal being intermittently dropped. These problems prevent the phone from acquiring location, Google Maps and other location-based applications are often handicapped on Galaxy handsets not acquiring satellite GPS, and falling back to less accurate terrestrial tower triangulation of the mobile's position from the nearest 3/4 available relay towers. The magnetometer which is built into the device is also reportedly having problems determining the correct bearing and renders inaccuracies to the end-user."
But what I miss more on it is the camera flash and the FM radio recording that I had in my Omnia HD. That is terrible sad... :(
I bought galaxy s. i really tought it was a good smartphone. well,
1. the design is poor, it looks like an old iphone;
2.it is all made by plastic. that kind of plastic that will peel the painting with time;
3. diferently it is written here the audio player sounds terrible. there is no bass at all even using equalizer and bass improvement tools. i am really disappointed with that. those who wrote this review probably, don't listen to music usually
4.another thing, the covers of the albums look like they have low quality (almost all my covers has 1000x1000 pixels;
5. the camera is ok if you are in a place with light;
6. tv has no good image quality but i think is brazilian digital transmission, not sure; the antenna reminds me old tvs, it doens't match with smartphone tecnology
7. there some apps installed that do the same thing. useless.
I could write more and more.... someone want to buy my galaxy? i hated it!
Facebook developer Joe Hewitt asked if the Android truly open source software, claiming that the mobile platform marked increase its market share only because Google forcing operators and manufacturers to install their devices in the operating system. Hewitt suggested that Android is no different from the IOS operating system and will not be until Google does not allow that in this operating system free to change by the community and leave the model according to which one wants to reveal ways to change the code.
Anonymous, 18 Jun 2010hey guyzzz does this phone supports multitasking ? does this phone heats up on continous using... moreYes it heats up pretty much when multi tasking or if you are playing game on. the battery drains pretty fast. it couldnt last for 5-6 hours with a single full charge. does the iphone face the same heating issue? apart from the over heating issue, this phone doesnt support Skype which totally put me off.( you could download skype from the andriod market) the application just wont work.. its simply too buggy after 1 day use....