Bad news Nokia users! Games based on the Unreal engine (Dungeon defenders is first, coming in December) are coming to OpenGL 2.0 enabled devices (iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S as far as I know). That means, no such games for Nokia phones.
Alui, 23 Nov 2010Stay away from Nokia ppl. Why? Because it sucks. Examples:
1. If you want to set whether and ... moreTrolling again Alui? At least try to find proper faults...
1. Never used this, but I'm sure this is a horrible thing :)
2. Totally wrong. Never had any problems with this. Online search is more powerful (dedicated servers rule, surprise) since you can practically search whole world with start of an address. Offline it only goes through something like the city you are in (based on GPS lock). If you want to search other cities you need to add the city to the address. I can search any address that is in the maps loaded on the phone though.
3. You already mentioned Opera and I know you know there is a completely new browser coming so why troll? I don't like the browser that comes with Windows either, doesn't trouble me one bit.
Stay away from Nokia ppl. Why? Because it sucks. Examples:
1. If you want to set whether and which connection (WLAN or 3G) to select when using an application (Ovi store for ex.), you set this in the BROWSER settings, not in the general settings of the phone.
2. The "free" Ovi maps does not find any new address in the offline mode. So if you use it abroad you need to download data in roaming.
3. The browser is the worse among all possible browsers in any smartphone. OK, Opera Mini saves the day, but, hey, if you change some settings in the stock browser these settings will affect all the apps that access the internet.
And many more...
a great Design ,great screen, a 8M photo , a HD video recording too? a GPS with FREE maps from lots of countrys (that do not need Net access,it can work alone, is good for when we go holidays to other countrys), and i can see synbian still have a lot off features..voice dialing, radio..etc...all this only for 300euros ?? what others phone with this for 300? Seem very good
raf, 22 Nov 2010i can see many noki supporters here. well...probably the last nokia phone you owned was N95. i... moreI don't think you have even tried N8. I'm really happy with N8. It is a great phone and the UI certainly isn't bad. Go to a store and try it yourself people. Don't believe what the trolls are trying to tell you.
i can see many noki supporters here. well...probably the last nokia phone you owned was N95. i did the awful mistake and bought Nokia N8, and returned it after a week. huge price and very unfriendly UI. Using N8 is generally constatn frustration. so run and buy C6 or C7 or N8, whatever, you;ll regret that:)
Anonymous, 21 Nov 2010URGH! Nokia phones as so yesterday.
Give them 3 to 4 years and they will be dead or merged ... moreThen why iOS and Android are lagging miles behind Symbian? Nokia also always brings out new features and others follow. I wonder why.
For example this phone has a completely new display technology that we haven't seen on any other phone. I believe it is even better than Super AMOLED because it has full RGB subpixels instead of the cheat/hack PenTile the Super AMOLED uses. It also has USB OTG which is a great feature and I don't understand why other manufacturers aren't offering this.
C6-01 is by far the best phone in this price range and you come here telling people Nokia will fail. You were being ironic right?
URGH! Nokia phones as so yesterday.
Give them 3 to 4 years and they will be dead or merged with some other company.
Congratulations for the review..
I have a question..it's possible that Nokia, with a future firmware, improve the camera quality?
For the browser it's announced a new version for the next year =)
well no one can beat nokia with GPS nevigation....that is for sure i can say offline nevigation, you just need to know the name of the place or zip, the smart search can list all the possible place...installing app on mmc has been there from the bigining, which android providing in "froyo"
10's of high end models with no sale!! nokia only sells well low end devices. one device is enough for apple and google lol!
of course N8 is the better phone,but when there is C6-01 n C7
its just so identical.C6-01 no AF camera can except but not C7. The price is not far from N8.
Decent phone for this price range. It will not be easy to find a better phone with the same price. Anyway, don't frown with the processor, people. Performance is not about clock speed, it depends on how the os utilize it. If you want better camera, get a more expensive phone.
arg0, 18 Nov 2010Any comments on the ability of the EDoF camera to capture QR Codes and the minimum size of a f... morecompare yourself: bring up the resolution chart 100% crop from this review and compare to wave or iphone4 from their reviews (or any other 3 or 5 AF camera)
the small numbers are more detailed on c6, although the other two phones give better pictures overall
but for this price, its more than acceptable
Anonymous, 18 Nov 2010300euros! its expensive! it should be same price as lg optimus one or samsung galaxy 5 to make... moreAt 300 euros you still get things like USB OTG and awesome GPU.
And of course the screen is just amazing. I think it is better than Super Amoled because it is actually a full RGB screen and not PenTile.
Anonymous, 18 Nov 2010guess what? that is no 1st class non-AF 8mp camera either. Face it, every reviews out there st... moreI said AF camera would increase the cost and the comparison was to the camera on N8. If you compare to that the 5 MP AF cameras on iPhone and Wave are pretty much a joke.
As I said, if camera really is so important, then get a phone with a proper camera.